Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

A Day In The Life of Exo

“Good night, princess,” Suho whispers quietly as he tucks a fuzzy blanket in around Lina’s body and brushes a stray lock of hair out of her sleeping face. “You, too, princess,” he says teasingly to Kai before he darts out of the room quickly, laughing like a maniac- albeit quietly enough to not wake up the baby.

 

“Baekhyun, give it back! Come on, that’s-”

 

Chanyeol’s whining is interrupted when Suho clamps a hand tightly over his mouth.

 

“Shut up!” he hisses angrily. “I finally managed to get Lina to sleep. If you wake her up, I’ll kill you, do you understa-”

 

“AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

 

The shrill shriek from the bathroom is soon met with an equally loud shriek from behind the bedroom Suho had just left. Suho sighs exasperatedly as Lina and D.O. engaged in some strange sort of competition over who could make his eardrums explode first.

 

Suho knocks twice on the door of the bathroom, struggling to keep calm. “Kyungsoo, what’s going on?”

 

“AHHHHHHH!”

 

“Kyungsoo, are you okay?” Suho tries again, not failing to notice that Baekhyun and Chanyeol had quietly slipped into their room so that they wouldn’t be roped into helping.

 

“Kyungsoo-ah,” Suho called, voice softening. “Are you hurt?”

 

“H-h-h-h-ahhhhhh-hyuuuuuuung!”

 

Suho takes that as permission to open the door. The only light in the room is the sliver that sneaks through from the hallway as Suho pushes his way through the doorway.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“The lightbulb went out,” he hears a voice whimper from the general vicinity of a shivering Kyungsoo-esque ball of man on the floor. “It’s dark.”

 

“You’re scared of the dark?” Suho asks in disbelief, prodding the ball with his foot to see if it was really Kyungsoo. In response, two gigantic eyes appeared, almost glowing in the darkness.

“Hyung, save me.”

 

Suho rolls his eyes before tugging Kyungsoo to his feet by the arm.

 

“Just go to sleep,” Suho says with a sigh before he pads away into the living room.

 


 

“Suho-hyung?”

 

Suho snatches the pillow from underneath Lay’s head and shoves it over his own ear. The disoriented Chinese dancer blinks in confusion for a moment before falling straight back to sleep.

 

“Suho-hyung, are you awake?”

 

“No.”

 

Suho feels an insistent hand tugging firmly on the hem of his shirt, and he groans in protest.

 

“What?” he asks, flipping himself over on the small space on the couch. He finds himself face-to-face, almost nose-to-nose, with a wide-eyed Kyungsoo.

 

“Hyung,” he whimpers. “One of my nightlights went out.”

 

“Change the bulb, then.”

 

“Hyung-”

 

“Can’t this wait until morning?”

 

“Hyuuuung.”

 

“Fine!” Suho snaps, cramming his feet into his slippers. “Grown- man can’t change his own lightbulbs.”

 

He storms into Kyungsoo’s room and kneels down by the extension cord that has been crammed with an assortment of nightlights. One of them, a Winnie the Pooh wedged between a glistening Pororo and Doraemon, is dim. Suho shoots Kyungsoo a judgemental look.

 

“How many do you have?” he asks as he unplugs it and rifles through a drawer in Kyungsoo’s desk for a spare lightbulb.

 

“Right now, eight.”

 

“You don’t need eight-”

 

“It’ll get dark,” Kyungsoo interrupts adamantly. Suho sighs and plugs the Pooh light back in.

 

“All done.”

 

“Wait, hyung-” Kyungsoo calls as Suho tries to escape. “What if a different one goes out?”

 

“Then you have seven backups.”

 

“Seven’s not enough,” Kyungsoo whines.

 

“Fine.”

 

Suho disappears again, and Kyungsoo almost resigns himself to curling back up in bed when the leader reappears in the doorway. He throws Baekhyun’s fish nightlight on the carpet by the extension cord and leaves again. Kyungsoo leaps up and plugs it in happily once he finds an outlet by the desk.

 

In a minute, after a brief argument, Suho manages to convince Sehun to give up his teddy bear light, too. Kyungsoo plugs it in next to the fish, almost glowing with contentment. He opens his mouth to say thank you, but Suho is gone again. Seconds later, it becomes obvious who’s room Suho has wandered into.

 

“-but Suho!”

 

“Just give me the damn light, Kris.”

 

“Tao, you can’t let him take my-”

 

“Here.”

 

“Thank you!”

 

“Taooooo!”

 

“Shut up and get in bed. Daddy has big plans for you.”

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t have time to wrinkle his nose at the ungodly sounds that Kris makes next, because he has to dodge the flying Teletubby nightlight that is launched towards his face. He finds a place for it in the socket by the window.

 

“What’s going on?” Luhan says sleepily as he pokes his head in through the door. The brightness of all the lights makes him wince. “Why are there so many nightlights?”

 

He fumbles blindly against the wall. “You could just turn on the regular light-”

 

“NOOOO!” Kyungsoo screams, lunging to knock Luhan’s hand away from the light switch. He falls short, and with a dull beep, the entire apartment building goes dark.
 


 

Thanks for all the support~! You guys are so nice! <3 Thank you so much to all of my wonderful subscribers, commenters, and upvoters~! I've been trying to be good about responding to comments :P Sorry for the two week wait~ I tried to make up for it with an extra-long chapter >.<

I hope you guys liked the new update~ Thanks for reading! :)