Strings Attached

Repeated Instances

Songs on the set are: Payphone - Maroon 5, Haru Haru - Big Bang, Someone Like You - Adele, Blue - Big Bang, and I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz.


Park Chanyeol thinks its funny how his manager decided that a night before a big exam tomorrow, he had to work until almost midnight. What's funnier still, is how he didn't think to tell his manager that he wouldn't be able to come in, but instead, accepted to come in on his day off.

"Of all things..." he grumbled to the mirror as he fixes his shirt, "Of all nights.." with one last tug at his shirt to stay tucked into his pants, he emerged from the restroom, spotting his fellow co-worker, classmate, and best friend, Byun Baekhyun.

"What's with you?" the shorter, yet older, of the two questioned as he looked up at Chanyeol.

He sighed, shaking his head as he looked to the bar where he can see his manager standing, talking to a young woman, "Nothing. Just wondering how I'm gonna study for tomorrow's exam."

"Your fault you didn't say not to the boss," Baekhyun said, shrugging, "Now come on. Get your guitar. You're about to perform."

Chanyeol nodded, grabbing a black guitar case. He smiled, as he does every time upon picking up his black case. He loved the feel of the strings plucking through his fingers, and of the dull vibration that runs through the wooden instrument and through his fingers.

And for every three nights a week, he is able to enjoy playing his guitar for the customers of the restraunt. It is not as glamorous a job as the ones of the idols he sees on tv, but it makes him happy. He liked the routine of his life, however boring it might get.

That night, he played through a new set. Five renditions of popular songs, and all ones he's learned to play by ear. Chanyeol finds comfort in learning new songs, and in the way the crowd of customers silently listen to him.

Of course, Chanyeol will say he's not one for boasting about most things. Most people hardly know that the 6'1" gangly, derpy, giant, knows how to play the guitar, so it's always a pleasure of his to surprise people with his ability to play his beloved instrument.

Once he's done with his set, Chanyeol looked up into a crowd that claps loudly. He smiled, bowing before hurrying off the stage where Baekhyun shook his head upon seeing the taller's hands.

"You forgot to bandage them again."

Chanyeol looked down to see cut up fingers, and a few blisters already forming. But, as he tended to forget to bandage his fingers before, and more then once, his callous, nimble hands are used to the abuse he puts them through.

Smiling at his best friend, Chanyeol shrugged, "Oh well. I'll try and remember next time. How many tips did I get?" he asked, walking with Baekhyun to the back of the restraunt, where they fetch some aprons and tie them around their waists.

Baekhyun shrugged, pointing to the tip jar by the stage, "Not sure. Go check, but help me with this table first," he pleaded, grabbing a few trays and handing them off to the giant, "It's a huge family. I swear, I think they brought three generations with them."

Customers turn towards the sound of Chanyeol's deep guffaws, shrugging before turning away.

The manager of the restraunt looked over at the two waiters, shaking his head before turning back to the young woman in front of him, "So when can you start?"

"As soon as possible."

"Come back in tomorrow. I'll have a uniform ready for you."

The young woman nodded, bowing to the man as she turned and walked off. As she did so, she looked up to see she was passing by Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Catching the gaze of the taller, she nods once before leaving.

Chanyeol found his eye's straying after the young woman, before turning to his friend, "Who was that?"

Baekhyun shrugged, "New girl. Starting tomorrow I think. Name's Yoo Mi."

Chanyeol nodded, turning back to the trays in his arms as he went to help Baekhyun and do the same job as he had done for the past three years.

Park Chanyeol likes routine. It's simple and uncomplicated.