engagement meetings

The betrayals

                                                                     

 

Both families were more than ecstatic to have their children engaged to be married. It was almost like an assurance for the Jung Company knowing that they wouldn’t be screwed over with by the Choi Company. By now everyone in both families were informed on their engagement and a small dinner was planned for both families.

The day of the dinner, only some members of the two families could show up with the exception of Yunho who was a busy idol singer, Sooyoung who was also busy with a modeling gig, and lastly Sulli who had too much on her hands with her school and business.

The dinner went well, almost as if it was only business. Everyone was serious with only two people at the table taking this less than seriously. Minho and Krystal were instantly attracted to each other, but because this was someone else’s engagement dinner and with their parents present, all they could do is flirt around and eyed each other. The two of them with the parents were without a doubt the ones who enjoyed that dinner.

 

Because Siwon and Jessica needed to know each other better they had went on a few dates together.

One evening, they went out to a restaurant to eat. They chat, and were both surprisingly nice and cordial to each other.

“I guess if you look hard at it, it’s not so bad that our families are uniting” Siwon says.

“I guess. It’s very nice being here getting to know each other, you seem like a nice guy. Better than some others my parents tried to set me up with before” Jessica told him.

“Ahh, so they do that to you too. My parents used to persuade me but haven’t been doing so lately until now. I guess they really needed us this time”.

“It’s so hard having to live up to their expectations”Jessica complained.

“Tell me about it” Siwon scoffed.

They spent the rest of the evening chatting some more, and got along great.

 

After both of them had gotten used to each other in this short time, the families felt like it was time to let everyone else know. They decided to throw an engagement party with friends and more families to let the public know of their children being engaged.

 

The night before the party, Sooyoung knocked on Siwon’s door.

“Come in”

He was near his closet looking for clothes when she entered.

“Hi oppa. What are you doing?” she walked in.

“Oh Sooyoungie. I’m getting ready for tomorrow’s party. What’s going on?”

“Nothing…Just-t” she sits on his bed.

“Just what? Are you trying to say something?”

“I just wanna ask…Are you really happy with all of this?” She says looking up at him.

“Well, it’s not really about being happy. I’m just doing what I have to do, besides they’re a nice family”.

“Still, don’t you have any objections? Do you have to do everything mom and dad ask of you?”

“That’s not it Sooyoung. You wouldn’t really understand but I’m happy with the decision and the girl is nice enough”he says.

“Well, I don’t believe you”.

He look at her smiling” Don’t worry oppa will be fine. Just be there for me tomorrow and make yourself really pretty” he asks her.

“Okay I won’t worry too much but if that girl messes with you,she’s gonna have to deal with me”.

“Haha, you’re already on fighting mode. Don’t be like that, I told you she’s nice, be nice in return”.

“Okay oppa. I’ll try, but I make no promises”, she then left.