Home?

Repeated Instances

Yoo Mi looked down at her lap as she sat in the plush seat of the train she was currently on. 

After Chanyeol had left that night, she'd done nothing but stay home for a couple of days. She'd called in at work the first two days, before quitting by the third. By then, she'd simply thought over what Chanyeol had said, deciding that he was right, she was better off by herself. 

It was then she realized that she also sort of was in love with him. And instead of coming to full-terms to it, she left. She'd packed her bags, turned over her key to her landlady, and left.

So now, she found herself on a train for the fifth time in the last three months, trying to think of where to go. Yoo Mi wasn't sure why for, but all she could think of was her mother, yelling at her to leave, to get out of Dangjin.

Even though she wanted to go back to see Chanyeol. Everything within her yelled at her to flee, but some small part of her told her to go back.

Yoo Mi wasn't sure what part of her this was.

She suddenly lurched forward when the train came to a stop, her head connecting with the seat in front of her. Groaning, she pulled back and looked up, rubbing her forehead as an announcement came over the speakers.

"We are now in Daecheon. Please exist the train car if this is your desired stop."

Yoo Mi got up, filtering out with the rest of the crowd leaving the train car. She looked up at a map of the country that hung on a bulletin board in front of the boarding area, spotting Dangjin on the map easily. Walking up to it, she was surprised to see how close she was to Dangjin. 

Biting her lower lip, her eyes traced the bus line from the station to Dangjin's local bus line, a nagging thought forming in her thoughts.

Sighing, she stepped back and walked over to the ticket window, tapping on the window once. The older woman on the other side of the glass looked up and nodded at her, pushing the small intercom button to allow her to speak.

Yoo Mi breathed in slowly, her voice slightly trembling as she spoke.

"How much for a ticket to Dangjin?"