Changing Topics

Repeated Instances

Several weeks passed and Yoo Mi found herself still wanting to be with Chanyeol. 

Usually, the attraction she felt towards someone didn't last very long, and even when it did, she didn't allow it to run its course. But, with Chanyeol, she found herself wanting to be around him a majority of her time. Yoo Mi never felt like he wasn't worth her time as she usually felt with most of her previous lovers. 

The occassional was actually even better then what she'd previously had. Yoo Mi wasn't sure if this was because she had a mutual attraction for Chanyeol; since the couldn't be considered especially special in terms of how it was done in comparison to who she'd been with before, or if it was because Chanyeol was just that good in bed.

Regardless, she enjoyed it.

Yet, she never tried to tell him more then absolute most basic about herself. Even though Yoo Mi could, at this point, consider him her boyfriend, she couldn't bring hersef to tell him some of the most intimate details about herself.

Like when he'd ask about her parents, or what she had been like when she'd been younger, she'd quickly change the topic as she'd done a couple weeks ago.

Chanyeol stirred his coffee, looking up when he felt, rather then heard, the flash of his girlfriend's camera go off. Looking up, he smiled at her.

"Have you always liked photography?" he asked.

Yoo Mi nodded, smiling back as she pocketed the camera, "Especially candid photography. There's something about catching split second moments that you can never re-do that just gets to me," she explained.

He nodded, "Do you get it from your parents? Are they photographers?"

Yoo Mi stiffened slightly, a look he couldn't discern crossing her face for a second before she displayed a nonchalant expression and shrugged.

"Not really," she said, "How's school been?" she asked, changing the conversation.

Yoo Mi sighed as she entered her apartment. It wasn't that she didn't like talking abotu her past...

No, actually it was just that.

She wasn't comfortable about letting somebody else know everything about her. She'd left her hometown for that exact same reason. Letting someone know too much gave them too much power over you. 

And Yoo Mi just wasn't very accepting of that fact.