Small Basic Space

Repeated Instances

Yoo Mi had just sat down to eat when she heard someone knock at her door. Raising her eyebrows, she stood up and went over to ehr door, surprised by who she saw through the peephole.

"How do you know where I live?" she asked, upon opening the door.

Her tall giant of a boyfriend simply smiled, stepping through and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek, "Our boss gave me your address," he looked around her small apartment, "I like your place."

"Thanks," she said, closing the door behind her and walking into the living room with him, "Why did Wu Fan give you my address?"

He pulled an envelope out of his pocket, "To give you you're paycheck. Considering it's been almost four days since we got paid and you haven't gone to get it yet."

She took it, shrugging, "I've been busy," she said, opening it as Chanyeol turned around and looked around her apartment.

It was by no means spacious. The place had to be about 3/4 the size of his and Baekhyun's apartment, and their apartment was by no means big either. Yet, he noticed that Yoo Mi had definently done her bit by decorating it to suit her likes. The living room had sliding doors leading out onto the small balcony, with vertical blinds giving Yoo Mi more privacy. She had a small, black couch and recliner set up against one wall with a coffee table in the middle and a small tv stand with an equally small tv on top. 

From there, led a small hallway that had the entracne to her bedroom on one side and her restroom on the other side. Glancing into the restroom, Chanyeol could see it was just like any other restroom he'd seen in apartments, albeit cleaner then his at least. Looking into the bedroom told a better story of who his girlfriend was. Her bed was pushed up underneath the window and against a wall, blue sheets, blankets, two pillows and a plush toy, that, looking at the wear on the animal, he could Yoo Mi had, had the toy several years, sat atop of two mattresses, one on top of the other, that served as her bed. The desk he went with her to purchase a few weeks before, was against the wall closest to the door, as was her bookshelf that held a few books. Her computer and phone sat ontop of the desk, and her closet door, revealing the limited amount of clothes she had, was slightly open.

The pictures she had on the walls depicted her life in short snapshots that never once gave way of who her parents were. Friends, that she had. But from what Chanyeol could see, Yoo Mi had no photos at all of her parents. Shrugging, he brushed the thought aside. Her views on that matter were her own, and he wasn't going to intrude on it. 

He closed her bedroom door, and walked back towards where Yoo Mi was sitting on the couch.

Looking at her, he raised an eyebrow, as her look of distaste at the, supposedly offensive, piece of paper in her hands was evident.

"What's wrong?" he asked, sitting down and putting an arm around her shoulders.

She shrugged, setting the paycheck aside, "Nothing. Just not enough money to get out of here yet. Just enough for bills and a little saved up afterwards. Like always."

He frowned, "Are you moving into another apartment? What's wrong with this one?" he asked.

"Nothing," Yoo Mi said, "There's nothing wrong with the apartment. I mean, I want to get out of the city. But this city eats up all my money so quick. I've been here almost six months, and I'll probably be here even longer what with the fact that I have to stay with winter coming in."

Chanyeol pulled away from her, a flash of anger coursing through him, "Whats wrong with staying in one place?"

"What's wrong with seeing the world?" she countered, turning to look at him.

"You have your whole life to see it!" he snapped, getting angry.

Yoo Mi narrowed her eyes at him, "Hey, whats your problem? Why do you care if I leave?"

"You're my girlfriend! How am I not going to care?!" he yelled, standing up.

Yoo Mi stood up herself, "Calm down. Besides, Chanyeol, nothing lasts forever."

"I'm not asking it to," he growled, "But I'm really ing confused as to why you seem to want to get away so quickly."

"Because I have my whole life to be boring!"

"What's boring about staying in one place?!"

"Everything! The routine, the people, everything!"

He shook his head, "And whats so great about leaving? You don't have anyone! You have to start over from scratch all the time!"

Yoo Mi looked at him for before turning away, "Get out."

"Excuse me?" he said, shocked.

She turned to him, angry, "I said, get out!" she yelled at him, "You're just like my father, Chanyeol. You're no better then him! I don't need anybody."

He threw his hands in the air and turned away from her, grabbing his things, "Fine. You don't need anybody. Then I'll get out of your life," he opened the door, "Having a nice night, Yoo Mi," he said, slamming the door close.

Yoo Mi shifted, her arms crossed tightly against her chest. She looked away and ignored the burning sensation in the back of her eyes. She looked down and picked up her paycheck, stuffing it into her bag that sat by the side of the couch. Standing up, she wiped her eyes, cursing herself, and Chanyeol, as she walked into her room, slamming her door shut.