Unexpected Ending

Happily Ever After?

 

Tao didn’t open the door. He just stayed there in the door way. He didn’t know who it was till the person on the outside of the door spoke. It sounded a lot like Luhan. He got curious and went up to the door to look through the peephole and was surprised to see that it really was Luhan. He wanted to open the door and figure out why Luhan was at Kris’ apartment but the other part of him told him just to stay there and not do anything and wait to see what happens.

            So he did. He waited there for 10 minutes. He figured that Luhan had left till he heard another knock. Not long after the knock Luhan started banging on the door and started yelling. After about 5 minutes Luhan stopped banging on the door. Everything went quiet. Then footsteps were heard. Tao didn’t think they were Luhans since they became louder instead of fading out. He heard a chuckle from outside and then he heard something that surprised him. He heard Kris’ voice. It sounded so sad. It sounded dead.

“Why are you here?”

“I just wanted to clear some stuff up.”

“Is that really what you’re going to do? Or are you just going to kill me?”

“Now, why would I want to kill you?”

“So you’re hatred for me will ease.”

“Oh, don’t get me wrong. I don’t hate you. You were just the first thing that I found that Tao cared about.”

“What?”

“You see, when Tao finally messaged me after a couple of months from being missing and he was telling me how happy he was with his new family I couldn’t let him be that way. He was let off to easily. Ever since he was little he’s gotten everything he’s ever wanted. I personally don’t think it’s fair. He does nothing and he gets the world served on a silver platter. Everyone in our group has suffered to get to the point that we’re at now. Xiumin is still pretty low but at least he’s not a liar. Did Tao ever tell you who his parents were? Do you even know anything about Tao?”

“Well I never asked because his parents died and I didn’t want him to feel bad.”

“He is from one of the richest families from Qingdao. He’s had everything he’s ever wanted. But I refused to give him myself. I knew he liked me and I refused to give him what he wanted. I didn’t want him to be happy. His parents death was a miracle to me. He was so upset and depressed from it, it made me happy. He came to Korea to try and forget. But he couldn’t. Then your family found him and he found happiness again. He was no longer upset over his parents death. He found a new family. I still can’t stand the sight of him being so happy. Everyone has to suffer. He’s never had to suffer. But I’ll make sure he does.”

“So you never even wanted to see him?”

“No. I don’t care about him. No one does.”

“I see. Now if you please, just leave. You’ve already gotten rid of me from Tao’s life. I’ll tell my parents.”

“Thank you. But I still have to go through with the rest of the plan. After I leave you can just call up your parents and tell them to take Tao back in since it was all an act. I don’t want that to happen so there’s only one thing to do.”

“You can’t kill me.”

“But I can. And I will.”

“How?”

“I won’t tell you. You’ll try and stop me.”

“I honestly don’t care. If you’re going to kill me just do it. It’s not like I have anything to offer. My parents always chose everyone over me. They probably wouldn’t even care. Tao hates me. I don’t have any friends. I’m insignificant to this world.”

“Wow. You really are a loser.”

            Tao opened the door. He’d heard enough. He was crying. He looked at Luhan and then at Kris. He couldn’t believe what he’d just heard. He was stupid enough to not listen to Kris. He was even more stupid for believing every single one of Luhans lies. Both Kris and Luhan looked at Tao in surprise. Kris was surprised that Tao was in his apartment. Luhan was surprised to find Tao standing in the doorway. He had been found out. His plan had failed. Luhan was angry. His face was turning red with anger. Luhan stared at Tao with anger in his eyes. He stepped forward but on his second step he was held back. He looked over his eyes to see Kris with a murderous look in his eyes. He spun Luhan around but was met with a punch to the jaw. Kris stumbled back a bit from the impact but soon regained his balance.

            As both Kris and Luhan went at it Tao ran back into the house to get his phone. He retrieved his phone and called the police. The police came not long after the call was placed. They found Kris on top of Luhan beating him with his fist.  They looked at Luhan and he turned to them and looked at them in the eye and through a hard punch at Kris’ face. The punch was hard enough to leave Kris a little disoriented. He pushed Kris off of him and got up on wobbly legs.  He made a run for it the opposite way but was met with another group of police officers. He didn’t have anywhere to run. The police was just standing there waiting for his next move.  They couldn’t attack him because he hadn’t done anything to them and they also didn’t know if he was armed.

            Tao was trying to get Kris to stand up.  But he was having difficulty since Kris could no longer stand rightfully because of how bad they had beaten each other. One of the police officers called in for an ambulance since he was helping Tao with Kris. They officer and Tao finally got Kris into the apartment and onto the couch. They had him there till they hear the ambulance siren outside.

            Luhan was still in the middle of the corridor. He had given up on running away. He got caught. His plan was ruined. He didn’t have a purpose for this anymore. He walked up to one of the cops and got on his knees with his hands behind his back; waiting to get handcuffed. He lost the battle that he had started.  Once Luhan was handcuffed and the police was picking him up off of the floor his body went limp. He was awake but his body had shut down.

             He had gone to Kris that night to tell him about his plan. He hoped to scare off Kris as well. But his plan backfired. He’d done what he intended to do only half ways. He was disappointed in himself. He thought back to his father and what he told him. His father had always said that he was a failure, a no good for nothing god forsaken son of a . He saw Tao rise up from the couch and out into the doorway. He looked at him and all he saw was sadness. He didn’t see anger in his eyes anymore. Tao looked at him with pity. Then he stopped the officers that were carrying him away and went up to Luhan and caressed his face and he whispered “You never were a good person. Now I know why. I’m sorry.” With those words Luhan felt pity towards himself. He was angry at himself as well. He had wanted to destroy all of Taos foundation and just leave him on his own. He realized that Tao wasn’t just given everything he wanted, he deserved everything he was ever given. He wanted to apologize to Kris. He felt extremely bad about what he’d done to him. He saw how much his few words had affected Kris. He didn’t know anything about him, he didn’t know his background, and he didn’t know that his parents really didn’t care about him. He felt ashamed to have shown his face in front of Kris.

            After Tao had left the police continued to take Luhan away.  They took him into the police car and drove off. The medics had showed up and had Kris up on a stretcher. They took Kris into the ambulance and asked Tao to go in the back with him. They drove off towards the hospital and on the way Kris had fallen asleep. Everything that had gone on throughout the day  the fight with Luhan had drained all of his energy. When he was on the stretcher while in the ambulance Tao held Kris’ hand in his but Kris didn’t look at him. He wasn’t angry with Tao, but he just felt like he couldn’t face Tao. Not now at least.


hey everyone. this chapter was actually unexpected for me to write since i usually write evverything the night before or the night that i update but i worked on this for 2 days and i know its shorter than the rest but it's okay. i kept getting distracted by movies and eventualy i would just give up and just watch like 4 movies then go to bed. 

anyways i hope you enjoyed the chapter and also thanks you to all my new subscribers. i know i don't say thank you personally but i really am greatful that you subscribe. it makes me so happy to see that people subcribed to my story.

okay well i'll see you guys again on friday and maybe monday of next week aswell since i don't have school on that monday either. yay for no school. i actually don't know why i have so many days off. oh well i don't care the more time i have to update for you guys.