Chapter 6

Strictly Yours

 

 

Yoona arrived at her home with a small smile on her face. She couldn’t believe she had finally been able to go to the Talk Talk Café and even got to meet the creator of her favorite treats in the world.

 

She made a mental note to thank Sunny for introducing her to the place as she opened the front door. However before she could even open the door Jessica came bursting through.

 

“Sorry Ms. Im.” She mumbled as she sped off to her car. Yoona looked back to the house and saw Tiffany standing there with an angry look on her face.

 

“Tiffany what hap-“ Before Yoona could even continue Tiffany dashed out of the front door and watched as Jessica looked for her car keys.

 

“Please…come on…” Tiffany whispered to herself watching as Jessica finally found her keys. Jessica looked back at Tiffany before getting into her car and speeding off.

 

“I’M RIGHT!” Tiffany looked back at Yoona and smiled.

 

“What the just happened…” Yoona was staring at Tiffany. It seemed that her one sided love had finally broke her, she had gone mad.

 

“I confessed my feeling to Jessica…”

 

“Like it wasn’t obvious already… what did she say?” Yoona felt somewhat sorry for Jessica. Tiffany was a very persistent person and wouldn’t stop until she got what she wanted.

 

“Well she rejected me of course.” Tiffany said it like it was the most obvious thing in the world which freaked Yoona out a little.

 

“Then why are you so happy?”

 

Tiffany laughed and pushed Yoona into the house. “Because now she knows my feelings aren’t a joke and she wants me!”

 

“She said that!?” Yoona exclaimed as she placed the bags of pastries she was carrying on the counter.

 

“Of course not!” Tiffany looked through the bag excitedly looking for her favorite treat. “Jessica isn’t the type to actually say things like that.”

 

“Tiffany…” Yoona sighed and looked at her best friend. “Jessica rejected you… why do you keep giving yourself false hope? She’s said it over and over again that you should leave her alone.”

 

“Yoona.” Yoona’s face snapped up at Tiffany’s suddenly serious tone. “Mouths lie better than hearts do. You need to look past the words. They might be slight but Jessica does things that give me hope. She always says I should leave her alone but never that she wants me to. That word should means there’s something keeping her from me… I’m going to figure out what that is.”   

 

“…”

 

Tiffany smirked at Yoona’s loss of words. “I’m not giving up.”

 

“You need help Tiffany…” The girls burst into laughter. “Like professional help! You’re delusional…”

 

Tiffany gave her best friend the brightest smile she could muster up. “You know what I really need…”

 

“What?” Yoona rolled her eyes as Tiffany started to twirl around the kitchen.

 

“Jessica in my pants~!” Tiffany sang and twirled. “Jessi in my pant~ in my pant~ in my pant~!”

 

“What the hell?”

 

Tiffany instantly stopped cold and Yoona’s laughter halted. The girls turned to the kitchen door with sheepish looks.

 

“You guys are so goddamn weird! Why are we friends?” Sunny shook her head and went straight to the pastries as a new wave of laughter erupted in the kitchen.

 

“Hey, Sunny!” Yoona exclaimed after calming down from the laughing. “I went to Talk Talk! It’s even better than you described!”

 

“Right!” Sunny brightened up in an instant. “And from the looks of it you bought the whole shop!”

 

“Actually it was a gift from the owner!” Both Sunny and Tiffany gave Yoona a skeptical look. “What? Yuri is close with the owner, Taeyeon. She gave me these as a gift to celebrate Yuri’s new job…”

 

“Awwww” A chorus of cooing begun as Tiffany pinched Yoona’s cheeks and Sunny wiggled her eyebrows.

 

“What?!” Yoona slapped away Tiffany’s hands.

 

“It’s nice to know you had a good date with your girlfriend Yuri.” Sunny laughed.

 

“Yeah. You know I only have eyes for my Jessi but Yuri is one fine piece of Yoong.” Tiffany stated matter-of-factly. “Good job.”

 

Yoona scowled. “You guys are crazy. My taste is refined. Why would I like Yuri?”

 

Both of her friends shrugged their shoulders and grabbed many snacks. As they headed to the living room to watch a movie Yoona heard Tiffany say, “Could’ve fooled me. Actions over words Yoong.”

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

“So what do you think?”

 

Yuri sat across from Taeyeon in her closed shop. The two were in one of the booths with cups of coffee and a large contract. Yuri looked at Taeyeon expectantly as the shorter girl read the contract thoroughly.

 

“Wow.” Taeyeon put down the contract and took a sip of her coffee. “This is an amazing opportunity.”

 

“You think so?” Yuri looked at Taeyeon with a worried expression.

 

“Of course!” Taeyeon grabbed Yuri’s hands tightly. “You’ve got a good thing going! You’ll be free of debt and harassment from those gangsters!”

 

“But what if I can’t babysit Yoona the way her parents want me to…”

 

“Yuri! You’re just escorting her from place to place. How much trouble can one little rich girl be? She’s not a baby. It’s not like you’re going to be feeding and changing her.”

 

“I know…”

 

“Unless you know, you’re into that sort of thing. I don’t judge.” Taeyeon started to laugh as Yuri’s face morphed into one of disgust.

 

“Of course you would… Byuntaeng!” Yuri shook her head and chuckled as Taeyeon’s particular laugh filled the shop.

 

“You know me!” Taeyeon shrugged and smiled.

 

“You’re sick…” Yuri started to remember all the times Taeyeon had drawn her diagrams of things she wished she never knew.

 

“You’re just cranky since you haven’t gotten laid in years.”

 

“Hey! Neither have you!” Yuri felt offended at the mention of her dead life.

 

“But I keep myself happy, you know.” Taeyeon couldn’t hold in her laughter at the look on Yuri’s face.

 

“That is way more than I needed to know! Ugh, you’re disgusting!”

 

Taeyeon started to tear from laughter. As she wiped her tears she decided to tease Yuri further. “Seriously Yul, considering how you look I can’t believe how squeamish you are at the thought of these things.”

 

“Oh god, please stop! Wait, what do you mean considering how I look?!”

 

“Well… you know… you look…” Taeyeon gestured to all of Yuri. “Like you get tons of action…”

 

Yuri had a bewildered look on her face at Taeyeon’s comment. “Are you saying I look like a ?!”

 

“You said it not me…” Taeyeon began to laugh once again as Yuri tried to hit her.

 

“Kim Taeyeon!”

 

“Hahahaha! Do you need more coffee? Hehehehe I think you do!” Taeyeon quickly disappeared into the kitchen although her laughter was still audible.

 

Yuri grunted and pouted. As quiet started to seep into the café she began to get lost in thought. She was cherishing the moment. It had been a long while since she was able to be with Taeyeon and not worry about the gangsters seeing them together or having to pay them back.

 

Yuri had always feared that if they noticed her relationship with Taeyeon then they would use her as leverage. It was a chance she didn’t want to take so when this all started she had told Taeyeon they couldn’t see each other anymore. However Taeyeon always stayed without falter or regard of her own safety.

 

This feeling of safety was one Yuri could get used to. Sitting there, she was truly thanking Mrs. Im for entering her life. However, little did she know the turmoil that would lie ahead as she sighed the contact before her.