The Newcomer

A Day In The Life of Exo

It was morning, and for once, the dorm was completely quiet.

Even with the arrival of the other half of the band a few days earlier, everything had been rather low-key and peaceful.

Aside from the loud ing coming from every room every night, of course.

Tao and Kris alone had driven him into the living room. Sleeping while they roleplayed as a schoolgirl and an unemployed alcoholic octopus had proven rather difficult.

But aside from that, everything was normal.

Suho rubbed his eyes sleepily as they blinked open, tempted to stay in bed for the rest of the day and finally have a break from the insanity. Kris could handle it for just twenty four hours, couldn’t he?

He sighed as Yixing’s light snoring and the sound of birds chirping outside calmed him.

“Get up, Suho,” he told himself sternly. He nodded once firmly and sat up, opening his eyes only once he was on his feet.

“Another day with Exo,” he sighed.

He trudged through the hallway and into the kitchen, offering the little girl sitting at the dining table a groggy wave.

He punched a few buttons into the coffee machine and filled it with grounds and water, then set the pot down to collect the coffee.

As he turned to lean against the counter, fingers drumming lightly against the surface, something registered in his head.

He inched unsurely back into the dining room.

“Who are you?” he asked the little girl, distracting her from doodling pictures on the glass surface of the dining table with a grubby finger coated in spit (Kyungsoo was going to have a heart attack when he found that). She looked up at him and blinked.

“Oppa~!” she called in a soft whine. “Oppa!”

“Don’t talk to me informally,” Suho reprimanded. “I don’t even know who you are.”

“She’s not talking to you,” someone said from behind him. Suho turned to find Kai, fully dressed for once. “Lina, come here.”

The little girl hopped off her chair, the edges of her pretty pink dress fluffing up in a halo around her knees as she quietly padded over to hug Kai’s knees.

“Suho, this is my little sister.” Kai leaned down to give her a quick peck on the forehead. “She’s staying with us for a while.”

Suho blinked. “Did you check with somebody first?”

“I checked with you.”

“When?”

“Now. Suho, can my sister stay with us for a while?”

“Kai, she can’t just- wait, why does she even need to stay with us?”

“Our parents are going on an anniversary trip.”

“Don’t you have two older sisters?”

Kai shrugged. “They’re busy.”

“So are you! We have performances, interviews, practices! Besides, do you really want her staying in this dorm? You know how these guys can get.”

Kai shrugged again, gripping Lina’s shoulders lightly as she noticed a flower on the tree outside that she really wanted to get ahold of. “She’s a big girl. Right, Lina?”

They both looked at the little girl as she started eating her own hair. Kai fished the braid out of before setting his hands on either side of her face and nodding her head for her.

“She’s five,” he announced proudly, her head.


Thanks to everyone who supported this story by commenting, subscribing, and voting~! I hope you liked the update! Please let me know what you think in the comments~! :)

 

By the way, here's a link to my new story if anyone is interested in reading it (warning: angst/horror): http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/385770/almost-angst-horror-romance-exo-luhan-baekhyun-chanyeol