Bow Wow Wow

A Day In The Life of Exo

Today’s the day, Suho insists to himself as he leans back in his seat, legs grazing the heated metal on the chair. He tilts his face a little upward so that the warmth of the sun can touch his skin, the manager-hyung’s warning lecture about the idyllic nature of pale-skinned idols (the entirety of which Jongin pouted through, nuzzling into Kyungsoo) long forgotten. All that mattered now was the quiet, peaceful noises of children laughing on the play structure, dogs yapping as they dash after balls, the sound of a grown man screaming like a baby as several others guffaw around him-

 

Suho’s eyes snap open.

 

“Oh !” somebody shouts, disrupting the nearby parents, who then cling to their children’s arms and tug them away despite squeals of protest.

 

Oh is exactly right, Suho thinks as he finds the group of eleven men. He’s certain he hadn’t left a note, how the hell did they find him?

 

“Hyung?” Chanyeol is shouting now, voice naturally louder than anyone armed with a megaphone. “Hyung, where are you?”

 

Chanyeol is on his toes, scanning the park for any sign of his beloved leader-hyung. When Chanyeol’s eyes dart a little too close for Suho’s taste, he jumps up with the intention of running away, then finds himself projected skyward and landing unceremoniously in the dirt behind the park bench with a very, very manly squeak of terror.

 

To his horror, he feels a large pair of hands hooking under his armpits and pulling him to his feet. Plenty more hands dart out to brush dirt off his clothes and comb leaves out of his hair.

 

“Silly hyung,” Chanyeol reprimands, “What are you doing here all by yourself? You’re so silly! I know we’ve forgotten a member or two once in a while, but to forget all eleven before taking a trip to the park?”

 

Chanyeol bursts out into laughter as the other members filter through the little dirt path back onto the running track. As Chen passes, he gives Suho a conciliatory nod and a light pat on the back. “You’re getting pretty up there in years, Suho, it looks like you’re starting to lose what little mental comprehension you had.”

 

“Why don’t you sit down, Suho? I wouldn’t want you to bust a hip trying to keep up with us youngsters,” Luhan says with a somber nod, using a hand on Suho’s back to guide him to the bench.

 

I’m younger than you, Suho barely manages to keep himself from hissing.

 

He sits himself back down on the bench and wrestles his mind into silence, refusing to let his band members dampen what was supposed to be a calm and relaxing meditation period. He took a deep breath.

 

“Hyung, look, I’m gonna break dance!”

 

One.

 

“Ah, ! I think it’s broken!”

 

Two.

 

“I don’t think Kyungsoo will have a Band-Aid big enough for that, Chanyeol...”

 

Three.

 

“Hey, Sehun, I bet I can get that girl’s phone number before you can.”

 

Four.

 

“I’m not playing.”

 

Five.

 

“Why not, spoilsport?”

 

Six.

 

“Her uniform says elementary school student on it, Luhan. I don’t want to be arrested.”

 

Seven.

“What are you doing with that, Chen? Where the hell did you even find a bag of-?” Crash.

 

Eight.

 

“Ah, ! I fell! , , , you guys, my ankle! I think I broke my- wait, where did all these marbles come from?”

 

Nine.

 

“Lina, baby, don’t put that in your mouth!”

 

Suho’s eyes snapped open. They had brought the baby along? Now that he thought about it, he might have seen a blur of pink and white ruffles clinging to one of Jongin’s legs when they all arrived. He was on his feet immediately, about to scurry over to the sandpit where Kai’s baby sister was trying her best to swallow a live worm despite her brother’s half-hearted swats of protest.

 

Before he could, he found himself face first on the ground for the second time that day. He reached out to grab whatever it was that he had tripped over. As he glanced down at his hand, he realized that he was holding a dog leash, attached to a very wriggly Labrador.

 

“Oh my God!” a woman’s voice exclaimed, “Thank you so much!”

 

She jogged up to him, taking the leash from his hand with a thankful bow. “I thought I was going to lose you, Tyke!” she says to the dog, ruffling its fur. She offers her free hand to Suho in way of introduction, but he’s distracted by her workout clothing, or rather lack thereof.

 

“Hi?” she says again, arm still extended. He takes it and shakes, forcing his eyes away from a very pretty belly button, and he’s confused because he had never paid any particular attention to belly buttons, but then all of a sudden this woman comes into his life and he thinks that he might have just been into orbit around this dainty little belly button, like the sun around the moon, or wait, that’s not quite right, and come to think of it, he hadn’t done quite too well in astronomy when he was in school, and-

 

“Excuse me?”

 

Suho looks away from the belly button and up into her eyes, and finds himself wondering if maybe he could orbit around three things instead, or maybe just all of her. He’d be very content if the rest of his lifetime could be spent running in circles around this woman.

 

“And yours?”

 

Suho snaps back into the conversation just a tad too late.

 

“Huh?” he asks.

 

“You didn’t hear me?” she says with a quirked eyebrow. “I said my name is Jae Mi. What’s yours?”

 

“Jumyeon,” he answers absentmindedly as his eyes slide back to the belly button.

 

“Thanks so much for rescuing Tyke, Junmyeon. I really appreciate it. He’s like a baby to me. I don’t even know how to thank you, I just- oh!”

 

She smacks a hand to her forehead and grins brightly, and Suho thinks in the back of his head that it looks just like a sun, and he can’t decide if he’d rather orbit around this glowing grin or that mystifying belly button.

 

“There’s a little coffee cart over there, Junmyeon! We should go! My treat!”

 

“Sure,” he answers before he realizes what he’s saying, and he finds himself being tugged away, Tyke following close behind him to nip at his heels.

 

“So,” Jae Mi says as she hands him a coffee drowned in creamer and sugar, “I’m going to need to find a better way to thank you. Here!”

 

She scribbles a series of numbers onto a napkin and presses it into his hand.

 

“Call me sometime. We can go on a date.”

“Really?” Suho asks, voice cracking with surprise. He clears his throat and tries to salvage the smidge of his manliness he has left. “Yeah, sure. What do you like to do?”

 

“I really love coming here to walk my dogs.”

 

“Oh, me, too,” Suho replies absentmindedly, attention fixated on that ridiculously fascinating belly button.

 

“Oh, you have dogs? I have-”

 

“SUHO HYUNG!”

 

She turns to the source of the sound (Chanyeol with a squirrel clamped onto his finger, of course) with wide eyes. “Whoa, Junmyeon, it almost looks like he’s looking straight at you.”

 

“I can’t imagine why. So you were saying?” Suho tries to press on.

 

“I have four dogs. This little rascal is Tyke, his brothers are Mike, Psych, and Pike. How many do you have?”

 

“SUHO OH MY GOD CALL AN AMBULANCE I THINK HIS FINGER IS COMING OFF!”

 

Suho shuts his eyes and forces a smile. “Eleven.”


Thanks for reading the new installation of A Day in the Life ^^ I hope you liked it! Thank you to all of the commenters, subscribers, and upvoters for your support~! Please let me know what you think of the chapter~