Chase

Repeated Instances

"Where are you going?"

Chanyeol looked up from his spot by his bed, catching sight of Baekhyun by the door. His hands stopped form placing clothes into a small suitcase, turning to face his best friend.

"To go find Yoo Mi," he said, trying to look as confidant as he didn't feel.

Baekhyun frowned, nodding as he walked in and sat on Chanyeol's bed, "Have you thought of where to start?"

Chanyeol sighed, sitting beside his best friend. That's what he'd been asking himself since he'd decided three days ago to go after Yoo Mi. The only lead he had was what her landlady had said Yoo Mi had said before leaving.

"I'm going to settle somethings for a little while and I'm not sure if I'll be able to come back."

"I think she might have gone back to her hometown," he finally said, turning to look at his best friend.

Baekhyun made a little sound to let him know he was listening, looking at a spot on the wall. Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows, wondering why the shorter was quiet.

After a while, Baekhyun finally sighed, turning to him, "Why are you going after her, Chanyeol?"

"I love her," Chanyeol saidI  confidantly.

"Are you sure she wants to be found though. She might want to be on her own for a while," Baekhyun responded.

Chanyeol shut up about that. Of course he'd thought of that, but he wanted her back. He hadn't been sure if she would listen to his voicemail, but he had hoped she would. It had been a lot to put out there, but it'd been something he felt he should have said from the very start.

"I don't know, Baek. Honestly, I don't know. I just wanna find her and hope she listens to me."

Baekhyun nodded, his hand suddenly going to retrieve something from the pocket of his hoodie. When he pulled his hand back, he showed Chanyeol what he held.

A short piece of paper, almost a scrap someone had written on.

Someone with the same handwriting as Yoo Mi.

Chanyeol took it, his hand trembling as he read it over. 

"Yoo Mi sent that to me about two weeks ago. She said not to say anything to you because she wasn't sure if she'd stay for very long." Baekhyun said, sighing, "She sent that when she was down in Daecheon. Yoo Mi said she had bought a ticket to Dangjin, but she didn't say for what... I dug around and," he shook his head, "I found out my brother knows her cousin. The one from the club."

Chanyeol turned to him, his eyes widened.

"Turns out, Yoo Mi's from Dangjin, Yeol," Baekhyun said slowly, "But she left a few years ago. Her cousin wouldn't say why; I'm pretty sure he wasn't so sure of it himself. The way he described her when she was younger, sounds a lot different from our Yoo Mi."

"Why?" Chanyeol croaked out.

"She was one of the top students in her class. Her father owns a local shop, been in the family for several generations apparently, ever since after the war. I guess her mother was originally from Seoul, went down to Dangjin one summer, fell in love with Yoo Mi's father, and stayed there," Baekhyun bit his lip, uncertainty filling him as he continued, "Her mother died a few years ago and she's burried over there. Her cousin wouldn't say why or how she died, but apparently, that messed up Yoo Mi bad from the bits he got from his mom and her dad."

Chanyeol shook his head, closing his eyes, feeling Baekhyun put a hand on his shoulder.

"Whatever it was that happened, Yoo Mi was never the same afterwards. I think that's why she's always leaving, Yeol. Her cousin didn't even know she was in Seoul til I tracke him down," Baekhyun's grip tightened on Chanyeol's shoulder, "If she was telling the truth, you're on the right path. You need to go and find her and bring her back."

Chanyeol nodded, standing up, "I will. I need her back here, Baek."

Baekhyun nodded, standing up next to him and walking to the door, "Go and find her."

"Chase her down."