Foreword

Strictly Yours

 

 

“But Daddy-“

 

“No buts Yoona! You want to move out? Fine, I’ll let you but only if you adhere to my conditions”

 

“Mom?!”

 

Mrs. Im sighed and put her hand on Yoona’s shoulder. “I’m sorry baby, your father is right. Its for your safety.”

 

“I can’t believe you guys! I want to become an individual but how can I if I’m always hiding behind you!”

 

Yoona’s father looked at her sympathetically. He too had gone through the same thing when he was younger. He understood Yoona’s feelings all too well, but in the family business there was no such thing as being too careful. He wanted to please his princess, he really did, but her safety was far more important.

 

“Look Yoong, how about this; You can move out, we’ll even get you a lovely house wherever you want, but you have to live with an assigned caretaker.” Yoona groaned at her father’s offer. “Hey hey hey, let me finish. If you accept our rules then I’ll make sure your caretaker isn’t a stuffy old bodyguard and instead someone about your age, who you can relate to.”

 

“Is this really what it’ll take?”

 

“Sorry baby, it’s either that or nothing. Accept your father’s offer; you know it’s for the best.” Yoona’s mother and father looked at her intently waiting for her answer.

 

“Fine…” Yoona frowned as she compromised with her parents. Whatever it takes...

 

 

 

XXXXXXXXX

 

 

 

Yuri stepped out of her taxi cab after parking it in the company’s garage. She threw the keys at the man in charge of the cars and quickly made her way to the front desk. She picked up her paycheck from the guy at the counter. She checked on it and was instantly infuriated.

 

“Hey! I worked a ton of hours this week!”

 

“Not my problem Kwon, you don’t get paid hourly. You get paid by passenger so take it or leave it.”

 

Yuri all but growled at the boy and made her way out. She walked over to her bike and put on her helmet. As she rode home all she could think about was how this definitely wasn’t going to be enough for those damn gangsters that have been terrorizing her.

 

Yuri’s brother had gathered a very large debt from gambling and after he disappeared they instantly began to harass her for the money. Her brother had disappeared 3 years ago and since then Yuri had been working many odd jobs and taking combat classes to defend herself.

 

It didn’t matter how many times she moved or changed her appearance, they always managed to find her. She decided that if she wanted to eat this week she should cash the check and buy some groceries. The gangsters could have the rest, Yuri was sure there wasn’t anything they could do to make her life any more of the hell it already was.

 

She parked her motorcycle in front of the supermarket and was about to go in when she saw a middle aged, very well dressed lady being harassed by some hooligans.

 

“Wait till my husband hears about this! You are all going to be screwed!” The lady yelled as she was being backed up into a corner.

 

Yuri had an internal battle for a second because she really wanted to help, yet this was getting into more trouble she just couldn’t afford. However her Good Samaritan side won and she rushed to the lady’s aid.

 

“Hey! Leave her alone!” Yuri stood behind the three boys that were harassing the lady. At once all three looked at each other before charging at Yuri.

 

“Big mistake.” With that Yuri was able to deflect all of their attacks and knocked them out each one by one.

 

“Oh my… Thank you so much dear! I was worried about you for a second but you sure know how to pack a punch.”

 

Yuri smiled at the lady and helped her walk over the men lying on the ground. “That’s what the streets will do to you ma’am.”

 

“Thank you very much. What is your name dear?”

 

“Kwon Yuri.”

 

“Well, Kwon Yuri, I’m Im Ji Min. I am indebted to you and I will be sure to repay you.”

 

“There’s no need Ms. Im. I’ve got to go though ma’am, are you going to be okay on your own?”

 

“Oh, yes dear my husband is just up the street. We’ll meet again Yuri, you be sure of that.”

 

“Again, it’s no trouble at all. Now if you’ll excuse me.” Yuri left and got on her bike, not wanting to be there when those boys woke up.

 

As she sped off she quickly forgot about the whole ordeal. Little did she know, Mrs. Im had already decided that Yuri would be a part of her daughter’s life, whether she wanted to or not.