It Really Is A Happily Ever After

Happily Ever After?

 

            In the morning Tao was awaken by Junhong tugging at his night shirt. He saw Junhong standing over him and shaking his and Kris’ sleeves. He sat up and made Junhong sit on his lap and to tell him what he wanted.

“I need to pee. Can you take me to the bathroom?”

“Of course. Come on sweetie.”

            Tao looked around and saw that the sun was barely rising. He took Junhong into the bathroom and asked if he needed help, Junhong just shook his head and closed the door behind him. Tao waited outside until he heard the toilet flush and a small knock on the door. He decided to make a small game out of it and got down onto the ground and then knocked on the door as well. He could hear Junhong giggle and a soft “Who is it?” was heard through the door. Tao replied with a, “mommy panda” another giggle was heard from Junhong. Tao heard a much louder chuckle coming from behind him and turned to see Kris laughing at him. Tao opened to the door and was met with Junhong sitting on the floor as well. He crawled onto Tao’s lap and waved up to Kris as he bid him a good morning.  Kris bent down and took Junhong into his arms as he kissed him repeatedly.

            All three were much too awake to go back to sleep and so they decided to start their day off early. They sat on the couch as they flipped through the channels as they tried to find cartoons to watch. All they could really find were infomercials since it was so early in the morning and it was a weekday. Kris got up to get his laptop so they could look for something to entertain them for a while. When he came back into the living room Tao had Junhong in his lap and was making a promise with him. When they saw Kris come into the living room Junhong took rescue behind Tao. He hid himself away from Kris as he approached the couch. Kris set down the laptop and went to get Junhong but was met with Junhong swatting his hand away saying that he was trying to steal his treasure. Kris caught on quickly that it had become a game and he was apparently the ‘bad’ pirate. He went along with it and chased Junhong as he climbed all over the couch trying to avoid Kris from stealing his treasure that he had kept safe in his tiny hand. When Kris finally caught him Junhong screeched with laughter as Kris tickled him and kisses fell upon his face and tummy.  All the while Tao had sat on the other chair in the living room and just watched. Kris took Junhong in his arms and held him up in the air as he spun slowly as to not get Junhong dizzy.

            Tao walked up to them and grabbed Junhong from Kris and told him to sit down because he was going to get dizzy. Kris obliged and sat down while turning on his laptop.

“Junhonggie, what do you want to watch?”

“Megamind”

“Okay.”

            Kris set up the movie as he brought the blanket that was draped over the couch to cover the three of them. Half way into the movie Kris had fallen asleep on Tao’s shoulder as Junhong sat on his lap. Tao just sat there as Junhong kept asking him questions related to the movie like, why was Mega mind evil and Metro man wasn’t, or as to why Mega mind disguised himself as Bernard and not just show who he was to the Roxanne. Tao came up with simple answered to satisfy Junhong’s curiosity for the time being. But, as he did so he also realized how smart Junhong was. When the movie finished the sun had completely risen and people could be heard moving around in other parts of the building. Tao told Junhong to try and wake up his father as he prepared breakfast. He walked into the kitchen but soon came back into the living room to ask Junhong what he wanted for breakfast. Junhong perked up at the idea of getting to chose what to eat for breakfast, he fell silent for a bit thinking as to what he wanted to eat, when he finally decided he yelled out pancakes. Tao nodded and laughed a little as he saw Kris jump awake after Junhong had practically yelled into his ear. Tao walked back into the kitchen and began to prepare pancakes for all of them.

            Kris after being awakened by Junhong walked into the kitchen with Junhong, copying his walk, behind him. When they were in the kitchen Junhong tried to get on the chair on his own but failed and ended up falling on the floor. He didn’t cry, instead he got up and tried again. When Kris saw how much he was struggling to get on the chair he offered to help him but Junhong said no and that he was a big boy so he could do it himself. Kris laughed lightly and when he saw that Junhong was halfway up to the seat he gave him a little boost this time so he’d be able to reach and actually sit on the chair.

“Mommy look I got on the chair by myself.”

            Tao turned to see Junhong sitting in a chair smiled at him. When he took the pancakes, that where on the stove, and placed them on a plate he walked the short distance to Junhong and patted his head as a reward as well as kiss on the cheek. Kris cleared his throat as a sign that he too wanted a kiss. Tao smiled at his small action and kissed him on the cheek as well. Kris whined that it was only a kiss on the cheek and not on the lips.

“What? Did you do something as amazing as get on chair all by yourself?”

“No, but I helped him.”

“He said he did it all by himself.”

“I gave him a boost.”

“Okay.”

            Tao kissed Kris again only on the lips this time. He then turned around and went back to the stove to continue making breakfast. Kris sat next Junhong looking at Tao cook. Junhong got up on the chair and extending his arms out as he wanted to be carried. Kris picked him up on placed him on his lap. He let Junhong play with his fingers as he placed small kissed on top of his head. When breakfast was ready Tao placed a plate of pancakes in front of Kris and on another plate with one pancake on it right next to it, for Junhong. He then placed another plate for himself. He went to the fridge to take out milk and juice for them to drink. He set down a small glass of milk for Junhong and was surprised to see Junhong picking it up and drinking it immediately and then asked for more. Tao filled up his glass again but this time Junhong only drank a little and then set the glass down. He began to eat the pancake with his hands as he ripped small pieces from it and put them into his mouth. Kris began to eat as well while still having Junhong on his lap. Tao took his phone from the counter and took a picture of Kris and Junhong eating. After the small shutter sound was heard Junhong looked up and smiled at the direction of Tao’s phone.

            After taking a few more pictures he set his phone down and began to eat.  After breakfast was done they all washed the dishes together with Kris washing them and Tao drying and putting them away while Junhong sat on the counter cheering them on. Afterward they all washed up and called their parents. Kris got a  text from Changmin telling him that they planned on showing up at around 12 so they could help with getting lunch ready since everyone from the night before did agree to meet the next day. They saw that they still had a couple hours to do whatever they wanted to do. They went to the grocery store to get what they needed.

            After the grocery store they passed by the candy shop that Tao’d always go to and they stopped. Like always the man at the register was the same and he greeted them with a friendly smile. This time Tao walked up to the counter with Junhong in his arms and Kris next to him.

“Now who is this little fellow?”

“He’s our son.”

“My god, he’s beautiful. And congratulations to the both of you.”

“Thank you. We wanted to stop by since you kind of started our relationship and a little push from our friends and family.”

“Well, I’m honored to have made such an impact. How old is he?”

            Junhong held up his hand and showed him four fingers. The man at counter smiled and grabbed his hand and shook it slightly.  Junhong reached out wanting to grab wanting one of the candies behind the counter. The man reached out behind him and grabbed the small marshmallow bag that had different colored and shaped marshmallows in it. He handed it over to Junhong but Junhong first looked at Tao and Kris as if asking if it was okay to take it. They both nodded and he grabbed the bag shyly as a small thank you left his mouth.  Kris talked to the owner for a bit as Junhong toured the store for a little bit asking Tao if he could have something. When Tao and Junhong finished touring around the small shop and were finished shopping they headed back to the register where Kris was still talking to the owner. They paid for what they got and left after saying goodbye to the owner.

            When they reached home it was almost noon and Changmin and Yunho would be arriving soon. They set the things on the counter while Junhong took a small amount of food and put in Totomato’s food bowl. While the dog was eating Junhong had sat down next to him on the floor just watching him eat. When Totomato was done eating he started to jump up and down begging for attention from Junhong. Junhong played with him in the living room and not long after the doorbell rang. Tao came out of the kitchen to answer the door and saw Junhong playing with Totomato. He opened the door and was greeted with a hug from Changmin. A bark was heard from the living room. Tao looked down and saw that Yunho and Changmin had brought over Typhoon and Mang Dong. Junhong was amazed at the size of Typhoon since he was bigger than he was. Mang Dong and Totomato began playing together while Junhong began playing with Typhoon. They walked in and Yunho took Junhong into his arms and sat down on the couch.

“Junhonggie, do you know who I am?”

“No.”

“I’m Uncle Yunho. And that over there is Uncle Changmin.”

“Daddie? Are they really uncles?”

“Yes, they are baby. And these are their dogs, Typhoon and Mang Dong. Typhoon is the big one and Mang Dong is the small one like Totomato.”

            Junhong nodded and began to play with Typhoon who had climbed up onto the couch to lay down. Yunho set Junhong next to Typhoon as he left to help the others in the kitchen. The door bell rang a while later and Changmin had answered the door. Everyone came slowly and they all set up the food together. They all maneuvered around the apartment and got to know each other and asked about Junhong and Totomato. Junhong took a liking to everyone especially Xiumin because of his hair color and how he made him laugh so much. Xiumin played with Junhong for most of the time that he was there until the food was ready. Everyone sat at different places of the apartment, some in the kitchen some in the living room and some just stood around. When everyone was full and had had enough to eat they all just talked. They all talked some more, until the doorbell rang. Tao opened the door and was surprised to see Onew at the door. He didn’t let him in; instead he stepped outside to talk to him.

“What are you doing here?”

“Look, I didn’t come here to get into an argument with you. I just wanted to say goodbye to Kris. I’m leaving for England in a few days. But, it seems like you guys are having a party. I’ll just call him some other time.”

“Don’t. He’s happy now. We have a family together. Don’t try and ruin it again. We’ve both been through a lot. You were one of the least problematic things we’ve had to deal with. So just don’t ruin it for us, please.”

“Family? But a couple months ago you two were just a couple.”

“We adopted a son and he proposed to me. We’re happy together. So I’m begging you, don’t do anything to ruin us. I know what you did to him and I saw the end result of it when I first met him. I don’t want to start all over from square one. I want us to move on from things. I know the past can’t be erased by it can be prevented from happening again. So, please just stay away.”

“I understand. Can you at least tell him I came by? And I guess I should congratulate you. Oh, and about what I did to Kris when we were younger, I didn’t mean to break him that bad. I really did love him at one point but I got possessive and jealous of someone close to him. That’s why I did it. I didn’t want to hurt him more than I already had. I came back to see if he would give me another chance after I realized that I had cooled down and controlled myself. That night that I talked to you, it started again. I began to become possessive over him. I wanted him to be mine again but I guess I was too late… and I wasn’t good enough for him either. Take good care of him. After what I did to his heart I’m pretty sure it was hard to get close to him, so if he pushes you away at times just give him his space he’ll need it once in a while.  I don’t know if you know this but, his favorite ice cream is, well was, peach flavor. I don’t know if it’s changed.”

“I guess I understand where you’re coming from. I’ll tell him you came by. And thanks about the ice cream thing. “

“Thanks. Oh, do you like tea?”

“Yea, why?”

“I’ll send you some tea from England. It’s amazing. I personally prefer it over English coffee.”

“Thanks.”

“I’ll leave now. Go back in; they’re probably worried about you.”

“Mmm. Have  a safe trip.”

“Thanks.”

            Onew walked away with a sad smile on his lips. He walked down the stairs as he thought about his past. Tao walked back into the apartment and was met with Kris looking at him worriedly.

“What’s wrong? Who was at the door?”

“It was Onew. He said he was going to England in a couple of days. He also apologized about everything.”

“He didn’t say anything bad to you did he? Because if he did-“

“No, it’s fine. He said he’d send us some tea from England. He said it tasted better than English coffee.”

“It sounds almost as if he was your friend.”

“I guess, we just learned to accept that we’re both part of your life. He was your past and I’m your present.”

“And my future.”

“And your future.”

            The rest of the afternoon was spent with their friends and family just being together. Kris’ mother mentioned that it felt like how it was when he was in the hospital and everyone was there.  Kris disagreed though, he said it was better. Everyone was happy to be together. New friendships were created and old ones flare on. Everyone was happy being together and Xiumin, Chen, and Lay said that they all wanted to move to Korea after Xiumin finished college back in China. Kris’ parents said that it was a great idea. They were all happy in that moment and never wanted it to end. 


So the next chapter will be the last. i feel like i needed to add in that part with Onew. i wanted them to end on good terms. and also you get to see as to what he feels about the whole situation. 

the next chapter will be more of an Epilogue more than anything. also did you notice that this chapter was also extra long. it's almost 3000 words long and generally the last couple of chapter have barely tipped the scales as a little over 1000 words so i was happy that this was so long. 

 

i hope you enjoyed this chapter and anticipate the last chapter to come next week. 

 

also i am part of a review/request shop on here so be free to go on and request for oneshots or reviews for your own stories

Don't Remember Me Request Shop

 

. and if you want to ask me personally to write you a oneshot or just a story in general don't be afraid to ask me. i will really write what ever you wnat me to write. no matter what genre or pairing.