Benches

Repeated Instances

Yoo Mi enjoyed fall afternoons in the park. Partially because she liked the fact that there aren't always a huge amount of people around at this time of day, as most teenagers are spending it at cyber cafe's, and partially because she can take as many photographs as she liked.  She liked how candid her photos are, and when people try to pose for her, she quickly shot the viewfinder away.

She's not sure what it is about candid shots, but she liked being able to surprise someone with a quick snap shot. It's not a lot, and by the time she's shot the photo, the person has realized that she'd take the photo. But she liked capturing once-in-a-lifetime moments.

It's while she's sitting on a bench that she caught sight of a familiar face. Aiming her camera and zooming in, she smiled when she realized that it's her co-worker. Chanyeol.

He's looking up at the sky, oblivious to everything around him as he admired the scenery. Yoo Mi can't help but feel entranced by how the tall, gangly giant seemed so happy just enjoying the view. Her eyes, not her viewfinder, move from the eyes covered by big, nerd, brown glasses to the broad shoulders and long, slim torso thats covered by a simple, blue and white button-down shirt, to the long, muscled legs clothed by skinny jeans and the black vans on large feet. Her heart raced just a tad as Yoo Mi found her hormones going just a little chaotic at the sight of Chanyeol.

Aiming her camera at him again as he got closer to her on the path, Yoo Mi pressed the shutter button, the mechanisms churning and whirling to producing a digital image of the lanky man. 

Hearing the shutter and whirl of an older model camera, Chanyeol turned towards the source, his eyes drawing forward towards his beautiful coworker, Jung Yoo Mi. She set the camera in her lap, smiling brightly at him as she beckoned him over. 

Confused, yet slightly intrigued, the older man walked over to the young woman and sat beside her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, giving him a sly look.

Chanyeol felt a smile tugging at his lips, "I like taking walks in the park. School work was getting to be too much today," he said, bending over to place his elbows on his knees, his jean clad legs almost brushing Yoo Mi's , short-clad ones, "What about you?"

"I take photographs of people," she simply stated.

"Oh. I figured that much out the other day," he said playfully.

She chuckled, "Yeah, sorry about that. I like taking candid shots," she shrugged, "Hey, about the other night. That must of been a lot for you to walk in on."

Chanyeol could feel his cheeks growing red as Yoo Mi giggled at him surprised expression.

"Did you like what you saw?" she teased, nudging him with her shoulder.

Chanyeol cleared his throat, shaking his head, "Why where you guys even in there?"

"We couldn't go anywhere else. That was the only room with enough space," she said, yawning as if to say she didn't care that Chanyeol had seen her having with his best friend, "From what Baek tells me though, it was mostly a shock to you seeing me ," she said, eyeing him incredelously.

Chanyeol shook his head. He had thought Yoo Mi just had issues with just staying in spot long enough. Apparently she also had issues with sublety.

"I don't think thats really any of your business," he said, sighing.

Yoo Mi sighed, "I was only assuming. Baek isn't exactly shy in telling people what you're like in bed," she shook her head, "Lighten up. You're so frigid," and before she can stop, the next words flow out of , "No wonder thats what a stupid routine, boring life does to you. Glad I didn't stick around long enough for it."

Chanyeol looked at the young woman in astonishment. He wish he had a comeback for her, but all he can do is say, "I'm sure that most people like it. Better then going from place to place."

Yoo Mi shrugged, standing up, "I don't know what it is about a boring life you find so amusing, Chanyeol. But I find it as a way of wasting time."

"Why?"

She looked at him, "Because you don't appreciate your mornings or your nights," and with that said, the petite, young woman grabbed her items and left Chanyeol sitting on the park bench, alone.