A Day In

Happily Ever After?

 

Once the sun had reached the sky the next morning Kris was up already because he had forgotten to turn off his alarm clock and realized that he didn’t have to work that day. Tao on the other hand was still fast asleep on Kris’ bed.  When Kris was done getting ready he thought of waking Tao up but chose against it looking at Tao sleeping so soundly.  He decided to go into the kitchen and make some tea since he figured that Tao would prefer it over coffee.

            Not long after Kris left the room Tao woke up. At first he was somewhat shocked to find out he wasn’t in his bed at home and the room seemed so different; but then remembered that he had slept at Kris’ house the night before. When he thought of him and Kris sleeping in the same bed cuddling, Tao blushed. He realized how comfortable he was around Kris and how comfortable Kris actually was. He then looked around trying to find Kris since he was nowhere to be seen, but then figured that he had gone to work already. He decided that, since Kris was gone he could just go back to sleep and not worry about anything. Tao then heard something coming from the kitchen and got up, frightened by the sound, assuming he was alone in the apartment. He searched the room to try and find something to hit the intruder with but he couldn’t find anything so he settled for just a good kick.

            The door opened to reveal Kris with two mugs filled with tea. At first Tao was startled by the image of Kris being home in general but then more so by how beautiful Kris appeared in the sunlight with the light radiating off of his hair. In a way Tao was star struck. He just stood there in the middle of the room staring at Kris walk into the room and move around.

 

“What’s wrong?”

“I thought you’d be at work already.”

“Oh. I forgot that I didn’t have to go into work today as well but I forgot to turn off my alarm so I woke up.”

“Oh.”

“I made you some tea. I figured that you’d prefer tea over coffee.”

“Thanks. Did you make breakfast yet or do you want to make it together.”

“I was hoping that maybe you’d want to go out and eat. I always go to this one café and the foods pretty good.”

“Sure that sounds great.”

“I’ll wait for you in the living room. You can barrow some of my clothes if you want.”

“Thanks.

                 You know, you seem so cold on the outside and so uninviting. But once you peel back the layers you’re actually quite amazing.”

“Thanks. You’re pretty amazing yourself. I never would have guessed that you of all people would be so scared by a horror movie.”

“Will you let it go? Everyone’s scared of something okay.”

“Alright. Get changed and then we’ll go.”

“Okay.”

            After Tao came out of Kris’ room in one of Kris’ t-shirts and jeans he put on his coat that he had worn the day before. They both slipped on their shoes and were out the door in no time. On the way to the café Kris walked along side Tao but still leading the way. Tao would start a conversation and then Kris would talk back to Tao. To Kris everything seemed normal but Tao caught onto how different Kris was that morning. Kris seemed kind of distant. A bit sad as well. Tao didn’t want to ruin the mood by asking Kris what was wrong so he just kept to himself and continued on with their conversation.

            When they finally got to the café, they were seated and given a menu to choose from. As they sat down Tao noticed how the waitress had greeted Kris by his name instead of how usually some greet you when you enter a shop. I seemed to be that Kris really did visit the café quite often. Deciding what to get wasn’t that hard for Kris since he only ever got 3 different things off the menu. However for Tao it was difficult since he didn’t know what was good and what wasn’t. He eventually just decided on to pick whatever Kris picked. Kris chose to go with one of his regulars, Bibimbap.

“Why do they sell actual food here? It’s just a café.”

“I don’t know but its good and its cheap.”

“Hmm.”

            They made small talk till their food arrived and then afterwards they set out on the adventures of eating their food. Through the different bites for food asked Kris if he was going to go home that night for dinner like his mother asked. All he got as a reply was a short “I don’t know.” Then Kris just continued to eat. Tao figured it was because of his father that Kris didn’t want to go since he didn’t even see him on Christmas. Then he figured that, that was the reason as to why Kris seemed so out of it that morning.

            Tao chose just to eat the rest of his meal in silence.  Even though if he was physically silent his mind wouldn’t stop thinking of different reasons as to why Kris was so down. Not much later did they finish their food. They decided to head back to Kris’ apartment afterwards since it was still really early and cold.

            Once they had reached the apartment Kris went to the kitchen to grab some popcorn and a few drinks. All the while Tao was just sitting on the couch looking at Kris do all this. He didn’t offer his help since Kris seem to handle everything just fine on his own. He still didn’t know why Kris was doing all of this since they had just eaten less than an hour ago.

“Tao, can you get some blankets and pillows and bring them out to the living room.”

            Tao did as he was told and went to get multiple blankets on his first trip. After he dropped of the blankets in the living room he went back into the room to get all the pillows he could find. Once everything was collected he took it to the living room where he saw Kris pushing the couch against the wall and the table away from the center of the room and up against another wall.

            Kris started out by making sort of a fort with the pillows in a U shape and put a blanket in the middle and motioned for Tao to join him on the blanket that was set out. Tao did as he was told without hesitation and just accompanied Kris on the floor. Once Tao was on the floor next to Kris, Kris put a blanket behind their back so they wouldn’t get cold and turn on the TV which had been plugged into Kris’ laptop. Once everything had started up Kris asked Tao to pick a movie that he wanted to watch. Tao went with a childrens movie, The Outback. He didn’t care if Kris made fun of him for choosing a childrens movie, he wanted to see it and Kris explored online and found a free link to the movie.  They settled into the the blanket that was placed below and on their backs but Kris still put another blanket ontop of them both. Since they shared the blankets they had to be close together and so their body heat was shared as well.

“Kris, why are we doing this?”

“I just want to forget about going home for dinner so you are going to suffer and stay with me the whole day watching movies till we go home.”

“But you told mom that I’d have to tell her when I get home.”

“She’ll call you or me and then we’ll tell her that we’ll be going.”

“Okay.”

 

            The movie started and they were both soon engrossed by the movie and how the main character Johnny was just dying to be accepted even if he lied but eventually pulled through with his promises. Soon after the movie finished and most of the popcorn was gone Kris looked over at Tao and saw how happy he was. This made Kris happy. He, even if for a short period of  time, forgot about him having to go to his parents’ house later that night. He then suggested a movie to Tao and he agreed since it wasn’t a horror film. They began to watch A Millionaires First Love. Not long after it started did Tao phone ring. Kris paused the movie so Tao could answer his phone.

“Hello.”

“Where are you? Kris said you were going to come  in the morning its already midday.”

“Kris didn’t have to work so he took me to eat out and then we came back and he built a fort out of pillows and blankets and he said he was going to torture me all day with movies and junk food.”

“That doesn’t sound like torture at all.”

“I’m enjoying it. Its warm and everything is fluffy and soft.”

“Alright. Don’t eat too much junk food so you can eat when you get home.”

“What time do you want us to go home?”

“Your father’s getting out of the office at around 6 so come by at around 7 and dinner will be done.”

“okay.”

 

“So we have enough time for at least 2 more movies?’
“Yes Kris. We have time for at least 2 more movies.”

“Okay.”

“It seems like you and Kris get along extremely well.”

“I guess I comes with a price for me since he’s making me eat all this amazing food and is making me so lazy that I don’t want to do anything ever.”

“And why is that a bad thing.”

“Because I’m going to gain so much weight.”

“Well if Kris is the one making you gain all this weight, Kris can buy you new clothes aswell.”

“WHAT?! I am not buying him anything aside from food. If he becomes lazy and gains weight that’s his fault.”

“Oh, how wonderful. You boys are becoming so close. But really Kris if you make Tao gain weight you’re buying him pants ‘cause you’re the one that gave him the food.”

“Why am I being punished for feeding someone?”

“I don’t know but you are. Now I’ll see you both at dinner tonight. Now continue on with your movies.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

            The phone was put down and Tao once again got comfortable next to Kris. Kris resumed the movie and they were once again ingrossed by the movie. Every once in a while a sniffle was heard in the room from Tao. Kris didn’t tell Tao that the movie was sad so Tao made no objections when Kris suggested but he was regretting his decision once the middle of the movie came around and it began to start getting sad. Kris looked at Tao when he heard him sniffle for the third time and out his arm around Tao and brought him even closer to him. When Tao felt Kris’ arm around him he got even closer to Kris and hugged him as a natural instinct. He soon began to cry even harder when the ending came and the credits began to role. Kris looked down at Tao and saw how hard he was crying and slightly laughed but stopped when Tao looked up at him with sadness evident in his eyes. When Kris saw that look on Tao face all traces of amusement were gone and he held Tao close to him. Kris had a feeling that he never wanted to see such sadness to emit from Taos’ eyes again. He held Tao as close as possible and whispered words of comfort into Taos’ ear.

            Eventually Taos’ crying ceased but Kris still didn’t let go of him. He felt as if he still had to protect Tao from any sort of sadness. Kris looked down into Taos’ eyes and no longer saw that sadness in his eyes. He thought that it was a good time to let go of Tao but not completely so he still held him with one arm around his waist. Tao didn’t mind the extra comfort that he felt with being in Kris’ arms.

“Why’d you pick such a sad movie?”

“It’s not sad. It’s romantic.”

“But the ending was so sad.”

“It’s only sad if you want it to be. It’s a happy ending to me. He makes her wish come true and he’s waiting till they’re reunited.”  

“I never thought you’d watch a movie like that.”

“I like to watch these kinds of movies because they fill a void.”

“oh.”

“What movie do you want to watch next?”

“Heaven’s Postman.”

“Isn’t that a sad movie too?”

“But the end is a happy ending.    And I like Kim JaeJoong”

“Right.”

 

                        Before they started the movie Tao decided to go to the bathroom so he wouldn’t have to go during the movie and Kris went to get more popcorn and drinks. Once they gathered again in the living room they got comfortable again. This time they didn’t need the sad ending to a movie to cuddle into each other. They just cuddled, neither objected and they just got closer to the other when they felt that the other was moving too far away from them. This went on for the whole movie. Once the movie ended Tao once again had tears in his eyes, but not as many as the first time since he had already seen the movie before.

            Tao picked up his phone to check the time and saw that it would almost be 6 so he suggested to Kris that they start to get ready to go to dinner. Kris agreed but had no intentions of moving from his spot and wasn’t planning to let go of Tao any time soon either. Tao kept nudging Kris in order for him to move but to no avail Kris wouldn’t budge an inch. Eventually Tao gave up and just stayed there in Kris’ arms resting against his chest. They stayed like that until Tao looked up again and saw that it was already 6:30. This time Kris actually got up and started to get ready to go to dinner. Tao on the other hand just stayed in the living room. Kris questioned why Tao wasn’t changing and Tao just replied with a short “I’ll change when we get home.” Kris didn’t object to it.

            Fifteen minutes later and they were already on their way to their parents’ house and Kris was once again nervous. He had forgotten about the dinner over the course of the day with watching the movies and being so close to Tao. He didn’t want it to end. He wanted to stay at home with Tao for the rest of the night and just be together. He was starting to feel even more nervous the closer they got home. Tao looked over at Kris and saw that he was nervous so he casually took one of Kris’ hands in his and gave it a slight squeeze in reassurance. After that Kris felt a little better. A smile crept up on his face but it wavered once the house came into view.

            They parked the car in the driveway and just stayed in the car for a while just sitting there in silence. The silence was broken by Tao.

“It’s going to be okay.”

“How do you know?”

“Because I’m here with you.”

“Why does it feel like it’s the first time meeting a lovers parents or something?”

“If it’ll make you feel better I could tell them I brought over my boyfriend and then you come in.”

“That’s not funny. They’d die of a heart attack.”

            Even though it was just a joke to lighten up the mood Kris felt relieved after they shared a short laugh. They got out of the car and Tao fetched his keys from his pocket and put the key into the key whole. When he turned the key Kris froze in that second almost as if Tao had unleashed some magical secret instead of just opening the door. Kris stayed in the door way for a minute just letting everything sink in as to what he was doing, and why he was here.

 

 

 

A/N: I know this is chapter is shorter than the last once being almost 4 thousand words this one is only 2,750. i still hope you like this chapter. 

A/N 2: thank you all to all of those that subcribed to this story. i honestly didn't expect anyone except those that requested the sequel to read this. i am genuinely  so happy that i got 22 subrcibers in just a week, i hope that you enjoy the rest of the story as it progresses along. Honestly if you want me to put something in this story that you think will make it better, tell me. i will be glad to add what my readers want to read.  other than that, i thank you for reading and comment what you thought about this.

 

the next chapter should be up by next friday or saturday. i will mainly be updating this once a week (fridays or saturdays) but if i have extra time i'll update more than once a week.