Chapter 3

Strictly Yours

 

“We meet again Kwon Yuri.” 

 

“! Oh my god!” Yuri put her hand over her heart and took a deep breath. She looked at the lady and young girl seated on her couch. After calming down she looked at Mrs. Im and said, “Excuse my language Mrs. Im, you scared me…”

 

Mrs. Im smiled brightly at her and stood up. “Don’t worry darling! I’m just glad you remember me!”

 

“Ma’am we met yesterday, of course I remember you.”

 

“Oh dear! Call me mom!” As Mrs. Im pulled her into a hug Yuri saw the beautiful girl there roll her eyes. “Now come and sit because I have a lot to tell you.”

 

“Ma’am, I don’t want to be rude but how did you get into my house?” Yuri was wondering how everyone was just able to get into her house. She was in dire need of a lock change.

 

“Oh honey, I had Jessica here pick your lock. I hope that’s okay. Anyway, come come I’ve got lots to say but so little time!”

 

Yuri looked at Mrs. Im as if she was insane and all Jessica could do was shrug. Yuri sat down across from the two and listened intently.

 

“Alright. Well, I know you’re out of a job sweetheart. I also know you are in dire need of money, what with all that debt you’ve got to pay. So i-“

 

“How do you know that?” Yuri interrupted a bit scared of how this woman was. She spoke of Yuri’s life as if it was her own and broke into her house like it wasn’t illegal.

 

“I may or may not have made a few calls. I’m sorry about your job dear but I have an offer that you just can’t refuse!”

 

“I lost my job because of you!?”

 

“Oh honey, relax and listen.” Mrs. Im’s smile had not faltered. She figured Yuri would be mad but she couldn’t take any chances.

 

“What do you mean relax! As you so clearly know I have a debt to pay! How can I do that without my job!?” Yuri wasn’t one to raise her voice to elders but this was crossing the line. Mrs. Im was ruining her plans completely.

 

“Hey! Watch how you speak to her!” Jessica voiced harshly.

 

Yuri looked at Jessica with just as much force. “She made me get fired and broke into my house!”

 

Surprisingly Jessica looked at Yuri rather pleased and turned to Mrs. Im. “I like her.”

 

“Right! She’s perfect!” Yuri was dumbfounded at how easily they disregarded her anger.

 

“Anyway dear, I have come to offer you a job.”

 

“I wouldn’t need a job if you hadn’t made me lose mine.”

 

Mrs. Im laughed and continued. “I meant I came to offer you a GOOD job. I want you to take care of my daughter Yoona.”

 

“You want me to babysit your daughter!?”

 

“No no, not babysit. More like adultsit.”

 

“Oh you’ve got to be kidding me…”

 

“Listen dear.” Mrs. Im suddenly turned serious. “I need someone to care for my baby. In my husband’s business there are a lot of people that would jump at a chance to hurt her. I can’t let that happen. But I also can’t stop her from growing up can i…”

 

“…”

 

“My husband and I agreed that we’d let her move out if she would allow us to assign her a guardian. We also agreed that whoever this person is has to be someone Yoona can get along with, someone age appropriate.” Mrs. Im moved closer to Yuri and held her hands. “When you helped me yesterday I knew you’d be perfect for the job!”

 

“M-ma’am I’m flattered, really… but you can’t just trust me with your daughter just like that.”

 

“Oh but honey, it’s not really trust. You’ll have no choice but to care for my baby.”

 

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows. It almost sounded like a threat. “And why is that?”

 

“Because I can make your debts disappear.”

 

“How?” Mrs. Im smirked at Yuri’s sudden interest.

 

“My husband and I are very influential people. I can make that debt be gone at the snap of my fingers. Granted you accept my offer and take care of my baby.”

 

“Who are you?” Yuri took her hand away from Mrs. Im.

 

“I’m the answer to your prayers! You want to be debt free? Done! So long as you take care of my baby with your life.”

 

“…”

 

“The threats, the harassment, the cruelty. It will all be gone Yuri. All you have to do is your job. You’ll live with Yoona in a great house. Your refrigerator will never be empty and you’ll always have a place to sleep. I know about the months you spent homeless…” Yuri looked down, remembering those times. “It will never happen again. Even after we don’t need you anymore, you’ll be provided for. This isn’t just a job offer. It’s a life plan Yuri.”

 

“How do I know you’ll keep your word?” At that Jessica instantly took out a contract.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Im always have contracts for business deals like this. It states everything she has just offered you. You should read it over before you sign it.”

 

“Yuri, This is Jessica and she’ll be your go to person for everything you need okay.”

 

Yuri forced a smile at Jessica who gave her a quick head nod.

 

“So what do you say darling… do you accept?” Mrs. Im stuck her hand out to Yuri.

 

With a sigh, Yuri nodded her head and shook Mrs. Im’s hand. “Yes. I-I accept your offer.”

 

Mrs. Im squealed, startling both Yuri and Jessica. “Alright then let’s go!”

 

“Go where?”

 

Mrs. Im stood up happily and grabbed Yuri’s hand, pulling her towards the door. “We’re going to meet Yoona and my husband of course! Come along Jessica!”

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

   

Yuri was completely astonished at the Im residence. It was beyond her why their little brat would want to move out. She walked alongside Jessica, far behind the skipping Mrs. Im.

 

“Hey…umm… Jessica?”

 

Jessica looked to the side and faced Yuri. “Yes?”

 

“I-I know we don’t know each other and all but you’re the only…” Yuri looked at Mrs. Im for a quick second before turning back to Jessica, “…sane person around and I just need someone to tell me that I’m doing the right thing… Am I?”

 

Jessica looked at Yuri and her cold face changed into one of sympathy. Jessica knew exactly what Yuri was going through. She too had questioned herself before entering the crazy world that the Ims had created. She also felt a little concerned for Yuri, as she reminded her so much of her younger sister Krystal.

 

“Listen Ms. Kwon, I know this all seems like too much. Believe me I know the Ims are…” Jessica took looked at where Mrs. Im had disappeared to gather the family, “…a bit overwhelming. But think of the life you’ve been living for the past couple of years. From what I know about you I can tell you’ve wanted it to be over more than anything and now you’ve been given the chance. Isn’t it worth taking?”

 

Yuri looked at Jessica and pulled her into a hug. “Thank you. That’s exactly what I needed to hear.”

 

“HEY! Don’t touch my Jessi!!” A voice shouted, startling them both. Yuri and Jessica instantly separated and turned to the owner of the voice.

 

Tiffany had skipped down after the news that Jessica was here, leaving the rest of the group behind. She moved swiftly towards Jessica, bumping roughly into Yuri on the way. Tiffany threw her arms around Jessica as soon as she got the chance. She proceeded to glaring at Yuri.

 

“Why were you hugging my girl!?”

 

“Ms. Hwang please!” Jessica untangled herself from Tiffany and stepped away.

 

“But Jessi~” Tiffany whined and pouted. At this Yuri chuckled and pinched Tiffany’s cheeks.

 

“Aww! You’re cute.” Yuri smirked at Tiffany who was now blushing. As the flustered Tiffany tried to thank her for the compliment, Yuri noticed Jessica glare at her. This made Yuri raise an eyebrow at Jessica but the girl just glared and looked away.

 

“Yuri!” Mrs. Im’s sing song voice could be heard throughout the room. Yuri turned around to where she was and was greeted by a grinning Mrs. Im. As she slid to the side Yuri noticed a girl behind her. “Yuri, this is my baby girl Yoona.”

 

“Hi…”