Inhale, Exhale

A Day In The Life of Exo

 


Suho has changed.

 

After tucking Kai into bed and satiating his demand to be read a dozen bedtime stories last night, Suho found himself eagerly crawling back onto the couch to catch up on some much needed sleep.

 

s, of course, would have none of that.

 

Within two minutes of closing his eyes, he was waken up by a persistent tugging on his sleeve.

 

Thirty minutes later, after he had finished singing lullabies to Chanyeol as he cradled the giant in his lap, he thought that he might finally be able to sleep, albeit with a grown- man curled up on his thighs.

 

Of course, then it was Yixing’s turn to keep Suho from slumber, choosing just then to start snoring.

 

Suho sighed, accepting the fact that it was just going to have to be another sleepless night. He flicked the T.V. on, keeping the volume low, because unlike the rest of his band, he actually cared about other people sleeping.

 

Flicking through channel after channel, he finally had to settle on a late night talk show once his thumb went numb from constant button-pressing. His eyes glazed over with exhaustion, but the snoring and the weight of the heavy head on his lap kept dragging him back into consciousness.

 

“Do YOU have a lot of stress in your life?”

 

Suho blinked blankly at the T.V.

 

“Do people rely on YOU too much?”

 

“Yes,” Suho mumbled, voice raspy.

 

“Do you spend too much time worrying about keeping others in order?”

“Yes!” Suho exclaimed at the T.V., trying to stand up in excitement and having to sit back down after Chanyeol almost rolled onto the ground.

 

“Here’s my advice for you: Stop sweating the small stuff! The next time someone bothers you, just brush it off! Take a deep breath, count to five, and let it go!”

 

Suho nodded eagerly.

 

“You hear that, audience? What are you going to do the next time a pest shows up on your doorstep?”

 

“BRUSH IT OFF!” Suho shrieked along with the studio audience. He stared wide-eyed at the T.V. set as a commercial came on.

 

This was it! No more stress for you, Kim Joonmyeon. Tomorrow you turn over a new leaf.

 

 


 

 

He tried.

 

He really did.

 

Suho started the morning the way he had been wanting to for a long time.

 

Long before any of the monsters crawled out of bed, he went and fixed himself a nice cup of coffee, fetched the newspaper out of the mailbox, and poured himself a bowl of cereal.

 

As the first spoonful of sugary goodness touched his tongue, he heard the door open.

 

“Quietly,” he heard someone hiss. He quirked an eyebrow as Sehun and Luhan entered the hallway, carrying something together. Sehun reached out and smacked Luhan, jabbing a finger in Suho’s direction.

 

“Suho!” Luhan greeted warily, eyes wide. “What are you doing up so early?”

 

Suho shrugged, chewing slowly as he directed his eyes pointedly at the newspaper.

 

“Okay,” Luhan said in a high-pitched voice, “That’s cool. We’re just gonna...go to our room.”

 

He scurried into the bedroom, standing in front of whatever it was Sehun was carrying so that Suho couldn’t see. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and spooned some more cereal into his mouth.

 

Splash.

 

One.

 

“Oh my God!”

 

Two. 

 

“What do we do?"

 

Three.

 

"Is it dead?"

 

Four.

 

"Go get a shovel.”
 

Suho’s eyes snapped open.

 

Tomorrow, he decided. Tomorrow would be the day. As for today, well...he had two idiots to yell at.

 

Thanks for reading~ I hope you guys like it ^^ Thanks also to everyone who commented, subscribed, and upvoted~ The support this story is getting makes me so happy~ ^^ 

Also, the reason for the delay in this chapter is that I've been accepted as an admin at sos-exo.tumblr.com. It's a scenario request shop~ Feel free to come by and make a scenario request~ ^^