Chapter 18

Strictly Yours

Jessica watched as Tiffany devoured her burger. She had already eaten her own meal and had proceeded to eat Jessica’s after the later offered.  Jessica looked at her with pity knowing that for a girl who had been handed everything all her life, the past two days must have been torture.

 

“Stop that.” Tiffany said with full.

 

“Excuse me?” Tiffany hadn’t spoken since Jessica had forced her into her car so her voice had snapped her out of her thoughts.

 

“Stop looking at me all sad and stuff… I appreciate the pity Jess but I don’t need it.” Tiffany swallowed her food and looked up. “Thank you for the food.”

 

Jessica quickly stopped Tiffany as she got up. “Where do you think you’re going?”

 

“Anywhere Jess… anywhere but here.” Tiffany sat back down and was looking at Jessica trying to decide whether she should say what she wanted to or not.

 

Jessica, knowing the girl a lot better than she wanted to admit, noticed this. “What is it?”

 

“I just want to thank you is all…” Tiffany smiled sadly.

 

“What good could I have possibly brought you Ms. Hwang?” Jessica’s voice was filled with remorse. She looked up to Tiffany and found that her smile had brightened.

 

“Are you kidding me!?” Tiffany chuckled a little and Jessica had never felt such relief to hear it until now. “You made things bearable Jess! You still do… You were right you know. If the circumstances were different I would follow you to the end of the earth…”

 

“Ms. Hwang… how have the circumstances changed?” Jessica asked as she tried to not be affected by Tiffany’s declarations of love.

 

“I-I can’t let my father dictate my life anymore. The other day in your office…”

 

“I’m sorry for yelling at you!” Jessica said abruptly. She saw Tiffany blush and smile. She wondered how it was that she could like her so much, the ice princess, the heartless Jessica Jung.

 

“It’s okay Jess… I understand it was crazy for me to just jump on you like that. B-but after you rejected me I wasn’t thinking straight… I rushed home and confronted my father.”

 

“A-about what?”

 

“The reason I attacked you in your office was because he wants me to get married… to a man…” Jessica didn’t know why but it bothered her to hear this. Tiffany sighed and continued. “A man I really can’t stand…”

 

“…” Jessica didn’t know how to respond. She knew perfectly well who Tiffany was talking about and it made her blood boil just thinking that her father would marry her off to that poor excuse of a man.

 

“After I rushed home I told my father I wouldn’t do it. I refused to spend my life with a man I despise. He told me that it was business and I should handle it as so. He also said that he needed…” Tiffany’s face twisted in disgust as she remembered her father’s speech. “He wanted my kids to continue what he’s going to start. He wanted MY ing kids for HIS plans!”

 

“What a bastard…” Jessica said under her breath.

 

“So I told him… I did it…” Tiffany winced as she had flashbacks of her dad’s face once she told him.

 

“Told him what Ms. Hwang?”

 

“I told him that I like girls… well… a particular girl.” Jessica’s eyes widened in horror as she said this. Tiffany noticed this and grabbed her hands. “Don’t worry Jessi. I never told him it was you. He tried to beat it out of me, that’s for sure… but I would never let anything happen to you because of me.”

 

Jessica was far too angry to even register Tiffany’s affection. She rose abruptly and dragged Tiffany to the bathroom. She made sure no one was there and locked the door. “Let me see…”

 

“Huh?” Tiffany said a bit flustered as Jessica’s hand traveled through her looking for something.

 

“Where did he hit you?!”

 

“O-oh… umm…” Tiffany closed her eyes and tried to focus. “M-most of them healed… except for...”

 

Jessica watched as Tiffany lifted her shirt. Just below her bra was a large purple bruise. Jessica grazed her fingers against it. As she did, flashbacks of Tiffany’s kindness raced through her mind. Tiffany, on the other hand, was having much less innocent thoughts as she watched Jessica examine her.

 

“It doesn’t hurt anymore…” Tiffany said and put down her shirt. She couldn’t forget that her goal right now wasn’t to get Jessica in her pants but instead convince her to not take her home. “So you see Jess, I can’t go home. He’ll never let me leave unless he kills me first.”

 

“…” Jessica didn’t know what to say but she was saved by the bell as her phone rang. She picked it up never taking her eyes off of Tiffany. “Hello?... Good evening Mr. Hwang…”   

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

Yoona blinked the sleep away as she came to. She lay there for a while taking in where she was. She looked around and noticed she was lying on the kitchen floor. She felt a weight on her chest and looked down.

 

“Oh my…” She croaked when she took sight of Yuri sleeping on her. As soon as she laid eyes on Yuri her heart instantly began to beat faster. “What do I do?”

 

Yoona whispered to Yuri but she didn’t move. Yoona took the chance to do something she’d really wanted to do lately. A small smile spread through Yoona’s lips as she ran her fingers through Yuri’s hair.

 

Yoona gasped in fear and stopped when Yuri began to move. Yoona shut her eyes quickly and pretended to be asleep again.

 

Yuri opened her eyes slowly and sat up. She looked down at Yoona and groaned. “She’s even pretty when she sleeps… Hey Yoona… Yoona!”

 

Yuri shook Yoona until the younger girl ‘woke up’. Yoona was trying to act as natural as possible but she feared that the blush rising from Yuri’s comment would give her away.

 

“Yoona we fell asleep on the kitchen floor…” Yuri looked around and saw all of Yoona’s papers scattered. “Aw man your documents are all scrambled.”

 

“It’s okay… I have the plan in my head already.” Yoona helped Yuri pick up the mess she’d left before getting up abruptly. “Yuri!”

 

“…Yes?” Yuri answered unenthusiastically.

 

“Hurry up and get ready! We have tons of work to do today! Dress appropriately!”

 

“How do I dress now?”  Yuri raised an eyebrow.

 

“Y-you know… well… j-just look more business appropriate!” Yoona said and quickly turned to walk to her room. “Yes… maybe then she’ll be less hot…”

 

Yoona pictured all the older men in her father’s building that looked her up and down when she went to visit. It wouldn’t surprise her that they’d do the same to Yuri. Just thinking of that suddenly made Yoona irritated and a bit angry.

 

This feeling was creeping Yoona out like crazy! How could she feel so jealous about something hasn’t happened or about someone who’s not even hers. She looked into her vanity mirror and sighed. “Get a grip Yoong… You’re turning into Tiffany…”

 

That was when it hit her. Yoona hadn’t seen Tiffany in days. In fact she hadn’t even heard from her or Sunny. "Have I really been preoccupied with Yuri that much?"

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

Taeyeon was clearing the tables with a frown on her face.

 

“Are you sure about this T?” Hyoyeon asked her while she grabbed her purse from behind the counter.

 

“Yeah… with this foul mood I won’t be able to make any decent pastries today, plus you can use the vacation. Just take today off okay.”

 

“Thanks…” Hyoyeon walked to the door but turned back to Taeyeon once more before leaving. “I’m sure she’ll come back.”

 

Taeyeon thought back to yesterday when Sunny kissed her. She had run off and not come back to the shop yet.

 

“I’m such an idiot!” Taeyeon had beaten herself up all night when she realized she had no way to contact Sunny at all. What made her even angrier was that she had gotten so attached in so little time.  She stopped cleaning and slammed her fist against the table.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Don’t be so nervous babe!” He gently massaged her shoulders as they stood in front of a beautiful little house on the outskirts of town. “It’s only my sister!”

 

“I know that! But she’s all the family you have left. I am literally meeting your whole family!” Taeyeon put an emphasis on the ‘whole’ and looked up at her boyfriend with a funny expression. He immediately pinched her cheeks and burst into laughter.

 

“Relax Taengoo! You’ll be fine!”

 

Just then the door opened and revealed beautiful smiling girl. Although she was younger than Taeyeon, she was much taller. The girl extended her hand towards her.

 

“Hi! I’m Yuri!”

 

*End of Flashback*

 

Taeyeon now sat in one of the booths and stared blankly ahead. Sunny’s disappearing act had opened up wounds she had tried so desperately to close off.

 

*Flashback*

 

“Yuri! Yuri! What’s happening!?” Taeyeon ran up the driveway after getting a distressed call from her fiancé’s sister.

 

“Nooo! Please stop! NO!” Yuri ran grabbed hold of the men that were now emptying her house. Not one even turned to look at her; they simply pushed her to the ground and kept working.

 

Taeyeon ran to Yuri and helped her up. “Yuri! What’s going on?!”

 

‘T-they’re taking everything! Every last thing we have!” Yuri was hyperventilating as she stood there helplessly watching strangers rip apart the home she’d  lived in all her life.

 

“Why are they doing this?” Taeyeon whispered in horror.

 

Before Yuri could answer, an intimidating and built man walked up to them. He grabbed Yuri by the hair and pushed Taeyeon away when she tried to help.

 

“Who are you?!” Yuri yelled out in pain.

 

“The name’s Taecyeon and I’m your worst nightmare. Since your brother is nowhere to be found, the debt rolls on to you sweetheart. I want my money back. ALL of it. You don’t wanna pay? You’re as good as dead.” His eyes traveled down her body and he his lips. “There are others ways I can get my money’s worth.”

 

He flung Yuri to the ground and watched with a smirk as Taeyeon helped her up. “I’ll be in touch.”

 

Yuri couldn’t even respond. Her whole life had just changed in a matter of seconds. Taeyeon watched as the man walked away and then she turned to Yuri. “What is going on? What debt? Your brother told me he had quick gambling for me! Where is he?!”

 

Yuri looked towards Taeyeon with lifeless eyes. “He’s gone…”

 

*End of Flashback*  

 

Taeyeon tuned to look out the café window and whispered to no one in particular, “They’re always going to disappear aren’t they?”

 

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

So sorry for the hiatus but let me give you guys a piece of advice,

College is ing expensive! While I struggled to get loans for the past few weeks i had half a mind of just becoming a e. But the lesson here kids is to hold on to the thought that all this stress and debt will someday be worth it.

I'll upload as soon as i can, sorry for the inconvenience.

-See its so worth reading this story, Ya'll get life lessons xD-