Chapter 4

Strictly Yours

“Yuri, this is my baby girl Yoona.”

 

“Hi…”

 

 

Yuri couldn’t help but check Yoona out. It didn’t surprise her that Yoona was beautiful since her mother was quite good looking as well.

 

On the other hand, Yoona had expected some creepy girl from the street judging by her mother’s insane story of an urchin girl beating up a gang of 20 men to save her. Yoona should have known better; Mrs. Im had a habit of exaggerating.

 

Yoona watched as Yuri obviously checked her out. She looked at Yuri harshly and greeted her back, “Hello.”

 

It didn’t take long for Yuri to notice that Yoona felt resentment towards her. Yoona’s face had gone from surprise to glaring in a matter of seconds.

 

“Um… Ms. Yoona… I’ll be your babysitter from now on.”

 

Yoona’s eyes narrowed instantly. “You are not babysitting me. I’m not a child!”

 

“Oh. I’m sorry, as your mother so kindly put it, I’m adultsitting you.” Yuri smiled sarcastically. It was a natural instinct for her to dislike someone who didn’t like her, especially when said person didn’t have a reason to.

 

“What! Mom!” Yoona whined looked at her mother with a pout.

 

“Sorry baby… You know that’s not what I meant…” Mrs. Im tried to salvage the situation while she could.

 

As the mother and daughter exchanged remarks Yuri rolled her eyes and looked around the room. She spotted a clock on the wall; at first she admired its detailed and sophisticated lining but once she saw the time she almost jumped.

 

“!” The other ladies in the room all turned to Yuri. “I’m sorry but I’ve got to go. Like now.”

 

“But Yuri! You’ve only just met Yoona! Don’t you want to get to know her?” Mrs. Im held onto Yuri’s arm.

 

“I’m sorry Mrs. Im. I’m sure your daughter has better things to do and as do I, so I’ve got to go. I’m late for a meeting.”

 

“Is it a job interview!? Yuri you agreed to do this already dear!” Mrs. Im panicked. She knew in her heart Yuri was meant for this. Meeting her was fate and fate was not to be tampered with.

 

“No! I just have someone important waiting for me. I have to go.” Yuri said tenderly which put Mrs. Im at ease instantly. The other girls, who were watching the scene, were surprised at Yuri’s affectionate tone. It didn’t fit her image one bit and it definitely wasn’t a common reaction to Mrs. Im’s smothering.

 

Jessica felt the need to help Yuri escape Mrs. Im’s grasp, and she really needed an excuse to distance herself from Tiffany. “Don’t worry Mrs. Im, I’ll take her back.”

 

“No Jessica! Yoona will!” Mrs. Im suddenly began to radiate happiness again, earning her some weird looks.

 

“What!?” Yoona looked at her mother furiously, “I don’t want to!”

 

Mrs. Im looked at her daughter sternly and put her hands on her hips. “Im Yoona! You will take Yuri to where she needs to go or you will not have a pool in your future home!”

 

Yuri looked at the Im ladies with an incredulous look. Not having a pool was a threat in this house? All Yuri could think about is how great it would be to even have a house, or maybe a fridge filled with food.

She dismissed the thought and decided to intervene. “It’s okay Mrs. Im, I can leave on my own. It’s not a far run from here to where I have to go.”

 

Yuri grabbed her bag and walked out of the front door. She bent down to tie her laces and stretched a bit. Just as she was about to take off the door opened behind her.

 

“I’ll take you!” Yoona called out behind her. “I-I… we have a driver.”

 

“U-um thank you…” Yuri nodded and followed Yoona as she walked towards a car parked off to the side.

 

Back inside of the house Mrs. Im, Tiffany, and Jessica were watching the exchange from a window. Mrs. Im smiled brightly and squealed.

 

“What are you so happy about mom?” Tiffany looked at Mrs. Im who grabbed her hands and squeezed them as she squealed once more.

 

“It’s the start of their relationship!”

 

Jessica furrowed her eyebrows at Mrs. Im’s statement. “Relationship? They just met ma’am.”

 

“I know but soon YoonYul will get along and talk more, get comfortable around each other, and get married!”

 

“Well… that escalated quickly…” Jessica shook her head at Mrs. Im’s eccentric personality before turning to grab her bag.

 

“Where is Sunny?”

 

“Oh she went to go get me my gardening tools. We’re going to bond over flowers. Would you like to come along Tiffany?” Mrs. Im smiled at her.

 

“No thank you, I think I’ll stay inside…” Tiffany replied watching sadly as Jessica gathered her things. Mrs. Im looked at Tiffany sympathetically. Although Tiffany was only affectionate to Jessica in secret Mrs. Im knew full well that she was head over heels.

 

She understood if her husband found out he would tell Tiffany’s father and all hell would break loose. Mrs. Im wouldn’t want any of her kids in trouble so she kept it a secret, even from the girls themselves that she knew of Tiffany’s love.

 

“Jessica!” Mrs. Im called out, “Where do you think you’re going!?”

 

“Back to work….” Jessica said in a confused tone.

 

“No. You’re staying here for lunch. It’ll be served in about an hour so don’t go anywhere!” Mrs. Im said in an upbeat tone.

 

“But-“

 

“No buts!” Mrs. Im noticed Tiffany brighten up from the corner of her eye and felt satisfied. “Now I’ll have to leave you two alone, Sunny must be waiting for me!”

 

Mrs. Im left the room in a hurry and made sure to close the door behind her. As soon as the door closed Tiffany looked towards Jessica.

 

Feeling Tiffany’s gaze, Jessica looked back to her. Their eyes locked and as soon as they did Jessica looked away and walked towards one of the couches in the room. Tiffany followed quietly behind and sat on the other end of the couch, still watching Jessica.

 

Jessica couldn’t take the staring any longer so she rapidly turned to her side and couldn’t help her tone as she exclaimed, “What is it Ms. Hwang!? Why are you staring at me!?”

 

Tiffany completely ignored and smiled. She scooted closer to Jessica and replied. “I just wanted you to start a conversation with me for once instead of the other way around.”

 

Jessica sighed in frustration and stood up. “Why? Why do you keep coming after me? Why can’t you just give up?!”

 

Tiffany stood up as well. She was tired of this chasing. She always got what she wanted and right now that was Jessica.

 

“We are meant to be.”

 

“What?” Jessica couldn’t believe that the reason for Tiffany’s constant pursuit was so childish.

 

“We are meant to be!” Tiffany exclaimed furiously.

 

“And what the hell gave you that idea?!” Jessica couldn’t help raising her voice.

 

“Because!” Tiffany’s breathing had picked up and she felt like her heart was going to break in half. “I felt it when we kissed!”

 

“I was drunk! How can you think you like me from one drunken kiss!?”

 

“Ever since I met you I thought you were beautiful! But that’s not all, you’re so pretty inside and out! You’re beautiful. Your way of being is beautiful. And when we kissed… it felt beautiful. I want that feeling forever! So I need you forever…”

 

“what…” Jessica stared at Tiffany with wide eyes.

 

“What I’m saying is that I love you. I know I do. It’s not a childish crush or just lust. I’m completely and utterly captivated by you.”

 

“…”

 

“Will you accept my feeling Jessica?”