drama

The betrayals

“Congratulations, we are glad to announce that you Miss Sooyoung are the newly selected model for our brand” that’s the call Sooyoung got one afternoon out of a random day.

“We need you to come in a week from now for your first photo shoot” is what she was told on the phone.

“Umma umma, I got a call back” Sooyoung ran to tell her mom the news.

“You mean for the brand’s audition?”

“Yes, I am their new model” she jumped happily.

“Congrats honey, I am so happy for you”

“Thanks mom” she ran upstairs.

 

“Hey Sull guess what?” Sooyoung barged in her sister’s room.

“What unnie! Don’t you know how to knock?”

“I am going to model for one of the biggest brand in Korea, this could change my life”

“Really? When did you audition?”

“Some days ago”

“Then should I have gone too?” Sulli turned the attention on herself.

“What? You think it’s a joke?”

“Unnie I’m so happy for you really but I have my own problems”

“What problems?” Sooyoung asked to listen reluctantly.

“Taemin avoids talking about what happened”

“Why wouldn’t he? You rejected him not thinking about his feelings. Isn’t it always about you and your feelings?” referring to how the conversation turned to Sulli and her problems instead of her news.

“Unnie…why do you think that I don’t care for other people or their feelings? I’m happy you got your modeling job but please help me out just once more”.

“What is it?”

“I need some way to make up for it, like can I go somewhere with him to have fun?”

“Okay, how about going to karaoke with him? Problem solved, have fun”

“Actually, that’s not bad at all. We can go there and he can ask me to be his girlfriend again, maybe sing it too and we’ll see how it works…thanks unnie”

“What!” Sooyoung couldn’t believe what her sister just said as if everything was a game.

“Thanks unnie, I’ve got stuff to do” Sulli pushed and rushed her sister out of her room.

 

 

 

Sooyoung gets a call one morning while going out, she was about to drive off but she stops to answer the call.

“Good morning Sooyoung, how are you? Haven’t heard from you for some time”

“Morning Jessica. What do you want?”

“Are you still mad about what happened that you can’t even ask me how I’m doing?”

“Well, I’m sure you’re doing just fine with that mouth of yours”

“Come on! You can’t still be mad about something I said when we were arguing”

“If you have nothing to say I’m hanging up”

“Wait…Do you want to hang out today?”

“Jessica I can’t, I have work today”

“Are you just saying that because you don’t want to hang out with me?”

“Of course not. You think you’re the only one with a job? I could easily avoid you if I wanted to”

“Then what about tonight? Are you working tonight too?”

“Maybe, I’ll have to check my schedule” Sooyoung said sensing her sarcasm “Alright, I’m hanging up”

“Hold on, about what I said…It was a really mean thing to say. I was just angry, I’m sorry”

“…. Crickets….”

“Soo..are you still here?”

“Yeah, I’ll see you tonight, bye” she hangs up and drove to her photoshoot set , the only schedule she had for the day.

It was the first photoshoot she had for the brand she was scouted for, when she got on set everything was almost set up for the photo session to start.

“Annyeong haseyo” Sooyoung said to the photographer.

“Thank you for showing up on time. We’ve got make up and stylists ready for you”

 

 

 

   

 

 

The photoshoot set was decorated with beautiful props, the photographer made some last minute lighting and set adjustments while Sooyoung was getting styled and putting on make-up.

She comes out dressed in a beautiful long flowy light blue gown with her long black hair dressed down, teased and a flower garland around her head. She positioned herself in front of the cameras and followed the photographer’s instructions effortlessly. They had many outfits, props and make up changes for many different themes.

After the whole shoot was over with late in the day, the staff cleaned up and started getting ready to pack up.

“I had a great time shooting you today. The shoot we did today was to introduce you as our new model, your pictures will be displayed on our website as a new profile”

“Thank you, I also had a great time working with you. If there is anything I need to work on, I will be pleased to hear it from you”

“Don’t worry anything you need to work on will improve as you go along. You did great for your first time here”

“Thank you very much”

“You will be seeing those pictures edited soon, I will set up a time when we can meet”

“Alright, thank you” Sooyoung was so happy and excited inside about how well everything went and was looking forward to what is to come in the future.

 

 

“You? What are you doing here?”

“Wait, she’s your girlfriend?”

“Yuri, why am I not surprised?” Krystal says standing up from her chair.

“So she’s your girlfriend, huh?” Yuri asks Minho who came along with her at their dinner.

 

“You knew who she was and still hanged out with her” Krystal stormed off after their dinner together.

“So what if she’s your sister’s friend?” Minho followed her.

“She’s not just my sister’s friend, she’s also her co-worker. The person she’s closest to”

“She’s merely a friend, don’t get all insecure”

“Oh, I’m getting Insecure? Did you really think I wouldn’t find out you were dating Yuri?”

“Dating? Are you really gonna be like this? Do you really want me to date her?”

“Seems like you already do” she turned around leaving with hurt written all over her face.

 

 

“Ask me again, ask me again” Sulli said after serenading Taemin at karaoke.

“Ask you what?”

She approached him slowly and hanged her arms around his neck, smiling at him.

“Ask me to be your girlfriend again”

“What?” Taemin asked confused

“I figured I just wasn’t ready when you asked me before so that's why I freaked out..but now I’m ready so ask me again”

“What?” he said again dazed and confused

“Ask me again I said dummy” she hits him

“Ok hold on…I need to process this”

“Hurry up before I change my mind”

“Ok alright…”he took her hands and looked her in the eyes “Do you really wanna be my girlfriend?” he asked her looking for sincerity.

“If I didn’t then why would I tell you to ask me?”

“So that means you do right?”

“Yes I do. I wanna be your girlfriend”

“Thank you baby” he said happily and French kissed her, she was blown away.

“Oh my god” she touched “I didn’t know you could kiss like that”

“There’s a lot more where that came from” he .

“You’re so cute” she laughs hugging him but behind that hug was an unhappy and worried look on her face that anybody would misunderstand.

 

 

 

“You showed up, does that mean my apology was accepted?”Jessica said to Sooyoung who was searching all over the bar for her.

“Maybe” Sooyoung walked up to her “let’s see how well you can entertain me tonight”

“Oh you wanna be entertained, alright” Jessica smirked.

Jessica decided they would play beer pong.

“Ok Let’s play beer pong. If it lands in the other’s cup, we have to drink it. By the end of the game the winner has to do something really crazy. Like let’s see…” Jessica was thinking.

“I know! the winner must kiss the dirtiest looking person in the bar” Sooyoung dared.

“Alright, what are you waiting for?”

They played and Jessica lands the first shot in one of Sooyoung’s cup, when  it was Sooyoung’s turned she missed her first shot and at the end Jessica had already cleared all of Sooyoung’s cup, the girl had to drink all the cups in which the balls landed. Jessica only had to drink two, while Sooyoung had to drink six.

“Okay, since you’re the winner then let me find someone dirty enough for you to make out with” Sooyoung said to Jessica.

She searched in the bar but couldn’t really find anybody dirty enough for Jessica to share a kiss with, then she found an older man and changed her mind to that, she brought him back to Jessica.

“Since I couldn’t find what we dared, then I brought you something even better”

Jessica quickly come up to the ajhussi and pecked him on the lips, without thinking.

“Is that good enough for you?” she asked Sooyoung “Now let’s do another round”

“You call that a kiss Jessica?”

“This time whoever wins shall get the most expensive alcohol in the bar and whoever loses this time get to kiss any stranger in the bar, male or female. What do you say?”

“Okay, alright”

By the second round, Sooyoung wins by the skin of her teeth and Jessica loses by one miss.

“Now get to work Sica”

Jessica gets up and goes straight to the hottest guy she sees in the bar.

“Excuse me, I think there’s something on your lips” she shocked and made out with the hot guy while Sooyoung sat there jaw dropped.

“Yah, you’re really amazing. Why do I have a feeling you lost on purpose?” Sooyoung asked when Jessica returned.

“You should learn a thing or two honey. It’s not my first time playing this, anyway I’ve been eyeing this y a$s guy ever since I came in but now I got to make out with him. He was so happy”

“You’ve done this before? Don’t you ever get slapped or reprimanded for doing this?”

“No, I’m usually careful about who I go up to, it’s a game my friends and I play all the time.There are mostly open minded and young people here but even if they were shocked, once they see this face then their reaction turn out differently”

“Somebody like me would probably get slapped for going up to people like that” Sooyoung laughed.

“I don’t think so” Jessica stare at her “I wouldn’t slap you if you came up to me”

She pulls Sooyoung by the arms “Now let’s get you the winner a drink” she goes to the bar front and puts out her personal card “Charge the most expensive alcohol on this card”

“What are you doing? Were you serious about that?” Sooyoung asks, surprised Jessica was really buying her expensive alcohol.

“Don’t worry about it, I can afford it…and don’t tell your brother I make out with random strangers for fun please”

“I won’t I promise” Sooyoung smiled at her.

The both of them sat at the bar drinking, but Sooyoung was the drunkest one having gulped down so much alcohol.

 

 

 

 

“Hi Tiffany, what brings you here?” Siwon asks Tiffany who’s at the door.

“You’re not gonna let me in?” Tiffany looks at him weirdly.

“Sorry, get in”

“Where’s Sooyoung?” she asks once inside, making her way upstairs.

“She’s not here”

“Where is she?”

“She went out with her friend”

“What friend?”

“Why are you asking me? She’s your best friend”

“I told her I would meet her here so we could go out tonight” Tiffany said in disappointment.

“Well, I guess she forgot”

“No she didn’t, I texted her this morning” Tiffany said angrily.

“Then are you two fighting?”

“Of course we’re not”

“Why are you getting worked up?”

“Who’s this friend she went out with?”

“She didn’t tell me, I didn’t ask”

“Couldn’t she tell you to tell me not to show up since she would be too busy with other people?”

“Are you jealous she’s hanging out with other people?”

“No, I’m not jealous” Tiffany rolls her eyes “We made plans”

“You sound a bit possessive” Siwon .

“I dropped everything to go out with her and she ignored me, not even giving me a call”

Siwon looks at her “You look really angry right now” he teased “Hold on, I’ll go get my jacket and we can go out” he left for a brief moment and came back putting his jacket on.

“Why are you being nice to me all suddenly? You’re never nice to me” Tiffany was curious.

“You seem like you could use some company” he walked out the door.

Tiffany wondered what was wrong with him since he willingly walked out the door to hang out with her.

He decides to take his car, it was silent the whole ride and they went to the Han River.

They walked alongside the river in silence until she decides to speak up.

“It’s kind of weird both of us walking here together like this silently because… you hate me” Tiffany laughed.

“Is that you trying to find out if I don’t hate you?”

“No, I mean I just..I don’t see why”

“How’s training?” he quickly changed the subject.

“Training has been going great, thanks for asking. I’m really busy with that and MCing that I just can’t seem to find time to go out with friends these days. I even missed a blind date that my friend set me up to. I heard the guy was really cute” Tiffany started rambling.

“Who asked you all that?” he said suddenly cold “I only asked about your training”

“I’m sorry” Tiffany said flustered at his sudden coldness.

“Do you wanna go get some coffee?” he asks

“That would be good”

They go to a small coffee shop but when it came time to pay for the coffee Tiffany realized she forgot her wallet.

“Oh crap, I left my wallet on my bed”

“Don’t worry, I’ll pay for it. I’m the one who asked you to come here anyway”

“Thank you Siwon”

They go sit down near the window overlooking the outside.

“By the way, I’ve never asked you how you met my sister before”

“Well, we’ve never sit down and talked before. It’s a long story”

*** Entertain me”

“It was at the female sports club she worked before. Remember when she had really short hair, she dressed so much like a guy all the girls thought she was really a guy including me”

“Yah, who would mistake Sooyoung for a guy? An idiot?” he bluntly said.

“All the women that were there I guess “Tiffany took offense.

“Sorry, was she really that ugly then?”

“I didn’t mean she was ugly, don’t twist my words. A bunch of the women who thought she was a guy, fell for her because she was the only attractive male thing there at the time” Tiffany said reminiscently.

“I’m sorry but did you fall for her too?” Siwon asks after studying her facial expression.

“No no I didn’t” she said blushing.

“That’s not what your face says” Siwon kept staring at her face “It’s almost like you wished she was a guy”

“I would never wish for such a thing”

“So you did like her?”

“What?”

“Then why would you care what she was if you didn’t?”

“I..I” Tiffany was left speechless for a moment “It wasn’t a she to us at the time. It was a he”

“You really are more gullible and naïve than I thought. I could tell from a mile away Sooyoung just had an ugly haircut”

“I wasn’t just the haircut okay…It was everything. Even Sooyoung tried to disguise herself, I guess we women at the sports center needed some guy around we were almost blinded by what we thought was a flower boy”

“Almost?” he laughed

“Stop making fun of us”

“So what happened after you found out she was a girl?”

“I found out first, it was so bad. I caught her changing her clothes, she saw me and asked me not to tell anybody but I’m not the only one who saw her undressing. Someone told all the girls, and she thought it was me. She was mad at me for days and didn’t trust me, I cried so much over her.”

“Why did you cry?”

“Well, imagine you find out your crush was a girl and you were too dumb to tell. I cried because it was embarrassing and hurtful and because we weren’t gonna be together”

“The sad thing was when the girls found out, they all started hating on her, giving her a hard time. Calling her a crook and a liar they even made a…I mean she, that’s why she had to leave the job. It got too hard for her.”

“They even made a what?”

“They called a meeting to ask her why she did that. It was so funny when the head manager said “didn’t you know these ladies were gonna fall for you when you did this?”

“I wonder why she never told me all this?” Siwon wondered, sad that his sister went through this alone.

“I guess she was embarrassed about it too. She needed the job for the money to pay for her trainee fee, she didn’t wanna ask your dad”

“Yeah, her and dad don’t really get along all that well”

“They asked her to quit the job but she didn’t want to because of that. She was gonna get replaced with this new guy at work but but…”

“But what?”

“But the ladies did a voting on who wanted her to stay or go. Thankfully she got some hands raised to have her stay.” Tiffany told a different version of what really happened.

“She told me she left because she didn’t like the job. Why did she leave that job then?”

 “Even with all that, it was still too hard for her to stay so she eventually left. There were some girls who really hated her being there especially that rich spoiled brat called Ji yeun who couldn’t stand her and did everything she could to kick Sooyoung out”

“I really…this is the first time I’m hearing about all this”

“It’s not really something she wants people to know, I only know because I was there to witness it”

“Thanks for telling me,it was good talking to you tonight, shall we head home and see if Sooyoung is back?”

“Alright..I have one thing to ask though”

“Ask away”

“Do you still hate me?”

“Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched” he left.

“So mean” she watched him walk ahead.

 

 

 

 

“Isn’t that Jessica’s car?” Tiffany asks when they arrive at the house’s parking space.

“Yeah I think it is” they saw Jessica get out of her car and pull a knocked out drunk Sooyoung out of the passenger’s seat. She tried to walk towards the door holding Sooyoung, but the latter was too drunk and heavy and they both fell halfway before reaching the door. Sooyoung’s body laid on Jessica’s heavily weighing her down, Jessica tries to push Sooyoung up but she was too weak at the moment to do so.

“Are you two okay?” Siwon and Tiffany rushes to help them.

“Yeah, just..just I’m trying to bring Sooyoung inside and we fell” Jessica could barely speak.

“Are you both drunk?” Siwon asks her.

“Yeah we went out for a few drinks”

“You know that is so irresponsible for both of you to be drunk” he pulls Sooyoung up from the ground.

“I’m not that drunk” Jessica tried to get up and fell on her a second time.

“We can see that” Tiffany tried to help her up.

They bring the drunken girls inside the house, Siwon carried Sooyoung to her room and comes back down.

“What do we do with her?” Tiffany asks concerning Jessica.

“You act like I’m not here” Jessica chimes in with a drunken speech.

“I’ll have to drive her home”

“No don’t worry I can do it” Tiffany tried to talk him out of driving Jessica home.

“Listen to me, wait here with Sooyoung and I’ll drive Jess home” he said to the disappointment of Tiffany. He took Jessica in his arms and left in his car.

Tiffany looked up the stairs, in anger. Not only because Sooyoung didn’t meet up with her but also because she brought Jessica home with her, ruining the nice night she had with Siwon.

“So this is why you couldn’t meet me, because you went out her?” she sat on the bed next to drunk Sooyoung.

“Tell me, is she your new best friend now?” she shook drunk Sooyoung.

“Ha haaaa, stop” Sooyoung screamed “ So what if I dumped you to hang out with someone else tonight..don..don’t you have any friends?”

“Aren’t you my friend?”

Those words hurt Tiffany’s feelings. She sat on Sooyoung’s bed thinking, when she suddenly feels something cold on her leg. The girl next to her jumped up the bed to throw up and she did, next to her leg, and on the floor.

“Ayyyyyyshhh, Sooyoung you’re so disgusting. You threw up on me” she pulled the girl’s head back.

“Sorry, I just don’t feel well”

“Couldn’t you throw up somewhere else, you pig? aissh” Tiffany said and gets up to clean herself and the floor.

 

 

 

 

“Why are you here?” Sooyoung saw Jessica in her parking lot early the next morning.

“I’m here to get my car. Siwon oppa didn’t let me drive last night because I was a bit drunk. By the way, where is he?”

“He went to work..as usual”

“Did you have a good time last night? Did I entertain you well?”

“Maybe too well, we drank too much”

“You did, I didn’t” Jessica’s still in denial mode.

“Then why couldn’t you drive your car last night?”

“It’s just your oppa is overprotective like you”

“Is that a bad thing?” 

“I guess…not” Jessica fakely agreed and got in her car.

 

 

“Tiffany, I’m coming up to see you” Sooyoung texted from outside of Tiffany’s entertainment company building.

“Are you outside?”

“Yes, and I’m coming up right now”

 

Sooyoung comes in storming in Tiffany’s trainee room “Why did you tell him?”

“Tell what? To who?”

“You told oppa about what happened at my old job at the sports club. He even asked me why I didn’t let him know. How could you?”

“I only told him the story, he asked me how we met..”

“I can’t believe you told when I asked you not to”

“It’s not a big deal if your brother knows”

“Oh so because it’s not a big deal and because he asked you how we met, you told him?”

“I get it but you can’t just barge in here, when I’m busy training”

“Did you tell him about the bet too?”

“No, I didn’t”

“You didn’t possibly tell him about..you know” Sooyoung had a horrified look on her face, ready to tear up.

“No of course I didn’t. Why would you think I would?”

“Then you better keep your mouth shut” Sooyoung threatened and raised her voice at Tiffany after getting a scare.

“Sooyoung, do you not trust me?” Tiffany asks

“I don’t know, I don’t put my trust in someone who readily tells my secrets”

“Soo, I didn’t tell him your secrets, you know I wouldn’t. I have kept your secrets for years now”

“Then why were you going to tell him now?”

“Just..to talk to your brother, I mean we’ve never really talked before and he asked me so I was just holding a conversation but I really didn’t tell him about what you’re scared of Sooyoung” Tiffany said in a sad tone.

“Why do you care if my brother talks to you or not? I don’t understand” Sooyoung noticed her sadness.

“I don’t know…you’re my best friend and he is my best friend’s brother so I naturally thought we would get along too but he seemed to hate me until last night  when I came to meet you and you weren't there. It was weird how caring he was last night”

“Why do you look so sad then?” Sooyoung looked at her closely.

“I’m not sad. I need to get back to training, leave!” Tiffany hid her face.

“Why are you hiding your face?” Sooyoung approached.

“Pleasse leave. I need to practice” Tiffany pushes her out of the door.

"You are so weird,,,just like he is" Sooyoung said before walking out the door "Don't slack off"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Check out my other story * Hunter's daughter*.