Chapter 13

Strictly Yours

“Ughhh…” Yoona groaned as she hung up the phone. After an hour’s conversation Mrs. Im had convinced Yoona to attend her own birthday party. It had been a few days since Yuri and her had gone to her parents’ house and since then she hadn’t been able to get far in any conversation she attempted with the older girl.

 

Yoona didn’t understand why she was still mad. It made a little sense the day of, but now it was just ridiculous. Yoona wanted Yuri to be like she was at the Mall. Although she was still serious, she had been strangely friendly. Now all Yuri did was act like her bodyguard.

 

“I guess it’s her job…”  Yoona got up off her bed and put her phone down. She went down stairs and looked out to the backyard and what she saw stopped her completely.

 

Out of the window she saw Yuri looking out to the view of the city behind the house. The sunlight was shining on her skin as the morning breeze ran through her hair. She looked angelic.

 

“How can something so beautiful be so… frigid?” Yoona sighed and kept looking.

 

“Women huh…” Yoona almost had a heart attack when she heard a voice behind her. It took her a second to recognize the voice but she quickly turned to find Tiffany smiling behind her.

 

“Oh my god! You scared me!” Tiffany laughed when Yoona hit her arm. “What are you doing here? How did you get in?!”

 

“Yuri let me in” Tiffany rubbed Yoona’s back when the taller girl was glaring at her.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“I’m lonely so I thought I’d visit you!”

 

“I thought you had to go to work and see your ‘wife’” At this Tiffany frowned and followed Yoona who had moved towards the living room to sit.

 

“I’m giving her space…” Tiffany sighed. “After the other night she’s been a lot ier than usual.”

 

“But I thought you liked her just the way she is” Yoona said in amusement. For the first time ever Tiffany was actually concerned about not invading Jessica’s privacy.

 

“Don’t get me wrong! Her aggressiveness totally turns me on…”

 

“Ew.” Tiffany disregarded Yoona’s disgust and kept going.

 

“But lately she’s been completely avoiding me and I don’t know what to do!”

 

“You don’t have a plan?” At this Yoona was completely shocked. Tiffany always had a next step in her seduction plan.

 

“I don’t!” Tiffany’s head went straight into the table in frustration.

 

“Tiffany!”

 

“What?!” Tiffany whined and looked up.

 

“You’re going to give yourself a concussion if you do that!”

 

“Maybe then Jessi will care!”

 

“Oh my god…” Yoona looked at Tiffany with pity. This always happened when she had Jessica withdrawals. This occurred every time Jessica was out on vacation or a business trip.

 

“Why don’t you ask her out?”

 

“Huh?” Tiffany turned to the door and saw Yuri walking into the kitchen.

 

Yuri went to do dishes and continued talking. “Ask her out. Why do you keep throwing it out there that you like her but don’t take any serious steps?”

 

“…” Tiffany stared at her like she was crazy. “Don’t you think I want to!”

 

“Then why don’t you?”

 

“Because!” Tiffany yelled infuriated. “What do you think would happen if my father found out that I’ve been courting Jessica!? He would kill me…”

 

“Then why do you keep going after her?” Yuri asked in a demeaning tone.

 

“Because even so I love her!” Tiffany slammed her hands on the table making Yoona flinch, Yuri on the other hand simply smirked.

 

“Well there you go.”

 

“What?” Both Tiffany and Yoona looked at Yuri in confusion.

 

“You show your affection in secret because you want to protect Jessica from you father, right?” Tiffany nodded at this. “So don’t you think maybe Jessica hides her affection to do the same?”

 

“…” Tiffany looked at Yuri with a meaningful look. “OH MY GOSH!”

 

Tiffany squealed and ran to Yuri. She gave her a hug and continuously kissed her cheek. From the corner of her eye Yuri could see Yoona look at them with a sad expression which sparked her interest.

 

“Thank you!!” Tiffany let go of Yuri and grabbed her bag. “I have some thinking to do so I’m going to go!”

 

“Bye…” Before Yoona could even say goodbye Tiffany was already out the door. Yoona turned her gaze to Yuri, who was staring at her, and glared. “Why would you do that!?”

 

“Do what?”

 

“Give Tiffany false hope like that!” Yoona rolled her eyes. “Have you ever stopped to think that maybe Jessica just doesn’t like her!”

 

“I know you want that to happen but no! I am sure that Jessica likes her too and I support Tiffany in her pursuit.”

 

“Why would I not want Tiffany to be happy?!”

 

“Because you’ll be lonelier than you are now!”

 

Yoona scoffed and walked towards Yuri. “I am not lonely! I have tons of people in my life that love me and many more that would die at the chance to be my friend. I will NEVER be lonely! Im not you! You have no one!”

 

Yuri’s face became completely blank and her eyes seemed to hollow out. Yoona had her hands over and regretted the words as soon as they came out of .

 

“…” Yuri just looked at her and before she began to walk towards her room.

 

“I-I…” Yoona tried to apologize as Yuri walked away but she couldn’t think of what to say to make this okay. What she had just done was truly a low blow and she knew it.

 

“I’ll be in my room.”

 

Yoona watched Yuri disappear up the stairs. “What am I going to do now?...”

 

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

 

Taeyeon was taking inventory when she heard her name being called. As she walked out into the café she saw Hyoyeon holding out the phone to her.

 

“Tae, some guy wants to talk to you.”

 

“Who is it?” Taeyeon asked as she took hold of the phone but only saw Hyoyeon shrug. “Hello?”

 

Taeyeon heard low distant breathing but no one spoke. She tried again but was hung up on. She turned to Hyo and looked at her with a strange expression.

 

“Hyo, who was that?”

 

“I don’t know you tell me.” Hyoyeon gave her a worried expression. “Do you think it’s a prank?”

 

“Probably… Lets just keep going about our business. Kids these days…” Taeyeon gave out a strained chuckle and looked out into the restaurant. It was still pretty early so business was rather slow. “Hey Hyo can you manage for a bit on your own? I want to go check on Sunny.”

 

“Sure thing boss! Tell Sunny I said hi!”

 

“Gotcha!” Taeyeon went through the hallway and upstairs to her house above the café. “Sunny!”

 

Taeyeon heard shuffling and a grunt. She ran to the bedroom Sunny was staying at opened the door. In front of her was a man holding Sunny down. Taeyeon quickly took the nearest lamp and swung it into him without a second thought.

 

As he was shocked with pain Sunny quickly got up and ran to Taeyeon. Tae pushed Sunny out of the room and got out. With a key she fished out of a nearby drawer she looked the room from outside.

 

“Sunny are you alright?!” Instead of replying Sunny just ran to Taeyeon and clung onto her. Sunny hugged her as if her life depended on it. Taeyeon looked at her with pity before she wrapped her arms around her too. “It’s okay Sunny… I’m here…”

 

“Whats all that noise!?” Hyoyeon called out as she entered Taeyeon’s apartment.

 

“Hyo! Call the police!!”

 

Hyoyeon nodded and ran down the stairs. Just outside the café was a cop car making its way down the street. Hyoyeon began to call out after them until the cops got out of their car and ran to her.

 

“What is it ma’am?”

 

“There’s an intruder! He tried to take advantage of my friend!!”

 

“Where is he ma’am!?” Hyoyeon took them to Taeyeon’s apartment.

 

“He’s in the room. I hit him and locked him in.” Taeyeon said as she Sunny’s hair. The men opened the door and quickly arrested the intruder. As he was being dragged away he yelled out all sorts of insult and profanities. He even attempted to escape by hitting the officer.  

 

“He’s my ex-boyfriend… He… he tried to… t-to…” Sunny said to the cop that was questioning her.

 

“Don’t you worry miss. Between breaking and entering, attempted , and assault of an officer that man is spending a very long time in prison. You are safe now.”

 

“Thanks…” Sunny whispered. She watched the cop walk away and to his partner who was talking to Taeyeon. They thanked her for her time and left.

 

“Sunny…” Taeyeon approached her slowly. “I’m really sorry.”

 

“W-why?”

 

“I didn’t think he’d come back. I should have taken precautions and looked the back door. I should have made sure you were okay…”

 

“No.” Sunny closed the distance between them and looked up at her. “Y-you have done too much for me… I don’t know how I can make it up to you…”

 

“You don’t have to. Now that you’re safe from that poor bastard it’s okay.” Taeyeon smiled and pulled her into a hug.

 

“Thank you so much!” Sunny squeezed Taeyeon and pulled her as close as she could. “You don’t know how much this means to me!”

 

“Trust me… I do…”

 

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

 

“Yuri?” Yoona once again was slowly going into Yuri’s room to apologize. This seemed to be a habit now. Yoona walked further into the room and found it was empty.

 

“What do you want?” Yuri came into the room to change after her shower. She had opted to a nice relaxing bath rather than be in her room alone with Yoona’s lingering words.

 

“I-I wanted to apologize…” Yoona was trying to focus on the issue at hand but found it a bit hard to when all she could do was watch droplets of water slide down Yuri’s skin. This made her feel even worse and a whole lot guiltier.

 

“Go ahead then.” Yuri’s expression hadn’t changed since Yoona had said those hurtful things.

 

“I am truly sorry. I didn’t mean what I said. It was not true.” Yoona looked down as she spoke; it was the only way she could talk without getting distracted.

 

“You are goddamn right it’s not true!!” Yuri yelled out startling Yoona. See walked up to her and continued to yell. “I may not have anything to my name but I will never be alone! I don’t have people dying to be with me but I have Taeyeon! She is worth 100 of your fake rich friends!”

 

“I-I’m sorry!” Yoona exclaimed. She felt so bad she just wanted Yuri to hit her if it would make it better.

 

“I don’t care what you think but when you say I have no one it makes Taeyeon insignificant… That is one line I don’t ever want to see you cross!”

 

“…”

 

“Go.”

 

“But I-“

 

“Don’t care.” Yuri pointed to the door. “I will be ready soon and will take you wherever you want.”

 

“Yuri I really didn’t mean it.”

 

Yuri’s face showed an expression Yoona had never seen before; hurt. “Just go…”