Adventures in Hongdae

Repeated Instances

When Yoo Mi had agreed to go with Baekhyun and Chanyeol to Hongdae to look around, she was pretty sure that neither of the boys expected her to be so incredibly happy about it. After her little moment in their kitchen, and stealing one of Chanyeol's button-ups in order to turn it into a sleeveless dress, she'd dragged the two boys down to the shopping area. 

Upon arriving, she'd dragged them inside a store that sold film. Intent on getting some for her camera, she looked at the different canisters.

Baekhyun, in the meantime, went to chat with the young woman at the front, telling Chanyeol that he was gonna do everything he could, 'to score her number, giant.'

Chanyeol shook his head, sending his friend before going off in search of Yoo Mi. He walked down the aisles, looking at some different types of polaroid film canisters. He picked one up that was rainbow covered, raising an eyebrow at the blatant flamboyant background, wondering just who in their right mind would end up getting a hold of the film. Shrugging, and not really wanting to answer that question, he set it back down and turned down the aisle, coming to a stop when he saw Yoo Mi a few feet away.

She stood in front of an older model camera, clearly a replica of a past model, gently picking it up and turning it this way and that. She smiled ever so slightly, her eyes crinkling up at the edges as she inspected the item.

Chanyeol quietly walked up to her, his footsteps alerting the shorter of his presence.

Yoo Mi looked up at him and smiled, motioning to the camera, "My mom had one just like this one. I had to make sure it wasn't the same one," she said, laughing lightly.

He smiled, taking the camera from her and looking at it. It was a simple Nikon camera, a model that had come out when they were just children. It's silver plating wrapping around the top of the camera. The iconic red line drawn down the red side was bold and attracted your eye to it.

It wasn't a very special looking camera, Chanyeol thought as he handed it back over to Yoo Mi.

"You should let her know. Maybe she'll come down and see it," he said, smiling, "Does she like photography as much as you?" he teased.

Yoo Mi's smile fell a little, looking down at the camera before placing it back, "She did," she simply said before turning away and walking past Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, but was even more surprised when she took his hand and tugged him down an aisle, "Come on, let's go look at some of the film over here, Chanyeol-yah."