Chapter 19

Strictly Yours

“Yoona!” Yuri yelled out to her as she walked away. She watched Yoona walk to the car before she ran to her. “Yoona!!”

 

“Yuri, it’ll only be for an hour or so! Why can’t you just trust me?” Yoona was pouting which really threw Yuri off her game. Yuri was about to give Yoona a piece of her mind for casually throwing her out of the car earlier. However the face Yoona was pulling right now made it impossible for her to yell.

 

“Ugh… fine! Go! But if you’re not back in two hours I’m going to march in there and make a scene!” Yuri sighed as Yoona jumped up and down happily.

 

“I promise I’ll be back in a jiffy okay!” Yoona hugged Yuri abruptly. The older girl was taken aback by Yoona’s affection and didn’t know how to respond.

 

Yoona on the other hand was silently patting herself on the back for finally having the courage to make her move. She let go of Yuri and smiled. “Have fun with Taeyeon. The presentation will be quick and I’ll meet you right back here.”

 

Without even giving Yuri a chance to respond Yoona jumped into her car and sped off. She sat back and let out the breath she had been holding. Yoona chuckled as she remembered the look on Yuri’s face when she told her she wanted to see her father alone. Yuri had immediately said no and left Yoona no choice but to push her out of the car in front of the Talk Talk Café.

 

 Back at the café Yuri walked up to the counter and waited patiently as she watched Taeyeon busily arrange and rearrange the supplies on the wall behind her.

 

Taeyeon had been lost in her own world all morning and had it not been for caring for her business she would have just sat and moped the entire day.

 

“Taeng?” Taeyeon dropped the cup in her hand at the sound of Yuri’s voice. At the shatter of glass Yuri immediately jumped behind the counter and stopped a dazed Taeyeon from trying to clean up the mess with her bare hands.

 

Yuri looked at the shorter girl questioningly but all Taeyeon did was sigh sadly and crawl to a corner. She sat there looking down and Yuri instantly knew she was falling again. “No Taeng…. Not again…”

 

Yuri felt her heart break as she remembered Taeyeon after her brother disappeared. After the loan sharks destroyed Yuri’s home Taeyeon began to take care of the traumatized girl. It was only a matter of weeks, thanks to Taeyeon’s constant love and support, before Yuri was able to get back on her feet again. However what Yuri hadn’t noticed was that Taeyeon had been battling with a serious case of depression during that time.

 

Taeyeon had been able to keep her emotions in check while taking care of Yuri, but once Yuri moved out and began to take care of herself Taeyeon began to fall into the abyss of her own mind. Before they knew it Taeyeon had hit rock bottom and she had no one but Yuri, a girl who was very much broken herself. It wasn’t until Yuri helped Taeyeon obtain a small, rundown café that Taeyeon once again had a purpose. As time passed Taeyeon returned to the way she was. Yuri, however, was never her carefree simpleminded self again.

 

“Yuri…” Taeyeon looked up with confusion. “Am I really that easy to throw away?”

 

Yuri rushed to Taeyeon’s side and hugged her tightly. “NO! You are not expandable!”

 

“I gave up everything for him… I fought with my family when they didn’t approve of him. They never spoke to me again… for him.”

 

“…” Yuri didn’t know what to say. She would forever be angry at her brother for what he’s done, but Taeyeon willingly left her whole life behind for him and he just abandoned her.

 

“So why did he leave me behind… why do people think its okay to just leave?”

 

“Taeng…”

 

“I-I have feelings too…” Taeyeon broke out of Yuri’s hug and faced her with teary eyes, her voice breaking as she spoke her next words. “You won’t leave me… right?”

 

It was the saddest thing Yuri had ever seen. Taeyeon was hanging on by a thread again and Yuri was the only one who could pull her back. She had done it before and Yuri wouldn’t hesitate to help Taeyeon once again. “Kim Taeyeon. There is no force on this earth that will EVER cause me to abandon you! You are the only person I love and trust.”

 

“…” Taeyeon smiled sadly as tears fell down her face.

 

“Taeng… you’re my only family…” Yuri pulled Taeyeon back into a hug and this time the latter wrapped her arms around her as well.

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

 

“It was my pleasure to be of assistance Mr. Hwang.” Jessica slightly bowed as she walked out of his office quietly. It took all her strength to not scowl at the man as he spoke to her.

 

“Remember Jessica, if anyone asks she’s on a retreat.” Mr. Hwang said before she could walk out.

 

“Yes sir.” She walked away from his office and towards her car. She sighed when she reached the lobby.

 

Jessica was in a rather bad mood after what had happened the last few days and so she had asked Mr. Im if she could have a couple of days off. Her life had gotten much more complicated than she had hoped and she needed a break.

 

On her way out she saw Yoona walking happily into the company. “Hey Jessica!”

 

“Yes Ms. Im?” Jessica groaned internally as yet another person stopped her from going home. First it had been Mr. Im, then Mr. Hwang, and now Yoona.

 

“Have you seen Tiffany? I’ve been trying to call her for days now.”

 

“She’s in a retreat.” Jessica secretly cringed at how easy it had become to lie after she started working in the company.

 

“Oh! When will she be back?”

 

“I don’t know Miss.” Jessica was about to say goodbye but remembered something. “Ms. Im could you do me a favor?”

 

This was a first for Yoona. For all Jessica and her weren’t necessarily close so Jessica asking her for a favor was monumental. Yoona responded a little too enthusiastically, “Sure!”

 

“Umm… could you please thank Yuri for me?” Jessica looked a bit shy which was also new for Yoona. At the mention of Yuri’s name Yoona suddenly got suspicious.

 

“Yuri? Why?” Yoona raised an eyebrow.

 

Jessica wasn’t used to thanking people for their help since she normally never required it. “Yes.. Just let her know that thanks to her I found what I was looking for… Goodbye Ms. Im!”

 

Yoona watched Jessica walk away as she felt a wave of annoyance course through her. “What’s that supposed to mean?!”

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

Taeyeon sighed as she poured two cups of her famous caramel coffee. She grabbed the drinks and walked over to the booth where Yuri was waiting for her.

 

“Here you go.” After her breakdown, Taeyeon closed the café. “I’m sorry about earlier…”

 

“Don’t worry about a thing munchkin! That’s what I’m here for!” Yuri laughed when she saw Taeyeon scowl at the nickname.

 

“So what’s been going on with you? Where’s your master?”

 

“My master?” Yuri looked at Taeyeon with a confused expression before she took a sip of her coffee.

 

“Yeah. Don’t you get paid to follow Yoona around like a puppy?”

 

“Taeng!” Yuri smacked Taeyeon’s arm as the older girl laughed at her own joke. “Yoona’s in a business meeting…”

 

“What? You’re not invited to those or something?”

 

“Nah she just insisted that I hang out with you today… it’s a bit strange actually. It almost seemed like she didn’t want me to meet her dad.”

 

“Huh?” Taeyeon drank her coffee as she watched Yuri talk.

 

“Yeah but whatever. I’d much rather be here with you than some stuffy old man in a business meeting.”

 

“Amen to that!” Taeyeon raised her cup, as did Yuri, before they began to laugh. “So…..”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Have you guys done it yet?” Taeyeon abruptly asked nonchalantly making Yuri almost choke on her coffee.

 

“What?!”

 

“You know, have you two had se-“

 

“I know what you meant!” Yuri exclaimed. “Why would you ask that?”

 

“Well you haven’t gotten laid in so long and now you’re living with this beautiful girl so I thought maybe your urges would have kicked in and you’d just ravage her or something.” Yuri looked at Taeyeon as though she was insane. “Plus I wanted all the details!”

 

“Y-you are such a ing ert!” Taeyeon burst into laughter and although Yuri was really uncomfortable with the topic she was happy to hear Taeyeon’s peculiar laugh once again.

 

“Hey don’t judge me! It’s been a while since mama’s been with another person and I’ve forgotten what it’s like that’s all.” Taeyeon winked at Yuri which earned her another disgusted look. Over the years Yuri had gotten somewhat used to Taeyeon’s humor. The older girl liked to make people uncomfortable and was quite successful at doing so.

 

“Please don’t refer to yourself as ‘mama’ ever again… and if you want to know so much why don’t you get laid!”

 

“Are you volunteering Yul?” Taeyeon tried to hold in her laughter when she saw the look on Yuri’s face.

 

“Um… Hello?” Yuri and Taeyeon stopped when they hear a voice.

 

“Yoona!” Yuri stood abruptly as did Taeyeon. Yuri’s face blushed when she realized Yoona had probably just seen Taeyeon caress her while saying some rather inappropriate things.   

 

“A-am I interrupting something?” Yoona felt the same annoyance as she had earlier.

 

“No! Yoona come right in! Do you want anything?” Taeyeon gave the girl a small hug before going behind the counter.

 

“I’m just here to pick Yuri up… but if you guys are busy I can come back later…”

 

Taeyeon laughed when she saw the glare Yuri was giving her. This whole awkward situation was her fault after all. “No sweetheart, don’t worry. Yuri and I are just wrapping things up.”

 

“Taeyeon was just teasing…” Yuri walked up to Yoona’s side. She was in fact a bit embarrassed and accidently blurted out her next words without a second thought. “Kinda like I do to you!”

 

“Oh really?” Taeyeon asked with a smirk on her face. Yoona felt herself blush and so she walked quickly to the counter.

 

“Taeyeon is it okay if I buy some sweets before we leave?” Yoona asked, changing the topic.

 

“Sure thing what would you like?” While Yoona pointed out what she wanted Yuri stood back and wondered why she even felt the need to explain in the first place.

 

“Yuri!” When she snapped out of her thought she saw Yoona with a bag in her hands and Taeyeon standing beside her.

 

“Oh, you guys finished?” Yuri asked stupidly.

 

“Yeah I was just asking Taeyeon if she wanted to come with us to celebrate!” Yoona beamed at them before taking in Yuri’s confusion. “Where you not paying attention? My dad’s going to fund my project! You’re looking at the founder of the Innisfree Cosmetic Products!”

 

“Oh! Congratulations Yoona!” Yuri exclaimed as Yoona clapped her hands in excitement.

 

“I would love to Yoona but I have a birthday party I’m catering and I need to come up with the concept art for the desserts.” Taeyeon smiled at her.

 

“Maybe next time then! We’ve got to go now, Bye Taeyeon! Thanks for the yummy treats.” Yoona held up the bag before giving Taeyeon a goodbye hug.

 

“Bye Taeng.” Yuri hugged her tightly. “Remember if you need me I’m always right here.”

 

“I know.” Taeyeon smiled thankfully as she let go of Yuri. “Thanks for coming guys! Have a safe trip! Don’t get too drunk! Make good choices! One night stands ruin relationships! No glove no love!”

 

“Goddammit…” Yuri said under her breath as Yoona laughed next to her. “We get it Taeng! Bye!” Yuri pulled Yoona with her as they walked away from Taeyeon’s laughter.

 

Once they were in the car Yoona the radio. She needed background music because car rides with Yuri were usually much too quiet to her liking.

 

“So… I ran into Jessica today.”

 

“How is she?” Yuri asked absentmindedly as she focused on the road.

 

“She’s fine. She asked me to tell you that she found what she was looking for and to thank you…”

 

“That’s great!” Yuri felt relieved to know Tiffany wasn’t missing anymore but by how vaguely Jessica phrased it, Yuri knew she wasn’t supposed to say anything about it.

 

“So… what does she mean by that?”

 

“Nothing really…” Yuri shrugged.

 

“It didn’t sound like nothing. She was very grateful.”

 

“I just helped her out with something.”

 

“What was that?” Yoona’s voice sounded irritated and although she tried to hide it Yuri noticed.

 

“Why does it matter?” Yuri asked questioningly and turned to Yoona.

 

“I-it doesn’t! I was just curious that’s all!”

 

“Well it sounds like you’re jealous to me.” Yuri smirked when she heard Yoona scoff.

 

“Whatever… Just watch the road! I want to celebrate tonight…”