Good times- bad times

The betrayals

 

                                                 

 

They were playing in the water splashing it around. The girls were having a good time and relaxing in the pool laughing when Tiffany decided to take their little playing on another level. She splashed the water around making bigger splashes and proceeded to throw water in Sooyoung’s face and hair.

“Ahhh, Tiffany, stop right there” Sooyoung goes after Tiffany who’s running away from her.

“No, you’re gonna have to catch me” the other runs laughing.

Sooyoung stops for a moment “Alright, I’ll definitely catch you” under her breath, squinting her eyes.

They spent quite a bit running around in the really large pool laughing and goofing until Sooyoung catches the girl.

“Pabo, where do you think you’re going?” holding firmly by the waist the girl who tried to escape.

She tried to take Sooyoung down but Sooyoung counterattack tickling her, which Tiffany really can’t handle.

“Stop Sooyoungie, mianhae” she said almost teary from all the tickling.

“Good you’ve learned your lesson!”.

 

They go by the side of the pool to chill.

“Ah, I really like staying here with you like this” Tiffany says inhaling the air and looking up the sky.

“I know you do”

“It’s nice to have a friend like you” Tiffany looks at Sooyoung.

“I know, you love me but you just can’t confess”

“Aren’t you being too cocky right now?”

“You seem happy today”

“You make me happy” Tiffany answered back cheesily.

“I know” Sooyoung laughs at how cheesy they were being.

“Yeah, we haven’t spend time like this alone in a long time”

“I know, there are always other people around”

“Now we get to enjoy ourselves” Tiffany encircled her arms around Sooyoung’s neck, smiling happily.

That made Sooyoung a bit uncomfortable.

“What are you doing right now? Are you seducing me? I was just playing with you before”

“What?” Tiffany was taken off guard by the misundertanding then decided to play it off.

“Can I do that?” noticing her being uncomfortable and wanting to make it worse.

“No you cannot” she reaches and pulls Tiffany’s hands off, walking away.

“Stop being so coy, you know you want me to seduce you” she back hugs Soooyoung.

“Are you done now?” Sooyoung waits for the hug.

“Yeah Sooyoungie!” she pecked Sooyoung’s cheeks.

Sooyoung wiped it off “How many times have you done this? If I didn’t like you, we wouldn’t be friends because of this. I’m not a… I swear sometimes you mistake me for a…” She can’t bring herself to say the words.

“A boy” Tiffany finished and smiled.

“I really hate when you do this Tiffany”

“I know but I really wish you were a…”

“Don’t say it” Sooyoung cuts her off.

“Bbboy”

“Honestly, a lot of girls liked you because of that”

Sooyoung scoffed finding it unbelievable.

“The first time I saw you, you had really short hair and you were really cute and boyish”.

“Are you kidding me?”

“I never told you this but I kinda liked you then, I approached you because of that”.

Sooyoung looked at her with disgust.

“Be disgusted all you want. You really do have that aura around you, you’re lucky I barely talk about it anymore”.

“Thank you, I’m really grateful” Sooyoung says sarcastic.

“I mean I wish boys were caring like you. If you were one, then I wouldn’t have to like your stupid, I-I-mean”

Thankfully Soooyoung didn’t catch on.

“Who’s stupid when you thought I was a male when you met me”.

“Nega, mianhae!”

“Whew, thank god I didn’t spill it” Tiffany mentally pats herself on the back.

“Pabo” Sooyoung looks at her smiling.

Sooyoung wondered “Honestly, were you always this stupid?”

“What? You really think I’m stupid? Chincha?” Tiffany hits her.

“Yah,don’t hit me! I’m only joking” swimming away from Tiffany.

They hear someone fake cough, and turned around to see who it was.

“Sooyeon, what are you doing here? Who let you in?” Sooyoung asks surprised to see the girl.

“Sulli did, can I not be here?” Jessica joked and with a more serious tone” I’m here to see Siwon”.

“Oppa is at work. Why didn’t you call him?”

“He works on weekends too, I thought he’d be here. I called but he didn’t answer, I thought he just didn’t hear my call, so I decided to show up and take him out”.

“That’s…nice” Sooyoung said awkward.

“He’s not here so goodbye” Tiffany teased.

Jessica started walking back, undecided but went back to the girls.

“Hey Sooyoung, do you want to go out instead?”

“Yeah, I was gonna ask you the same thing. Since my brother is not here, we girls can go out. You don’t have to leave”.

“Yah!!!” Tiffany pulled Sooyoung to the side, whispering.

“I don’t want to go out with her”

“Why?”

“Because…”

Sooyoung started pulling her out of the pool “See you don’t have a reason”.

“Weren’t you the one that didn’t like her first?”

“Be quiet” Sooyoung faced her “I don’t like her much more than you do, I’m just making an effort so help me out here.”

“Plus I can’t be alone with her” Sooyoung said under her breath.

“Wahh!” Tiffany shakes her head “I feel used”.

“Shut it, let’s go” snatching the talking girl.

 

They go to a small pub to talk.

“Thanks for coming here with me Sooyoung” Jessica voiced.

“Is Sooyoung the only one here?” Tiffany asks.

“Oh sorry, you too Tiffany”

“What do you girls want? It’s on me” Jessica said again.

“Don’t worry, we’ll pay for ours” Sooyoung let her know.

“You can pay for mine, you’re a rich girl anyway” Tiffany said.

“She’s just joking” Sooyoung laughs seeing as the atmosphere begin to sour “She always makes jokes like that with rich people like us”.

“No I don’t” Tiffany said quietly “Ouch” she got kicked by Sooyoung under their table.

“Anyway” Jessica breaks the silence “What do you guys do exactly?”

“We work in entertainment just like you do” Tiffany says.

“I know but what section? Singing, acting, dancing?”

“Oh, I’m a model and a rookie actress” Sooyoung informs.

“I’m still a trainee but I’ve debuted as a temporary MC for music shows “Tiffany said uncomfortable with Jessica staring and waiting for an answer.

“That’s cool, I guess that means you’re training to be a singer”.

“I heard you’re a singer? Do you like it?” Sooyoung asks

“I do, I’m also a model”

“Hold on you heard? Does that mean you didn’t know who I was either?” Jessica continued.

“You’re right I didn’t at first, even after knowing you”

“Uh, I really do need to work on my popularity. Don’t I?”

“Yeah you do” Tiffany says coldly.

Jessica stares at her “You think it’ll be easy to gain fame and followers when you debut as a singer. It’s very hard not just for me but for the company that promotes me too”.

“You’re pretty so it won’t be that hard and you’ve just started so just wait”

“You’re right, I’m still pretty new on the scene” Jessica sighed.

“What about you Sooyoung, do you like modeling and acting?” Jessica smiled.

“Yeah, I really like modeling but with acting I barely get anything. So far I’ve only gotten cameos”.

“What dramas or movies have you been in?”

“I’ve been in a few dramas, and two movies. I was a cameo in that popular drama “Spring fever”.

“Spring fever? People loved it but I didn’t get to watch the whole thing because I’m too busy”.

“Really? That’s unfortunate”

“Can I ask a question now?” Tiffany waved her hands in front of their faces to interrupt the two that were almost lost in their conversation.

“Where in the U.S. are you from Jessica?”

“I see you’re interested in me. I was born and lived in San Francisco, you?”

“For real? Me too. Are you sure?” Tiffany was surprised.

“I think I would know where I lived, yeah” Jessica smiled at her surprised reaction.

“Do you speak English?”

“Yes I do Miss Tiffany. I’m an American, anymore questions?” Jessica says in English.

“Oh my god, so you are kinda my neighbor “Tiffany replied in English.

“You could say so”.

Fake cough, Sooyoung said “I guess I’m not allowed in this conversation since I don’t speak or understand much English”.

“Sorry Sooyoung-sshi. We didn’t mean to make you feel excluded” Jessica said.

“It’s okay, you’re just two Americans catching up” She smiled.

 

 

The girls decided to go a dance club afterwards. They were standing close to each other but dancing with other clubbers. Tiffany was enjoying dancing with some random stranger, and then somebody got slapped.

“I said don’t touch me like that, why are men around here so sleazy?” Tiffany backed away from him, then he decided to charge towards Tiffany, who’s too scared to move.

Jessica who saw the scene, rushed to get in the middle “Do you want me to call security and get you kicked out?”

“Wanna taste my fist little girl?”

Jessica approached closer to him “You wanna try that again?” and she showed her ID card which said she was part owner.

“Didn’t you see how she slapped me?”

“You were touching her all over the place, and didn’t you liked her slapping you, ert?”

“What? ert?” he got obnoxious.

“Heyy!” she shoved her ID in front of him again “remember if you wanna stay here, behave”

“Screw you b****!” he left angry.

“Hey, you’re welcome” she joked.

 

“Are you okay?” Jessica asks Tiffany.

“Yeah, I’m okay…T-Thank you”

“You’re welcome”

“You’re actually nicer than I thought.”

“You too, you’re less mean than I had imagined”

Tiffany laughs at that remark “I’m sorry if I made it hard for you to be welcomed in this family. It’s just…”

“Just what? You like Siwon. Honestly I would do the same if I were you”

“Hey!” Tiffany elbowed her and signaled to Sooyoung who wasn’t far from them “Careful, what if she heard that?”

“Why don’t you want her to hear it? Does she not know?”

“She doesn’t, I wanna keep it that way”

“Is she always like that with every girl that approaches her brother?” Jessica asks questioning Sooyoung’s possessiveness.

“As far as I know yes but I heard it’s because most of the girls he dated caused problems not just for him but for the whole family.”

“Really? Well now he’s got a great girl. Too bad you couldn’t catch him” at that she turned and left after the sly remark.

“Nappeun yeoja” Tiffany was frustrated after the remark.

 

“Are you having a good time sooyoung?”

“Yes Sooyeon”

“You can call me Jessica”

“What if I’m more comfortable with Sooyeon?”

“I guess that’s okay but only if you let me call you Sooyoungie or Youngie?”

Sooyoung smiled awkwardly and in silence.

“I’m sorry Sooyeon, but we’re not that close yet”

“I know but why don’t we make the effort? It won’t kill you, will it?”

“I guess not” sooyoung smiled but still visibly uncomfortable with Jessica.

“Ige mwoya? You still don’t like me? Why are you so hateful?”

“Why do you care so much whether I like you or not?”

Jessica noticed her sudden coldness “We’re gonna be families, that’s why I care. You don’t have to be so mean about it”.

“I’m not trying to be mean. Why do you try so hard?...I mean it makes it seem so forced and not genuine”.

“It’s no wonder why I have to try so hard, I mean look at you. You’re so y” Jessica sarted getting annoyed.

“See, this is what I mean. That little mean streak of yours, once people disagree with you it comes out”.

“Do we really have to start fighting now Sooyoung? We were having a good time”.

“We can still have a good time if you stop being fake and trying so hard”.

“Ahh” Jessica groans in frustration “You know I really wasn’t going to say this but I really hate girls like you.  In high school, self-righteous b**** like you were what I dealt with. I really know how to handle hypocritical wenches that thinks they can tell people what is right and wrong, acting all superior. Until you discover their dirty laundries”

“Did you bully them? Or worse did you discover their dirty laundries and tell everyone so they can be ostracized? 

Jessica smirked “I see you’ve already figured me out”.

They both stand there having a staring contest with daggers coming out of their eyes.

“Tiffany we’re leaving” angry Sooyoung yells for the other girl to hear.

She pass by Jessica to leave, the latter stops her “Watch out if you don’t want to get on my bad side Sooyoung”.

Sooyoung pushes her off “Watch out if you don’t want this new family to be like hell for you. I will make sure of that”.

“You know it’s me who can ruin your perfect little family, don’t be delusional. I’ve got that in the palm of my hands. By the way why don’t you let girls get close to your brother and your family? Afraid that’ll burst your little family bubble, pop pop” She pushes Sooyoung back “Now get outta my face”.

Sooyoung runs out of the place, overwhelmed with anger and spite. She stops outside to breathe and process everything.

 

“What happened Sooyoung? I saw you run out” Tiffany asks

“Why didn’t you come when I called you? Did you not see what happened?” she chocked on her words because she was so angry.

“Did you fight with somebody? You look so angry”

“Yes Tiffany I’m angry. Why are so clueless? What if something had happened to me?” Sooyoung yelled.

“I’m sorry If I was having a good time and you weren’t” Tiffany yelled back.

“Gosh, I really hate her” Sooyoung face palmed herself.

“Her? Who?... Oh Jessica!”

“I really don’t know why I feel this way about her. I have a bad feeling about her and even if I try to like her and be nice to her, I don’t think it’s possible”.

“Sooyoung calm down, I’m not so fond of her either but she’s not that bad. Weren’t we having a good time with her anyway?”

“I know she seem nice on the surface, but she gets under my skin. It’s all fake, she’s just forcing us to think she’s nice”.

“I know she’s a little rough to take in or maybe a little mean too. Actually, I’m surprised I don’t dislike her as much anymore but we got to know her only a little, so be patient with her”

“Patient? Earlier I was trying to be nice and I thought I could keep it up but I can’t. She’s too fake and I don’t like her”

“It doesn’t matter Sooyoung. Your parents already made the choice for your brother, soon you’re gonna be families”

“I’m getting sick of hearing we’re gonna be families. What if we don’t have to?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean what if she doesn’t become part of my family”

“Sooyoung, what are you thinking about?”

“Nothing, just a little sabotage”

“You are not really gonna try to ruin it, are you?” Tiffany asks surprised.

“Maybe, maybe not”.

“Sooyoung don’t do anything stupid, please!”

“I won’t”

“Sooyoung I didn't tell you this but before anyone else I was the one to really want her to leave but now I see that I really can’t stop it from happening even if I try”.

“Just because you failed doesn’t mean I will”

“Sooyoung I’m begging you not to do anything stupid. Your family will react badly and she might come after you. I don’t want anything bad to happen to you by going after her”

“Don’t worry about me Tiffany”

“Okay, alright…Come on, let’s leave before you blow up” Tiffany walks her to the parking lot.

“Then I wish I could blow up on her”.

Tiffany smacks her laughing “Don’t think like that. You’re just as mean as her”.

“Aren’t you the queen of mean?”

“Do you really wanna see mean?” Tiffany looks at Sooyoung who disapproved “I didn’t think so”.

 

 

 

 

 

Readers,I don't want you to think the characters are too harsh because understand this, they can't love each other right off the bat.In real life when you don't like someone it takes time to see them in a good light and to start getting along with them.So I'm going the same route with the story,or at least I'm trying to.They will get along in the future of the story though.