Move Around

Repeated Instances

When Chanyeol woke up the next morning he woke to the smell of something cooking in the kitchen. Groaning, he rolled onto his side, reaching out for the warm body of his newly acquired girlfriend. When his hand came in contact with nothing, his eyes blurredly opened, frowning when he saw an empty space next to him.

Sighing, he sat up in bed, looking around for Yoo Mi and could faintly hear her voice coming from the kitchen. Putting two and two together, he pulled some clothes on and walked out of his room. Smiling lightly to himself, he rounded the corner and found, not just Yoo Mi, but also Baekhyun, who stood behind his girlfriend, hands on her hips, while she stood in front of the stove clad in her underwear and one of Chanyeol's shirts.

A little miffed, but a little pleased when Baekhyun finally moved away, he came up behind Yoo Mi, thinking nothing of it when he wrapped his arms around her slim waist.

"What're you making?" he asked, watching over her shoulder.

Yoo Mi stiffened a bit, trying to shake him off as she continued cooking, "Kimchi fried rice. Did we wake you up?"

"No," Chanyeol said, a little confused, pulled his arms back slightly, settling his hands on her slim hips as he continued to watch over her. Yoo Mi, still a little tense, continued to make breakfast as he stood behind her, rubbing circles into her hips, the shirt she wore beginning to bunch up around her waist.

When Baekhyun walked past them, Chanyeol instinctively pressed up against Yoo Mi, gently pushing her up against the stove a little more and his hands slid across to rest against her pelvis. Yoo Mi shifted slightly away from him as she finished making the food.

Turning away from the stove, she glanced up at Chanyeol and gave him a tiny smile before brushing past him and putting the food onto plates. He followed, observing her actions and astounded by how quiet and small she seemed to make herself. Almost drawn back and a little more reserved then usual.

He was broken out of his chain of thought when Baekhyun re-entered the kitchen.

"We should do something today, you guys!" he suggested happily, sitting down at the table, "Have you been around Seoul a whole lot since you moved here, Yoo Mi?"

Yoo Mi sat down beside Chanyeol at the table, smiling and shaking her head, "Not a whole lot. Been too busy."

"Well, your boyfriend needs to take you out today!" Baekhyun said, finality in his voice, "We can take you to Hongdae, and maybe go to the Free Park too. What do you say, Chanyeol?" he finished, turning towards his roommate.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, "If you want?" 

"I'm sure Yoo Mi would love it. Do you have your camera, Mi-yah?" Baekhyun continued, barely giving either one time to answer.

"Always do, Baekhyunnie."

"Great! Hongdae's great for crafts and artsy stuff. You'll love it! Maybe we should go to a club tonight. What about Club Heaven*?"

Yoo Mi stiffened and shook her head, "I don't really like that club. Lets just keep it to Hongdae today."

Baekhyun pouted, "But Club Heaven is the best~! One of my brothers friends works there and always gets us in right away," he turned to Chanyeol, "Remember when Jun Ho got us into one of the VIP rooms a couple months ago? I miss that. Maybe Baekbeum-hyung can call him up again."

Yoo Mi almost choked on her food, looking up at Baekhyun in shock, "You're brother is friends with Kim Jun Ho?"

Baekhyun and Chanyeol both looked over at the younger, Baekhyun answering, "Yeah, do you know him?"

Yoo Mi stared at the wall blankly for a second as she thought about the name.

A younger Yoo Mi put her arms around her knees and drew them up to her chest as she burried her head into her lap, quiet sobs wracking her tiny body. Earlier that day she'd had to attend her mother's funeral, and the sudden reality that she would never see her mother again, had finally hit.

And it'd hit hard.

"Yoo Mi-yah? Yoo mi-yah?" someone called.

Yoo Mi sniffled and looked up, shakily standing up to open the door to the bedroom she'd locked herself in. Upon pushing the door open, she saw her older cousin, Jun Ho, on the other side.

He smiled softly at her, stepping into the room, "How you feel, kiddo?"

She smiled brokenly, nodding, "I'm fine. What are you doing up here, Jun Ho-oppa?"

He shrugged, sitting down on the table, "I was wondering if you'd like to come out with me tonight. I'm going to a nearby club over in Gangnam."

"But... the funeral..." she said, confused as to how he could possibly think about going out after his aunt, her mother, had just been burried earlier that day.

He sighed, standing up and placing his hands on her dainty shoulders, "Look, I know you're sad, Yoo Mi. But, your mom would definently not want you to just sit around and do nothing. She loved going out on the weekends with my mom and her sisters when they were younger. I still don't get why you guys never came back to Seoul."

"Appa has the store!" she stated.

Jun Ho looked at her as if to say she could have given him a better excuse, "And he couldn't have moved it when he saw how sick she was?"

That left Yoo Mi silent. She looked around the room, deciding that Jun Ho had a point. If her mother had loved Seoul so much, she wanted to see what was so great about it. 

That night, she stayed out til almost three in the morning, wondering how she could have ever liked living in Dangjin when Seoul had so much more to offer.

"Yoo Mi? Yoo Mi~?"

"Yah, Yoo Mi!"

Yoo Mi looked up to see Chanyeol and Baekhyun still sitting beside and in front of her, respectively. Clearing , she smiled lightly, "Yes?"

"I asked you if you knew Jun Ho?" Baekhyun reiterated.

Yoo Mi thought about her answer for a moment before shaking her head, "Never met him before in my life," she said, shrugging her shoulders indifferently, "Must have thought about someone else."

Chanyeol looked at her for a minute, noting the slight tense of her body, and could clearly tell she was lying. Unsure as to why, and unsure as to how to go about going her, he left her alone.

Baekhyun shrugged, "So it's settled: we'll go to Hongdae as soon as we're done eating. Arasso?"

The couple nodded, both off in their own little world.