Chapter 8

Strictly Yours

As Yuri stuck the picture in the frame of the vanity mirror she heard shuffling in the kitchen. She rolled her eyes and guessed the princess couldn’t wait to be fed

 

She walked out of her room and down to the kitchen. However when she reached it she saw Yoona with her hands up looking quite frightened. When Yuri looked to the other side of the room she saw a man pointing a very loaded gun at Yoona.

 

“Who the hell are you?!”  Yuri’s glare didn’t falter as the man with the gun pointed it at her and then back at Yoona.

 

“The better question is who are you?” Her voice was calm and collected. She watched the man narrow his eyes at her. This is what she wanted, with his anger directed at her it’d be easier to save Yoona.

 

“Listen ! I’m here to do one job. You can just walk away and leave.” His eyes were following Yuri’s form as she slowly made her way to Yoona.

 

“I wish I could but you’ve really pissed me off at a very bad time.” Yuri finally reached Yoona and covered her with her body. Yoona, who was extremely frightened, grabbed Yuri’s shirt and pressed herself against the older girl’s back.

 

“Hand her over!” The man walked towards the two girls and pointed the gun at Yuri abdomen. “Or you’re both simply going to die.”

 

“Okay” Yuri’s hands went over Yoona’s and gently loosened the grip Yoona had on her shirt.

 

“No! Wait!” Yoona was protesting but before she could say anything more Yuri let go of her hands and brought her arm up. She quickly elbowed the man’s arm which resulted in him losing his grip on the gun.

 

“Yoona call your father!” Yoona dashed for the phone and watched as Yuri twisted the man’s arm and began an intense fist fight. She called her dad and as soon as she had said intruder her dad sent out his men.

 

No more than 3 minutes later were a group of his men bursting through the door. “We’ll protect you Miss…”

 

The soldier was stopped cold as he watched Yuri with her knee rammed into the man’s back and her hand pushing his face to the ground. Yoona was sitting to a far corner watching Yuri in amazement as were the Im henchmen.

 

“And if you ever dare to point a gun at me again you can say goodbye to your hands! Did you really think I was going to hand Yoona over because you pointed a little gun at me?” Yuri dug her knee deeper in his back causing the man to yelp out in pain. “I was in a bad mood as it was!”

 

“M-miss… we’ll take it from here.” The armed men slowly made their way to Yuri and captured the intruder as soon as she got off of him.

 

“I’ll get you back for this you little bit-“ the man was silenced by Yuri’s fist as it made contact, and very well, broke his jaw.

 

The soldiers quickly took him away as Yuri mumbled to herself while closing the door. “Don’t ever call me a again, you bastard”

 

When Yuri walked back to the kitchen she noticed Yoona wasn’t there anymore. “Yoona?”

 

Panic surged through her and she dashed upstairs to find her. Up until now Yuri had thought the Ims were exaggerating of the danger Yoona was in while away from her family. She could see now that this threat was very real and she would be forced to take her job a lot more seriously.

 

She saw Yoona sitting at the edge of her bed in her room. Her knees were pulled tightly to her chest and her head was down.

 

“It hasn’t happened in a long time…” Yuri was startled by the sound of Yoona’s voice. “This same thing happened once before. Except the man who saved me… he didn’t make it out alive. Ever since that incident I’ve never done anything on my own. I thought I could be independent but I can’t even stand up for myself…”

 

Yuri sighed and sat next to Yoona. “Are you kidding me? Normal people don’t become independent when they face off a guy with a gun Yoona. You being scare is alright and normal. Going out into the world on your own is scary. Just because you grow up doesn’t mean you stop being frightened.”

 

“B-but you handled that so well… like you had nothing to fear.” Yoona looked up and Yuri could see how shaken up she was.

 

“Then I’m the one who should be scared! No normal person would be so careless of their life. But you know what Yoona… I was scared.”

 

“Y-you were?”

 

“Yeah! How was I going to face your mom if anything happened to you?” Yoona giggled at the thought.

 

“She would kill you herself!” Yuri smiled knowing Yoona was less shaken up now.

 

“See! I’ve got a lot more to fear than you do!” Yoona laughed at Yuri who chuckled as well. “Now what do you say I make you something to eat!”

 

“Yes please! Almost dying really made me hungry!” The girls laughed as they made their way back to the kitchen.

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

Sunny took a deep breath and glanced up at her reflection on the rearview mirror. She made sure every hair on her head was in place and her make-up was perfect. She looked at the stereo once more and noticed it was time to go.

 

She grabbed her purse from the passenger side and made her way out onto the street. Sunny sat diligently on a bench in the nearby park when a young man walked up to her.

 

“Excuse me, miss?” Sunny looked up at him and noticed he was rather handsome but chose to ignore it. His being handsome made things worse and she had to get rid of him quickly. “Miss are you alright?”

 

“Yes yes… how can I help you?” Sunny’s voice sounded off and she felt the fear seeping in.

 

“I was just wondering where I could find the subway from here…” The young man asked carefully when he noticed her sudden change in aura.

 

“Just keep going down this street and make a left. It will be right at the next corner.” Sunny smiled as the man thanked her a couple of times before running off to catch a train.

 

She stood up and watched the man run down the street until she felt a harsh hand grab her arm.

 

“You little !”

 

“Ouch! Baby please stop you’re hurting me.” Sunny winced and quietly begged as she turned to face her boyfriend.

 

“You have some balls to think you can cheat on me and get away with it you !” He snarled at her as he spoke through his teeth. Sunny was frightened knowing what would be coming next. She would have faught back but previous experiences had taught her that it only made things worst.

 

Her boyfriend hurriedly dragged her to an alley nearby where they were shielded from the public’s eye. “I’ll teach you to be loyal you treacherous !”

 

Soon enough a large burly hand slapped her across the face. All Sunny could do was hold back her sobs and endure the burning sensations that exploded within her at every hit.

 

“P-please s-s-stop” Her lips quivered and she could barely speak.

 

“I can do whatever the hell I want with you! You’re mine!” He slowly started to unbuckle his pants. Sunny’s eyes widened and she started to back away from him.

 

“N-no please baby!” Sunny managed to yell before she was pushed up against a wall.

 

“Hey! Asswipe! She said NO!” A voice called out from the end of the alley. Sunny saw a petite figure stalking towards them but her eyes were swollen and she couldn’t really see.

 

“Who the are you midget?!” She heard her boyfriend yell.

 

“A midget that’s about to beat you !” Sunny felt the pressure pushing her against the wall disappear and soon enough her boyfriend was face down on the asphalt.

 

As she heard him groan she felt two small and gentle hands start to lead her out towards the street again.

 

Sunny’s head was spinning so fast she thought she would puke. All she knew is that with the help of this stranger she finally had the courage to save herself from her destructive relationship.

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

“Come on Jess! Talk to me!” Tiffany half whispered as she followed Jessica through the copy room of the Im’s Company.

 

Tiffany was well aware this was far from the right place for them to have this conversation but it was the only place she knew Jessica wouldn’t escape. At least not during business hours.

 

Jessica let out an exasperated sigh as she faced Tiffany for the first time today. “Ms. Hwang! Please!”

Jessica’s voice was just above a whisper but the urgency and annoyance in her voice was crystal clear.

 

“Here we go again…” Tiffany rolled her eyes and gave Jessica an annoyed look. “Goddamit Jessica! Just call me Tiffany!”

 

“Ms. Hwang” Jessica said through her teeth. “You want to talk about yesterday? Fine! Lets talk!”

 

“Than-“

 

“Where do you want to start? The parts where you make me feel like a total or maybe when you ually assaulted me?” Jessica placed her hand on her hip and her stance suddenly became dominant. “What happened yesterday was a mistake… it wont be happening anymore. I mean it!”

 

“… well that’s not what I was hoping you’d say.” Tiffany pouted for a bit before another smile broke out on her face. “Do you want to know what’s funny?”

 

“ What?” Jessica cryed out in disbelief at Tiffany’s never-ending bravado. “What could possibly be funny to you right now!?”

 

“This little speech. The it was a mistake and it’s never happening again speech… its exactly what you said last time we kissed.” Tiffany’s face had a smile Jessica didn’t see often. It wasn’t a lustful of predatory one like usual but rather loving and caring. Jessica knew Tiffany’s head was replaying their kisses and honestly so was hers.