Train Rides - Prologue

Repeated Instances

Jung Yoo Mi finds it kind of funny how people can continously do the same thing day in and day out, when she gets bored of the same thing within a few days. She finds no pleasure in a routine, and she continously finds herself boarding a train to go to a new town.

Currently, she finds herself on a train going from Gangwon, Donghae* to Mapo,* Seoul, eating some food she had bought from a vending machine during a connection to another train. The bit of money she has on her will keep her going long enough for her to find a cheap motel (if there's any) in Mapo, before she can find a job, earn more money and go somewhere else.

Yoo Mi sighs, pulling her legs up onto the seat opposite her as she watches the scenery pass her by. She's not one for getting attached, its something her mother would warn her about, but she likes train rides.

She likes the feeling of going from town to town, meeting new people and getting a taste of the atmosphere.

The she's able to have with complete strangers is also not a bad part of the deal. Although, she finds she's not a fan of the guy getting attached to her, as has happened several times now.

Yoo Mi was not always like this. Several years ago, she's not entirely sure when, she was much calmer. She helped her father out at his shop, was a studious student, and loved her everday, boring, routine.

However, once she graduated from high school, she found herself packing her bags.

Not to move away to college.

And not to move into an apartment.

No, she chose instead to travel South Korea, (and several stops in Japan after she somehow decided to hop onto a ferry to take her to the western coast of the country of the rising sun). She chose to take her chances and see what the world had to offer her.

Yoo Mi is sure that she won't stop what she's doing for a while. She's been going on this travelling phase for over two years.

Spend a few months here, a few months there. Get enough money to last her awhile then go onto the next town and start all over.

Jung Yoo Mi hates routine. But, she thinks if there's one routine she's willing to keep is always leaving.

Always starting over.


Gangwon, Donghae* - A city located along the Eastern coastline of South Korea. It is known for its beautiful scenery, having a ferry line that connects Russia, South Korea and Japan, and for being one of the cities that Super Junior's Donghae is supposed to have lived in at one point.

Mapo* - A popular Seoul district known for it's numerous clubs and shops.