Routine Waitressing

Repeated Instances

Chanyeol looked around at the numerous tables around him. He was surprised that the restraunt happened to be as busy as it was, considering it was a Wednesday, and most people usually came in for a drink, not necessarily for the type of dinners he was waiting on.

Sighing, he adjusted his apron as he went behind the counter to refill some drinks, looking up as his new co-worker, came up next to him.

Glancing down at the young woman out of the corner of his eye he admired the S-line of her body, appreciating the curves that were there, and admiring the otherwise straight angles. Chanyeol knew an attracted young woman when he saw one, especially one who had an otherwise rare body type in South Korea, and he wasn't shy on expressing the fact that he found his co-worker attractive.

"See something you like?" the young woman asked, interrupting his train of thought.

Chanyeol snapped his eye's back up to meet her gaze, "Maybe," he said, smirking lightly.

The young woman chuckled, turning to him, "Jung Yoo Mi. You're Chanyeol, right?"

"Right. You're new, aren't you?"

"Of course," she said, smiling, "Have you worked here for very long?"

He proudly smiled, "Three years now."

He's not sure what it is about this response that throws the young woman off, but he watched as a brief look of distaste crossed her otherwise, pretty face, before being replaced by a playful smile once more.

"That's a while. Haven't you gotten sick of it yet?"

Chanyeol shook his head. Truth be told, he loved his job. He loved working three nights a week and waiting on people. It's certaintly not by all means what he wanted to do for the rest of his life, but it's definently what makes him happy now. Chanyeol liked the routine that school and work gave him, and saw no point in ending it.

Yoo Mi nodded, "What is it about the job you like so much?"

"The routine," he honestly answered, "I like knowing what I have to do every day."

"You don't get tired of it?"

Chanyeol thougth about that for a while, before shaking his head, "No."

"It's mind-numbing though, isn't it?"

He can't answer that. How can he make her see that it's not the job itself he found appealing, but rather the people he encountered. It's about getting up on the stage and playing for a crowd that quietly listened until the end.

"I just like my job. Don't you?"

Yoo Mi shook her head, "It's just a job. Besides, I'll be out of here soon anyways," and with that said, she grabbed her pitcher of water and left the area. Chanyeol sighed, knowing that somehow, someway, he'd something wrong.

Although, to him, it's not wrong. A routine worked for him as much as he guessed that Yoo Mi liked to leave. She seemed the type, he could tell that much from his first impression of her.

As for Yoo Mi, she couldn't help but be slightly put off by Chanyeol. She couldn't see what it was about his routine, boring life he seemed to like and proudly talk about. For her, it was dull. It was mind-numbing. Sure, the people were nice enough, and sure the place wasn't that bad, but it was repititive.

Neither of them could understand their first impressions of the other.