Chapter 26

Strictly Yours

“My sweet little baby girl!” Mrs. Im cried out as she suffocated Yoona in a hug. Yoona was starting to regret visiting her parents as she was smothered by her mother.

 

“She’s fine now sweetheart. The man who hurt her has been… taken care of.” Mr. Im and Yoona exchanged looks as they tried to comfort Mrs. Im together. It would almost seem as though the one who had gone through the experience wasn’t Yoona. She was calm and collected; doing her best to comfort her mother.

 

Yuri had decided to wait outside for fear of being attacked by Mrs. Im. She wandered the courtyard and their extensive garden. It was quite peaceful, especially with the sun setting in the distance.

 

Her peace and quiet came to an end once she heard a voice she knew all too well.

 

“Can’t believe we gotta work security for a birthday party”

 

“It’s part of the job Taecyeon. They can’t all be debt collection”

 

“I really like debt collection. It’s my specialty” Taecyeon said with a sinister look on his face.

 

“Stop complaining. We work for the most powerful man in the country. What more could you want?”

 

Yuri watched from afar as everything began to click for her. How Mrs. Im knew about her debt. How Mr. Im was able to make it go away. All her suffering at the hands of the Im family and here she was protecting their daughter.

 

Words couldn’t describe the anger Yuri felt. What’s worst is she felt something she didn’t even know was possible; she was heartbroken. She felt betrayed by Yoona. Her world was crashing down on her again. She was finally beginning to feel comfortable and allowing herself to care about someone. Once again she was getting played by someone she cared about.

 

Yuri didn’t know what to do anymore. She couldn’t quit. What good would that do? She still had a sizeable debt to pay in her brother’s stead and if she did run where would she go? What would she do?

 

“Yuri!” Yoona’s voice snapped Yuri out of her thoughts. “I’ve been looking everywhere for you! I’m ready to go!”

 

“I bet you are…” Yuri said under her breath.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Nothing…” Yuri realized then the opportunity she had been give. She was about to make the Ims pay for everything they had done to her. The abuse, the hunger, the tears. They were going to pay for every single bit of it.

 

“What are you even looking at?”  

 

“Opportunity…”