Over Thinking

Happily Ever After?

 

                Over the next couple of days Kris had become busy with work and had to stay back later. He’d come home at night and shower and get into bed with Tao not even bothering with eating diner. Tao knew that Kris was busy so he’d get up earlier than usual and pack Kris extra food since he noticed Kris wasn’t eating when he got home.  When Kris would get home he’d set everything down and get into bed after he’d showered. He never fell asleep right away he’d always tell Tao about his day before sleeping. Tao would lie beside him and just listen to Kris talk until he stopped talking and his breathing became even. Tao still hadn’t forgotten about the call and how Kris seemed so surprised after knowing who is was.  Tao wanted to confront him about it but he was scared that Kris might get mad at him. He was getting busier and he didn’t want Kris to be stressed out about little things like that.

                After about a month Kris’ work load had lessened and he was back to coming home in the afternoon on time for diner.  One day Kris came home earlier than usual and found Tao taking a nap on the couch.  He looked at him and decided that instead of having Tao cook dinner that night he’d just get food delivered when they got hungry. Kris was sitting in the living room when Tao came out of the bedroom awaken from his nap. He thought it was strange that he’d hear the TV on and he was sure that he’d turned it off before he took his nap. He went to check who was in the house and let out a sigh of relief when he saw Kris sitting on the couch looking bored.

“Have  nice nap?”

“Yea. Why are you home so early?”

“I finished all my work early and came home early. Why do you not want me here?”

“No, it’s not that. It’s just that you didn’t even call me to tell me you were coming home early. I could have made something to eat so you didn’t have to wait.”

“I was going to call you but I thought you’d be busy.”

“I’m never busy. “

                Kris took Tao into his arms and set Tao down on his lap. Tao had his head leaning on Kris shoulder while Kris ran his fingers ran through Tao’s hair. They stayed there just watching the TV until Tao remembered the phone call from almost a month ago.

“Kris?”

“Hm?”

“Who’s Onew?”

“He’s someone from my past.”

“Was he important to you?”

“To me yea. I don’t know if I was important to him though.”

“Why do you say that?”

“It’s nothing.”

“Are you sure? You’ve told me pretty much your whole life, why haven’t you ever mentioned him if he was important to you?”

“It’s just that I didn’t want you to know about him.”

“Why”

“Because he’d my ex-boyfriend.”

“Oh. Did you call him back that time?”

“I did.”

“What did he want?”

“It was nothing. He just called to see if I wanted to meet up sometime.”

“Did you accept?”

“I told him I’d think about it.”
“Have you?”

“A little.”

“If you want to meet him it’s fine. I don’t mind.”

“Are you sure? What if he tries to break us apart?”

“You said he was important to you and you didn’t know if you were important to him. If he made you feel that way then I’m pretty sure he won’t try anything.”

“Alright.”

                Tao got up to make dinner but Kris stopped him and told him to just order food so both of them could take a break. Tao nodded and got his phone from the coffee table and scrolled through the delivery restaurants in the area.  He picked one and called, placing their order and then hanging up. They stayed on the couch just sitting there. It wasn’t long till the doorbell rang and they got their food. They ate in the living room not wanting to move much.  They decided to stay in even if they had the time to go out and Kris didn’t have to go to work the next day. They both felt sort of lonely.

                Even if they were together their thoughts were in a completely different place. Tao was curious as to why Kris never told him about Onew. Kris was thinking of whether or not he should meet with Onew once again. The last time he had seen him was the night that Onew broke up with him after having had with him. He never wanted anyone to know what happened. He kept it all a big secret from everyone and he told them that he and Onew had just grown apart and split. That was a complete lie since he was a complete mess for months to come after the break up. Kris gave Onew everything he had to offer. He thought Onew actually cared for him. When he gave Onew the very last thing to offer, his ity, he abandoned him after taking it. He had told Kris that he had just used him until he got what he wanted and that was . Beforehand everyone warned him about how Onew never stayed with one person for too long and then he’d get bored of them and throw them out. Kris thought he’d be different since he was with Onew for over a year and he genuinely thought he had changed but he was wrong. Kris was just an extensive project that Onew had come up with. He wanted to see how much he could get out of Kris before he had nothing left to offer.

                Kris was broken but he tried to hide it to his best ability from everyone. Changmin and Yunho knew what had happened and tried to help him get over Onew. Apparently he hadn’t hid it as well as he’d liked since his father had noticed too. He didn’t know if his mother knew. He really hoped she didn’t. After almost a year had gone by and Kris was barely moving on from his breakup with Onew. Onew never showed up in front of him. He always heard that some poor kid had gotten into Onew’s trap and was devastated when he left them. Onew wasn’t just a usual douche bag that used people. He would get inside o your mind and make you do whatever he wanted you to do. You did whatever you could to please him. He always threatened his partners with leaving them for someone else. But he’d always say he’d love you in the sweetest of tones that made anyone believe it.  Kris was one of those people. Kris was different from everyone else though. Kris had money. He could give Onew more than anyone else could.

                When Kris was pulled out from his thoughts he saw Tao getting up with a blank expression on his face. He followed Tao into the bedroom and lay down next to him. Tao fell asleep but Kris was just there looking at Tao. His mind wondered again to Onew. He compared Tao and Onew. He saw that he was once again practically supporting his partner but there was a difference. Tao appreciated and loved him. Onew did neither.  Tao had been there with Kris before their relationship started. Onew showed up one day and became his lover. He just walked up to Kris and told him that he was his boyfriend, Kris being who he was wanted someone to love him at any extent so he didn’t fight against Onew. He was there one day and he stayed for a little over a year and then he left. He never had truly cared for Kris. Kris was just a new toy for him to play with.

                Kris’ became to be too much for him to handle and he eventually just fell asleep. He slept with Tao in his arms.  Later that night Tao got up and out of bed for some reason. He couldn’t go back to sleep either. His thought began to unravel. He started thinking of what he was doing with his life and how it came to be so. He was happy with Kris by his side but he felt like he wasn’t doing anything with his life. He was young and he wanted to do something with his life but he didn’t know what. All he coul really do was cook and clean. He didn’t have any sort of special talent that could give his a supportive job. He didn’t want to have to always rely on Kris or his parents. He could collect the fortune his biological parents left behind for him since he was of age now but he felt like that would b too easy.  He looked over at the clock and saw that it was only 3 in the morning. He couldn’t get up to make breakfast, it was too early and he couldn’t go back to sleep since he wasn’t tired anymore. He just stayed there sitting on the bed looking at the wall in front of him. 


hey  guys, i know this chapter is really short but i've been having some issues personally and i just dont' feel like what i wrote was good enough. i literally wrote this chapter 4 times but everytime i wasn't happy with it soi erased it and started all over again. i'm still not happy with this but i can't keep you guys waiting for 2 weeks without anything. i dont know if i'll still be posting every week or not. but i'll try and figure out my personal problems and try to not mix them in with my fics. i hope you guys understand and are willing to wait, if not i'm okay with it.