Chapter 24

Strictly Yours

“Don’t” was the only word that came out of Yoona’s lips before she snuggled closer to Yuri. The older girl had tried to get up without waking the girl beside her, but no such luck. Yoona didn’t bother opening her eyes, she just tightened her grip on Yuri and repositioned herself to lay her head on the other girl’s chest.

 

Yuri didn’t know what to do. She was having an internal war where on the one hand she found herself enjoying the her closeness to Yoona, however she very well knew she had a job to do and it would be a lot easier if she didn’t let feelings cloud her judgement. She couldn’t let that happen. Not after seeing how real the threat was. Nothing could happen to Yoona. The thought of someone even laying a finger on her made Yuri’s blood boil.

 

“I’m going to protect you.” Yuri couldn’t help the words that escaped her lips. Yoona opened her eyes and looked up at Yuri sleepily.

 

“Can you protect me from you?”

 

Yuri’s eyes widened as Yoona let go of her and got up. The younger girl glanced back at Yuri for a moment before sighing. “I almost died yesterday”

 

Yuri winced at her words and felt the need to apologize. It was her duty to protect Yoona and still someone almost shot her in her own bedroom. “Yoona, I—“

 

“I almost died yesterday and still…” Yoona let out a humorless laugh. “Still all I can do is be a little lovestruck teenager… I almost died and still all I can think about is that you’re never going to love me.”

 

“…” Yuri was now sitting up on the bed. Her eyes never leaving the back of Yoona’s head. She didn’t know what to say.

 

“The worst part is that I understand.” Yoona shifted her body to face Yuri again. Her eyes were looked lifeless. The toll of the events of the previous night catching up to her. “Even if you did like me you would never do anything, would you? I see the type of person you are. You would keep me safe at the cost of breaking your own heart…”

 

Yuri knew what Yoona was doing. Yoona was dealing with the trauma of the night before like anyone would. She was projecting all that hurt onto Yuri. She was latching on to her feelings for the older girl because that was the only feeling she had. Yoona was depressed and Yuri didn’t know how to deal with it.

 

Yuri didn’t know what to say to make things better. She did the only thing she thought she could do. “I’m sorry for what happened” Yuri pulled Yoona in to her arm and held her there. Yoona didn’t even look at her but she didn’t break away either.

 

It was then that Yuri noticed some marks on Yoonas back. Come to think of it Yuri didn’t know how long that had kept Yoona or what he had done to her before she had arrived.

 

Yuri got up and gently pulled Yoona along with her. When they arrived in the bathroom Yuri motioned Yoona to sit at the edge of the bathtub. Once Yoona did Yuri kneeled down in front of her and began to the younger girl’s shirt.

 

“What are you doing?” Yoona asked. She was too emotionally drained to fight what was happening. In the back of her mind she was excited for this yet she was so worn from the trauma of the previous night she couldn’t get her body or mind to care.  

 

“I need to see that you’re okay.” Yuri’s voice was low and gentle but even so you could still hear traces of urgency in her tone.

 

She finished ing the shirt and slowly slid it off of her. Yoona just looked at Yuri’s face and saw her take in the sight in front of her. Yoona’s chest and torso were bruised. The EMTs Mr. Im had contacted the night before had fixed all of the wounds caused by glass on Yoona’s arms so why hadn’t they done something about the bruising.

 

“It’s not as bad as it looks” Yoona didn’t even sound fazed.

 

Yuri reached up to stoke Yoona’s cheek. Her hand slowly slid down her neck and onto her shoulder. She never once broke eye contact with the younger girl before she sighed and stood up.

 

“Take off your clothes.” Yuri made her a bath as the girl obediently took off all her remaining clothes.

 

Yuri couldn’t help but feel the wind knocked out of her at the sight of a Yoona. She had to gather herself before motioning the girl to enter the bath.

 

“I showed you mine now you show me yours” Yoona said humorlessly as she sat in the water.

 

Without a second thought Yuri began to undress herself. At this she had finally gotten a reaction from Yoona who looked up at her with confusion and a hint of desire.

 

Yuri pushed her clothes to a side and motioned Yoona to move forward a little. She slid in behind her and gently pulled her down to lay her back on her. Yuri wrapped her arms around Yoona and just like that Yoona broke down, finally letting out all the pent up emotion she had tried to conceal.