Chen Chen's Uprise and Ben Ben's Demise

A Day In The Life of Exo

20


“Don’t you ever let me catch you being this stupid again!”


The Exo-K members cowered behind the front door of the dorm as the walls vibrated with the loud screaming of Exo-M’s leader.


“Yes, duizhang, I’m sorry.”


“Go to your damned room!”


“Yes, duizhang.”


They heard a loud sigh and the puff of the couch pillows.


“I know you’re there, K. You all breathe as loudly as drunk buffaloes. Just come in.”


Suho unlocked the door and, after being shoved forward as a sacrifice by his band members, cautiously entered the living room with the biggest fake smile he could muster.


“Hey, Kris! We...we just got here...”


“Yeah,” Chanyeol said from behind Suho. “We definitely didn’t hear any fighting or anything because we just got here. Ouch!”


The one who had just smacked Chanyeol’s shoulder stepped forward. “Hyung,” Sehun started carefully, “Did you just yell at Luhan?”


“No, that was Jongdae,” Kris sighed. “Just go to your rooms, let me deal with my subordinates.”


The Korean division of the band flew into their rooms so quickly they were practically blurs, just thankful for an excuse to leave the tension.




It had barely been ten minutes since Suho had eagerly crawled onto the couch for a mid-afternoon nap, finally able to enjoy the silence that had enveloped the apartment ever since Kris had taken all but one of the Exo-M boys out for frozen yogurt and the rest of Exo-K had joined them.


The one other person in the apartment wasn’t causing any noise aside from the occasional sniffle or hiccup as his sobs subsided.


“Chen,” Suho called sleepily as ringing echoed through the hallways. “Phone.”


“Hello?” he heard Chen whimper. “No, Kris isn’t here. This is Chen.”


Suho burrowed back under his blankets.


“Yeah, sure, I can do that. Suho! Where did you put the paper with the Exo-K nicknames?”

“Dining table,” Suho mumbled back before shutting his eyes.


“Oh, here it is. Okay, so Suho put Joonma as his. J-o-o-n-m-a. Sehun put Ohdult. Don’t ask me, I don’t know what the hell that is. Kyungsoo put Dyo. D-y-o. Chanyeol put Park Do-Bi. Baekhyun put -ha!- Su gu gi. Kai put Ggamjong- ooh hoo, I bet he lost a bet. Okay, our turn. Just give me a minute to find the Exo-M paper in this pile.”


There was some rustling as Chen sifted through the mess on the dining room table.


“Ah, here it is. Mine is Chen Chen. Oh my God, Kris’s handwriting is so bad. Lay is...I think that says Xing Xing. Xiumin picked Mandoo. Luhan wants Xia Lu...is that a typo? Never mind, it doesn’t matter. Xia Lu. Tao picked Panda Tao. And Kris...”


Suho poked his head out from under the blanket as the temperature in the room dropped a few degrees. He peered over the edge of the couch just in time to see Chen’s evil expression. Despite the hard-to-read red ink and Kris’s chicken-scratch handwriting, it was clear that he had written Duizhang, but what came out of Chen’s mouth was much different.


“We call Kris...Ben Ben.”

 


Did anyone else notice that Kris's name went from Ben Ben (stupid stupid in Chinese) to koala on the official release? I smell a prankster on the loose. :P

 

I hope you guys enjoyed the update! Thanks so much to everyone who has been supporting this story! Please let me know what you think~! Reading your comments will perk me up throughout finals week (ew, school).