Spontaneous Snap Shot

Repeated Instances

Yoo Mi found herself hating Seoul after only three days. The beautiful city had managed to eat up her resources quickly, leaving her trapped at a motel, surviving on what little money she still had saved..

It's safe to say that the young woman will not be leaving the city for quite some time.

But, as Seoul is large enough for her to not get too bored it very quickly, she compromised. Yoo Mi chose to stay on for longer then she usually did, mostly because she was broke anyways, and decided she'd find an apartment.

She sighed and grabbed her bag, flinging it over her shoulder as she went to her new job as a waitress. It's not the sort of work she particularly liked to do, but as far as jobs in Mapo went, the pay wasn't that bad, and the uniform wasn't hideous either.

Yoo Mi looked down at her feet, noting the olive tone her skin was beginning to take and reminded herself to buy whitening cream. It was the one of the few luxuries she ever allowed herself.

The other, just so happened to be shown at that moment. She looked up to see a flock of birds soaring overhead. Taking out the camera she always kept in her bag, she took several pictures of the scene above her.

People stopped and stared at the young woman who seemed entranced by an everyday sort of occurance, but for Yoo Mi, they were precious, once-in-a-lifetime, type of moments.

She loved the way that every photograph told a story all on its own. Moments that could never be done over, or retaken, were all accessible to be captured and seen by hundreds.

But that was just it: they were moments never redone.

That is the thing about photography that Yoo Mi finds so utterally addicting and endearing that she can't help but take hundreds of photos. Throughout her travels, her bag has weighed heavier from the places, scenes and people she's encountered.

A snap shot of a moment is worth more to her then a beautiful house with a wonderful family. It's the way she is able to remember that the repition in life can be broken with some of the smallest events in her life.

This is how she spent her time, taking photographs and selling them off to people who may want them. Perhaps she had an eye for these sorts of things, and she certaintly believed so as she continued to make her way towards her job, smiling as she saw her co-worker - Chansung? Changmin? Chan-what, again? - and spontaneously aimed her camera at him and snapped a photo.

As Yoo Mi pulled the camera back she finally remembers the young man's name - Chanyeol - as his face appeared in her digital screen, a wide-eyed expression caught in the moment.