Chapter 20

Strictly Yours

“I am not wearing that.” Yuri scowled as she looked at the dress Yoona was holding. “Yoona we’re going to a club not a convent!”

 

Yoona looked at the long sleeved maxi dress she was holding and whined, “But you’ll be more covered up in this!”

 

“Yoona… Let’s get one thing straight okay, I can take care of myself. I am here to take care of you.” Yuri spoke slowly as though Yoona couldn’t understand her.

 

The girls argued some more before they walked out of the house and to the car. Much to Yoona’s dismay Yuri wore some tight black jeans and a rather racy blouse. Yoona scolded Yuri all the way to the car until the older girl exploded.

 

“Yoona! If you tell me to change one more time I swear I am not going anywhere with you!” Yuri saw Yoona pout and groaned. “Why are you being so persistent?! Do I look bad? Is that why you want me to change?”

 

“No! You look beyond y!” As soon as the words left Yoona wanted to die. She had no idea how to recover from this one.

 

“Excuse me?” Yuri’s yelling seized as she was caught off guard by Yoona’s statement.

 

“You look hot. That will attract attention to me and I don’t want to deal with anyone trying to take my picture or something.” Yoona said nodding proudly as she came up with a valid excuse.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes and got in the car. “Oh please, I’m not the one wearing booty shorts. Plus where we’re going you can barely see a thing!”

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

 

Tiffany walked around aimlessly. There was nothing to do in the house but there was no way she could leave. She had already surfed throw every channel on the TV and couldn’t find anything to watch.

 

Tiffany was about to start singing out of boredom when she heard voices outside the door. She knew it’d be best to hide. As fast as she could, Tiffany ran to the bedroom and hid. She heard the door being unlocked and she hoped and prayed she wouldn’t be caught.

 

“Ms. Hwang?” At the sound of the voice relief washed over Tiffany and she ran out of the bedroom.

 

“Jessi it’s you!” Tiffany walked to Jessica excitedly.

 

“Yes. I was just talking to the landlord. She was wondering who was making all that noise in here.”

 

“Where have you been!?”

 

“I-I went to take some days off and I brought you some necessities…” Jessica felt strange coming home to someone in her apartment, especially since that person was Tiffany at the moment.

 

“I wish you’d let me hug you when you get home! I’ve always pictured you coming home to me but if I can’t touch you the fantasy is incomplete.” Tiffany looked at Jessica with a dreamy look on her face, making the latter even more uncomfortable than before.

 

“Ms. Hwang…”

 

“I know Jessi, I know… I’m supposed to dial down my delusions.” Tiffany grabbed some bags from Jessica’s hands and helped her put them all on the counter. “One day you’ll love me too.”

 

Jessica shook her head and stretched. Her back was still in pain from sleeping on the couch. She sighed and helped Tiffany take everything out of the bags.

 

“Oh my gosh Jessi! These are so cute!” The bags were filled with clothes and other things Tiffany might need. “How did you know my size?!”

 

“Mr. Hwang has had me pick out your gifts ever since I started working for Mr. Im.”

 

“W-what?”  Tiffany didn’t know whether to be mad that all this time she thought her father had gotten her the most perfect gifts or happy that this meant she and Jessica were meant to be.

 

“Don’t be mad. He wanted me to pick them out because we’re closer in age…” Jessica was folding all the new close to put them in a drawer she had cleared out for Tiffany last night.

 

“No, I always figured they were too good to be from him…” Tiffany had a goofy smile on her face as she watched Jessica.

 

“I reckon you liked them then.” Jessica chuckled a little. She had never been so open to talk with Tiffany before but Jessica figured that since they lived together it would be near impossible to avoid her.

 

“He always had a sweet reason for getting me the gifts… was that you too?” Tiffany felt her heart soar just thinking of how much Jessica really knew her. She spent every birthday since meeting Jessica hoping the latter would get her something special, like a wedding ring. So far there hadn’t been a wedding ring but every gift she’d gotten from her ‘dad’ had always been the best.

 

“Yeah… I hope this doesn’t bother you…” Jessica took all the clothes and walked over to the bedroom. She opened Tiffany’s designated drawer and placed all her things in. When Jessica turned around she found Tiffany merely inches away. “Oh gosh!”

 

“You know Jess… My friends always ask me why I would even like you. I’m so bubbly and outgoing. You, on the other hand are cold and introverted.”

 

“Excuse me?” Jessica asked a little offended. She tried to step around Tiffany but she was instantly trapped between her and the dresser.

 

“At first I wondered the same. Why I wanted you to notice me so much. Lately I’ve been able to see why. I want you affection Jessica. I like the thought of being the only person you show that mushy heart of yours to.” Tiffany had Jessica’s eyes locked in hers as she ran her hand down her arm.

 

“I don-“

 

“It’s no use denying it. You see the clover charm on my bracelet, you said its so that wherever I go or find myself I’ll always be reminded of how lucky I’ve been all my life. You’re the one who found me when my own father couldn’t. You took me in.”

 

“…” Jessica had no clue how to respond which only made Tiffany’s smile widen.

 

“Say what you will but you care about me. Maybe not love but you care and that’s all I could ask for…”

 

“Ms. H-“

 

“Thanks for everything Jessi. And that big beautiful heart of yours… your secret’s safe with me.” Tiffany caressed a dazed Jessica’s face before releasing her. “Are you hungry Jess?”

 

“I-I…umm… y-yes.” Jessica’s voice was low as she had yet to process everything Tiffany had just said.

 

“I would offer to cook but… I can’t.” Tiffany said sheepishly as she walked into the living room.

 

“Wait! Um…” Jessica called out to Tiffany. She stopped dead in her tracks and turned to face Jessica. “Thanks… I know I don’t reciprocate your feelings but I do appreciate them… most people don’t even think I have a heart.”

 

Jessica chuckled nervously while Tiffany beamed at her and laughed. “How about some takeout Jess?”

 

Jessica sighed and smiled, “That’d be great.”

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

 “Yoona!” Yuri called out into the crowd over the music. She had turned around to buy some water when the next thing she knew, Yoona was gone.

 

As Yuri was the designated driver she hadn’t had any alcohol all night. The same, however, could not be said for Yoona. Yoona rarely got to go to clubs without her parent’s bodyguards and she thought it was about time she was allowed to get wasted.

 

Yuri looked around the bar and found that Yoona wasn’t there. Her tall figure allowed her to look far into the dance floor, not that it was much help considering the only light shining there were the strobe lights.

 

“Goddammit!” If there was one thing Yuri hated was dealing with drunk people. Especially if that way Yoona. If Yoona was sober at least Yuri could trust her to make sound decisions but in the state of mind she was in there was no way she’d think of anything in a logical manner.

 

Yuri was pulled out of her thoughts by arms that wrapped around her. They slid around her waist and pulled her tight. Yuri was seconds away from beating the crap when she heard a familiar whine.

 

“Yuri! I’m sooooo tired!” although the words were slurred Yuri felt relief when she untangled herself from the hug and turned to Yoona.

 

“Let’s go home!” She tried to speak over the music. Yuri started walking to the door until she realized Yoona wasn’t following. When she turned to look at her she saw Yoona with her arms stretched out and a pout on her face. Yuri sighed and walked back to her. “Yoona. Let’s go! Now!”

 

“…” Yoona didn’t speak but instead stomped her foot while still standing in the same position.

 

“What?! What do you want?!” This was why Yuri hated drunks. They were like giant babies.

 

“Carry me!”

 

“No!”

 

“CARRY ME!” Yoona’s voice was loud and made people turn and stare. Yuri had half a mind to knock her out but decided to comply.

 

“Fine! Let’s go!” Yuri opened her arms and Yoona quickly jumped up on her. She tightly wound her legs around Yuri and wrapped her arms around her neck.

 

Yuri to hold Yoona tightly so she wouldn’t fall as she exited the club. She walked to the car trying to ignore Yoona’s breath on her neck.

 

“Yuri… I have to tell you something…”