Chapter 7

Strictly Yours

 

 

“Mommm!” Yoona whined as her mother made herself at home in her new place. A week had passed since she had met Yuri and they hadn’t seen each other since. It frightened Yoona a little to live with someone she didn’t know.

 

Even though her mother had told her that Yuri had accepted the job fully and signed the contract, still Yoona had this twinge of sadness that maybe Yuri wouldn’t show after all. It wasn’t that she wanted to be with Yuri but rather that she needed her in order to be free.

 

Now, Yoona and her mother were patiently awaiting Yuri’s arrival to their new home. Mrs. Im had asked Jessica to fetch Yuri but Yuri had insisted she drive up herself, which instilled the same fear as her daughter of being stood up in the older woman as well.

 

All these doubts soon evaporated at the sound of a motorcycle being parked outside. Although the house wasn’t as big as her parent’s house, Yoona knew it was easy to spot from afar. She had three bedrooms and 3 and a half bathrooms. There was a large state of the art kitchen as well as a living room, a dining room, a TV room, a gym, and a pool.

 

Yoona’s parents had had her stuff brought from home and organized by their maids. They offered Yoona some maids of her own but she insisted she wanted to learn to be independent; this meant not having others do the duties you should do. However they did compromise on having a house cleaner come twice a week.

 

The sound of keys jingling and the door knob rattling meant whoever had arrived was definitely Yuri. Much to Mr. and Mrs. Im’s dismay, Yoona had only allowed for Yuri and herself to have copies of the house keys.

 

“Hello?” Yuri called out as she opened the door. She walked in with a small duffle bag and her helmet in hand.

 

“Yuri!” Mrs. Im jumped up in excitement. “I’m glad you’ve finally arrived!”

 

“Hello Mrs. Im. Sorry I’m late, I was distracted by a little bakery owner.” Yuri smiled remembering Taeyeon’s motherly lecture moments prior to her departure from her old apartment. “These are for you.”

 

“Thank you dear!” Mrs. Im grabbed the Talk Talk Café bag and her own purse. “Well, have fun you two!”

 

“M-mom! You’re leaving so soon?” Yoona asked as she saw her mother walk around Yuri.

 

“Yeah baby. I was just waiting for Yuri to arrive. I’ll be going now. Ta-ta!” Mrs. Im waved goodbye and left rapidly without another word.

 

Yoona shook her head at her mother’s strange behavior before realizing she was alone with Yuri.

 

“Hi Yuri…” Yoona waved awkwardly as Yuri stopped looking around and looked at her.

 

“Hello.” Yuri could tell Yoona felt a bit awkward so she decided to save their non-existent conversation. “Would you mind showing me to my room?”

 

“Oh! Yes, right this way!” The girls made their way up the stairs and down the hall. The first room there had its door open and was filled with things already. As she Yuri glanced in she could see it was Yoona’s room.

 

Yoona stopped at the room beside hers and opened the door. Inside there was a large bed with baby blue and light pink covers, the walls where an almost white shade of blue, and the curtains were white. There was a large door at the other end of the room which led to a conjoint balcony, their rooms shared.  

 

“Wow…” Yuri dropped her bag on the floor and looked around. This room was larger than her old apartment’s living room. It had such a homey and opened feel to it which contrasted greatly from where she used to love.

 

“You like it?” Yoona leaned against the doorframe and watched as Yuri slid her fingertips over the bed’s cover, admiring how soft they were.

 

“It’s incredible…” Yuri gasped as she noticed a picture frame on the bedside table. In it was a picture of her family; her mother and father were smiling happily as while she and her brother were pouting. Yuri remembered that day so clearly. Before the picture was taken the siblings had gotten into a fight and didn’t want to take a ‘stupid family photo’ together.

 

Yuri picked up the frame and looked at the picture. She was sure she had lost it once Taecyeon and his buddies had raided her place weeks after her brother abandoned her. She looked intently at the picture before looking up at Yoona. “How did you get this?”

 

“M-my mom is a bit creepy. She put that there for you.” Yoona watched as Yuri’s once awe-struck face turned into a hurt grimace.

 

“I don’t want it.” She walked over to the trash can next to a vanity in the room and threw out the frame.

 

“Hey!” Yoona exclaimed as she heard the frame break. “We just bought that!”

 

Yuri ignored Yoona’s comment and walked over to her. “I would like to unpack now.”

 

Yoona looked at Yuri and then to her bag. “Where’s the rest of your stuff?”

 

Yuri let out a humorless laugh. “This is all my stuff.”

 

“…”

 

“I will cook dinner tonight. Your mother’s contact said that unless you wanted to do so, I’m to make sure you are cooked and well fed.”

 

“U-uhuh.” Yoona glanced at Yuri curiously wondering why her mood had so suddenly changed. She had gone ice cold in just a few seconds and the curiosity was eating a Yoona as she exited the room.

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

“Come on Tiffany!”  Sunny yelled over the music into Tiffany’s ear. “You have to get back out there!”

 

“But Sunny what about-“

 

“NO! You and Jessica aren’t together!” Sunny grabbed two drinks from the bar and handed one to Tiffany. “You need to get a life! Do you think Jessica stops her life for you? No Fany she doesn’t!”

 

Tiffany sighed at Sunny’s words because deep down she knew they were true. “Okay.”  Tiffany yelled to Sunny over the music.

 

Sunny then smiled and grabbed her hand, dragging her onto the dance floor. Tiffany was trying to enjoy herself but it was hard to do when a woman in one of the tables off to the side looked an awful lot like her Jessica.

 

Tiffany couldn’t tell for sure if it really was her Jessi but she had had a few drinks now and figured if she couldn’t bang Jessica then for now she’d do the next best thing. She could tell from where she was dancing that the girl was having a horrible time while the two girls with her were partying it up.

 

Tiffany watched as the girl rose and made her way to the bathroom. She left Sunny without saying a word, knowing this was her chance to hit on her. As she turned the corner she saw the girl being kissed by some man. As she looked closer she noticed it really was Jessica and she was kissing a man.

 

“Jessi…” at the sound of Tiffany’s voice Jessica pushed the guy back with all her might. Jessica had pushed him so hard her hit the other wall of the hallway and landed unconscious on the ground.

 

Jessica looked at Tiffany and her eyes widened as she took in Tiffany’s state. Tiffany was wearing a rather short metallic silver dress with a deep neck line. Not only was Tiffany barely dressed but she was crying! She looked like a lost child at an amusement park; dazed and confused.

 

Jessica snapped out of her shocked state when she heard a sob escape Tiffany’s lips. Her hands were out stretched in front of her as she moved slowly towards Tiffany. She stepped over the man and continued to walk slowly as if being careful was going to make Tiffany any happier.

 

“No no no no no… Please don’t cry…” The still tearing Tiffany looked from Jessica’s face to the man on the ground. She couldn’t help another wave of tears that began to flow.

 

“You’re straight!” Tiffany exclaimed between sobs. “Wouldn’t it have been easier to rip my heart out?!”

 

As cold as Jessica might seem she hated making people cry. “No no no” She hesitantly placed one hand on Tiffany’s cheek and rested the other on her hip. “No I’m not straight… I like girls.”

 

Jessica’s voice was soft and comforting. Her thumb was rubbing circles on Tiffany’s waist and she watched the younger girl’s crying subside.

 

“Then who’s he?!” Tiffany pointed to the man and glared at his lifeless body.

 

“I don’t know!” Jessica answered which only resulted in more crying from Tiffany. “No no no what I mean is that he came out of nowhere and started to kiss me! He’s drunk out his right now!”

 

“S-so you’re gay?” Tiffany looked into Jessica eyes and could see how distraught the older girl was at her crying.

 

“Yes!” Jessica sighed in relief when she saw Tiffany’s crying had stopped. “Thank goodness…”

 

Jessica closed her eyes and thanked god Tiffany wasn’t bawling anymore. When she opened her eyes again she was met by a smiling Tiffany. She was smiling sweetly but Jessica knew better. Tiffany’s eyes all but screamed mischief. “Umf”

 

Tiffany had grabbed Jessica’s hips and pulled her body towards her, closing the small distance between them and smashing herself against the older girl.

 

“M-Ms. Hwang…” Jessica was taken completely off guard by Tiffany’s next action.

 

In one swift motion Tiffany pressed her lips against Jessica’s. Much to Jessica’s surprise Tiffany didn’t take too much advantage. She didn’t push Jessica to make out with her. Instead she kissed her softly once more before loosening her grip on her.

 

“You know Jess, if I’d known crying would have gotten you this close I would have blubbered like a baby the day we met.”

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

Yuri sat on her bed looking at the picture frame in the trash. She felt the anger course its way through her body as she thought of her ‘family’.

 

Those people weren’t her family. No. They were just people she grew up knowing. Her only family now was Taeyeon. That’s who should be on her bedside table not those people. Yuri looked towards her bag and started to take out its contents. Inside was a picture which made her smile.

 

It was a picture of Taeyeon and Yuri holding the first batch of pastries that were ever made in the Talk Talk Café. Taeyeon said that since Yuri had encouraged her so much to pursue her dream then she deserved half the credit of the existence of her now successful café.

 

As Yuri stuck the picture in the frame of the vanity mirror she heard shuffling in the kitchen. She rolled her eyes and guessed the princess couldn’t wait to be fed.

 

She walked out of her room and down to the kitchen. However when she reached it she saw Yoona with her hands up looking quite frightened. When Yuri looked to the other side of the room she saw a man pointing a very loaded gun at Yoona.

 

“Who the hell are you?!”