Chapter 1

Strictly Yours

Yuri slammed the door of her shabby apartment and dropped her groceries on the floor. She was so tired she felt her body was going to give out at any moment. As she sat on her couch she heard a noise come from her kitchen.

 

“Oh no…” she whispered, knowing who might have snuck in.

 

She tried to be as quiet as possible and sneak back out again but before she could reach the door she was yanked back by her hair.

 

“Where are you going sweetheart?”  

 

“Ouch! Damn it! Let go of me!” She was yanked once again and thrown down on the floor.

 

“What the hell is this?” Taecyeon held up the bags of groceries Yuri had brought.

 

“What does it look like to you ?”

 

Taecyeon shoved his face into Yuri’s, who was still on the floor. “Don’t mock me . Where’s our money?”

 

“Here.” Yuri dug into her pocket and slammed the rest of her paycheck into Taecyeon’s partner, Junho’s, hand.

 

“This is it?” Junho questioned at the mediocre amount on his hand.

 

“Oh I’m sorry, is taking all my money not enough for you? Would you like me to wipe your as well?”

 

SLAP.

 

Junho’s hand had swung through the air so fast Yuri had no chance to react. “Don’t speak to me like that.”

 

Taecyeon pulled Yuri up by her hair and whispered to her, “Next time, don’t waste our money on useless things.”

 

He threw her down again and both men made their way out. Yuri wasn’t going to let them have the last word. She never did; so she ran to her door and yelled out. “I will feed myself whenever I want! Its hard to pay you back if I’m dead, moron!”

 

She slammed her door and numbly went about picking up her trashed living room. After cleaning up Yuri went into her room and closed off all her windows and her door. She made sure she was completely alone before taking out a wad of cash from her bra and putting it away under a floorboard beneath her bed.

 

She smiled at her saving. “Someday I’ll disappear too…”

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

Yoona hummed happily as she packed up all the things in her room. It was a matter of time before hear parents assigned her a guardian and by them she would be ready to bounce out of here.

 

“Knock knock!” Yoona turned to her door to see her dear friends Tiffany and Sunny. The girls’ parents work for Yoona’s so they had all been forced to be together throughout their childhood. Now they were inseparable.

 

“Hey girls!” Yoona put down the box she was carrying and hugged her friends. They made themselves comfortable on her bed and watched her get back to work. “You guys aren’t going to help me?”

 

Tiffany and Sunny looked at each other before shaking their heads and laughing. “You wanted to be independent, so you can do it on your own”

 

“Yeah Yoona, we’re teaching you a valuable lesson here.” Yoona stuck her tongue out at Sunny who returned the favor before they all erupted into laughter.

 

“Sheesh, you guys are so lazy!”

 

“You know what I will help you get though, some snacks!” Tiffany winked at Yoona and Sunny cheered at the prospect of food.

 

“Alright Alright. Lets go into the kitchen, I could use a break.”

 

The girls chatted animatedly about all the things Yoona should have in her house before they got to the kitchen. They were in the middle of picking where Yoona should move when Mrs. Im came running into the kitchen.

 

“Baby! Baby!”  She was all excited and jumping.

 

“Yeah mom?”

 

“Oh. Not you baby, my other baby. Where’s your father?” Yoona gave her mom a disgusted look and Tiffany and Sunny laughed at Mrs. Im.

 

“Ew. He’s in his study I think.”

 

“Oh okay. Thanks. Hi girls!” Mrs. Im waved happily to Tiffany and Sunny, who waved back with just as muh enthusiasm.

 

“Hi Mrs. Im!”

 

“How many times have I told you guys to call me mom! You’re practically family. Anyway, I’ve gotta go.” Mrs. Im kissed her daughter’s cheek before running out of the kitchen and towards the study. “Baby! Baby!”

 

Yoona looked in the direction her mother ran off to and sighed. “I think she’s finally lost it…”

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

“Baby! Baby!” Mr. Im’s study door swung open and his wife all but skipped in.

 

“Honey, are you alright?” Mr. Im stood from his chair and eyed his strange wife worriedly.

 

“Baby! I’ve got it! I know who’s going to take care of Yoona from now on!”

 

“Who?”

 

“Does the name Kwon Yuri ring a bell?” Mrs. Im smiled mischievously as she saw her husband’s eyes twinkle in recognition.

 

“You want to put the life of our baby in her hands?!” Mr. Im’s eyes almost popped out of his head at the random choice. He looked at his wife with furrowed eyebrows and continued, “Plus, I doubt she would do it anyway.”

 

Mrs. Im went up to her husband and rubbed his back tenderly, “Oh baby, I have the perfect plan!”

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

Jessica picked up her cell phone and dialed in a number quickly. “Hello boss. I’ve got the information you wanted on Kwon Yuri. You’ll be pleased with what I’ve got for you…Yes… Alright, right away sir.”

 

Jessica faxed Yuri’s file out after hanging up the phone. “Well Ms. Kwon, I hope you know what you’ve gotten yourself into…”

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

Taeyeon knocked lightly on Yuri’s door. She knew the girl worked her off and so if she was resting she didn’t want to wake her. She heard ruffling behind the door before it was opened.

 

Taeyeon held out a plate towards Yuri. “I brought you dinner.”

 

Yuri smiled and pulled Taeyeon into a hug after taking the plate. “Thanks Taeng.”

 

“Yuri! Did they come to harass you again?!”

 

“No Taeng…”

 

Taeyeon eyed her with pity and walked into her kitchen. She put a couple of ice cubes in a napkin and pressed them against Yuri’s cheek. “You have a bruise.”

 

Yuri sighed and grabbed a hold on the napkin. “Im sorry.”

 

Taeyeon smiled at her and patted her back. “You probably told them off didn’t you… You’re such a brave girl Yul!”

 

Yuri smiled gratefully at her. Although Taeyeon liked to scold Yuri constantly, when she needed it Taeng knew how to make her feel better.

 

“I love you, you know that right munchkin?”

 

Taeyeon laughed and continued to pat Yuri’s back. “I love you too, just not when you call me munchkin!”

 

“By the way, why are you here Taeng?” Yuri asked as she offered the girl something to drink.

 

“I don’t do beer Yul, thanks though.” Taeyeon politely declined. “I’m here because I was worried…”

 

“Thanks caring but that’s not all is it?”

 

“No…” Taeyeon looked at Yuri with a confused expression. “I got a strange call about half an hour ago…”

 

“And?”

 

“It was for you…”