First Kiss

Happily Ever After?

 

            Tao moved in the following day with the help of Kris and some of his friends. One guy Tao recognized as a delivery guy from a restaurant he’d always go to. His name as Kai and he met Kris when Kris was a senior in high school, Kai was barely a freshman. Kris had called him in the morning and asked if he was busy, Kai said no and agreed to help with the move. At first Kai just thought that Tao was going to be Kris’ new roommate since neither of them had actually told Kai that they were dating. He was cool with it when he found Kris and Tao holding hands when they were sitting on the couch taking a break.

            Kai was mad at Kris that he hadn’t told him and jokingly punched him on the arm a couple of times. Afterwards Kris had to buy food for the three of them. Later on during the day Kris’ parents came home and found Kris, Tao, and an unknown person rummaging things into a truck and saw that they were Tao’s belongings. At first they were kind of shocked to see what was happening but they soon replaced that feeling of shock with a feeling of happiness yet loneliness at the same time. They were happy that Kris and Tao were happy but Tao would no longer be in the house with them and that made them feel a bit lonely.

            Kris’ mother got an even stronger sense of loneliness since what she felt now was what Kris had explained to her. The house was no longer a home it was just something to keep them out of a bad weather. The people that were in the house before was what made it a home. She felt completely alone and somewhat scare. Scared of losing what she had just gained back.

            Right before the three were about to leave Kris went over to his mother and hugged her. He felt a sense of needing to reassure his mother of something, he himself didn’t know what but he did it anyway. His mother clung to him as if her life depended on it.  He felt his mother shake a bit and held on to her even tighter. He told her they’d visit over the weekend when they had Yunho and Changmin’s dogs. His mother nodded and hugged Kris one final time and kissed him on his cheek.

            She then moved on to Tao and hugged him as well. She made sure that he promised to visit whenever he could. She also whispered to him to take things slow with Kris since she did know of Kris’ last relationship. He looked at her and nodded as to acknowledge that he caught on that it had not ended well.  Tao planned on asking Kris about his past relationship, but then he didn’t because he didn’t want Kris to be mad at him for wanting to know so much.

            They left with the last of Tao’s things and headed to the apartment to set everything where it belonged. Tao decided that with the amount of clothes that him and Kris had that it wouldn’t fit in just one closet so he put all of his clothes in the extra bedroom.

            Kris went to work the next day while Tao spent the day arranging the rest of his belongings in the apartment. It didn’t take that long to put his things away since most of his things were clothing items or toiletries. Everything was done and ready by noon so he decided to go out and walk around the neighborhood. He went and stopped by the candy shop that he and Kris had visited not long after. The same man was at the counter. He bowed at Tao and greeted him until he got a good look at him and recognized him. He then waved over at Tao and asked him about Kris and why he was alone. Tao smiled and told him that Kris was at work and he had just finished unpacking his things at Kris’ apartment and that he was just walking around for the time being. The man nodded his head in acknowledgment and then asked him if he wanted anything. Tao didn’t know exactly if he wanted anything but decided to pick up some sweets for after dinner that night. Once Tao got what he wanted he paid for his things and left-waving to the man at the counter.

            When Tao finished walking around he ended up buying some flowers as well to put as decoration in window sill. He got home about an hour before Kris would get home and started to make dinner. As he was making dinner he remembered what Kris’ mom had said to him. He was genuinely curious as to what happened in the relationship that even his mother would know about it even if at the time she didn’t pay any attention to Kris. He thought that maybe that was why Kris didn’t really talk about his past aside from Chanyeol. Apparently he had been thinking about it for so long that Kris had come home without noticing and that he had finished making dinner.

“Wow even when you zone out you still make amazing food.”

            Kris’ voice startled Tao since he hadn’t noticed him come in. He held a hand to where his heart was and tried to calm his rapid heartbeat from the shock. Kris saw this and let out a small laugh an enveloped Tao in his arms.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.”

“Really, because you usually don’t zone out that bad.”

“Really, I’m fine I was just thinking.”

“Okay, but if anything is bothering you just tell me I’ll try my best to fix it.”

“Okay.”

            What came next surprised Tao to no end. Kris cupped his face and leaned in to kiss him. It wasn’t on the cheek or on his forehead like he usually did, it was on his lips. He didn’t even get to get over the shock before Kris pulled away. He stared at Kris with his eyed wide open and Kris chuckled at sight.

“You know you’re supposed to close your eyes when you kiss someone.”

             No word came out of Tao’s mouth just strangled sounds that wanted to form into words. Kris once again let out a chuckle and for the second time that night Kris kissed him. This time Tao closed his eyes and kissed back. The kiss was longer and when they finally pulled away for air Kris put his forehead pressed against Tao’s. Tao still had his eyes closed and was trying to regain his breathe as well as Kris. When they opened their eyes they looked at each other and smiled.

            Instead of eating dinner they just went to their bedroom to be together. Kris kept giving Tao small kissed here and there but they were all filled with love and passion. Tao would reply to Kris with small kisses. They spent the night cuddling and caring for one another. 


hey, i hope you enjoyed this chapter. i know it's pretty short but they kissed and thats a big step.