Surprise!

Happily Ever After?

 

            When they walked in Totomato started running around the living room excited to see everything. There were balloons everywhere and party hats, confetti, and a multitude of different party things laid out in the living room. Kris led Tao to the second room and when he the lights all of Tao’s and Kris’ friends were there and so were their parents. Tao jumped in surprise when the party poppers went off. He held Junhong close to him but all he did was look at everything in the room and began to giggle. He clapped his hands in joy and pointed at everything that he thought was pretty.

“How?”

“Well I kind of stole your phone a couple of weeks ago and got Chen’s, Xiumin’s, and Lay’s emails and phone numbers and asked them to come. I didn’t want the most important people in your life to miss this. Also you remember Kai who help you move in.”

“So, when we left you were single and less than a year later you have a child, a dog and are getting married. In high school we always said that I was going to get married first. I guess you beat me to it.”

“Sorry Chen. I’m taking your spot as first.”

“It’s okay because you’re the happiest you’ve been in a long time.”

            Chen, Xiumin, and Lay crowded around Tao in a group hug and Junhong still being in Tao’s arms was engulfed by the hug as well. He didn’t know what was going on so instead of crying or anything he began to let out giggles and began to hug Xiumin’s head because it was the closest one to him aside from Tao.  Xuimin felt his hair being pulled by Junhong and looked directly at him and began to make faces at him. He grabbed Junhong out of Tao’s arms and swung him around slightly and then took him to his bed where Junhong began to jump.

“Kris, can I talk to you in private?”

“Sure.”

            They told everyone to just enjoy themselves and to take care of Junhong for a little bit while they talked. They all nodded and went back to playing with Junhong and Totomato.

“Kris, I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy. I don’t know if I’m dreaming or if this is some sort of nightmare that’s starts out great but slowly turns bad. This is just too good to be true.”

“Baby, I know. I never imagined I’d ever be happy again. I was always okay, but I was never happy. Until you came into my life. I’m never letting you go, ever. So you better be prepared to be with me for the rest of your life.”

“I think, I’m okay with that. You’ll be there for me when I need you, and I’ll be here for you. And Junhong will have to deal with all the love we have to offer to him. And then Totomato will have to be with us too. This feels like the best dream ever.”

“You want to know what they told me about Junhong at the orphanage.”

“What?”

“They told me that another gay couple wanted to take him in but in the end they couldn’t. She told me that Junhong had gotten to meet the couple but when all the paper work was done they couldn’t accept them because of some issues that showed up. I think that’s why Junhong began to cry when I said we had to go back to the orphanage. He’s so little and yet he’s already been through so much.”

“Do you know how Junhong ended up in the orphanage?”

“No, I don’t, but at least he’s home now.”

            They held onto each other while standing in the middle of their room. They separated when the door opened and they saw Junhong come in while rubbing his eyes with his hands.

“Daddies, I’m sleepy.”

“Okay baby, let’s get you to bed.”

“Tao, his pajamas are in the bag that’s on the couch. I’ll go get them and tell everyone to come back tomorrow when he’s not tired so we don’t disturb him.”

“Okay.”

            Kris went out and asked everyone to come back the next day but he saw everyone already getting ready to leave.  They said they’d all be there for lunch the next day. Kris nodded and walked everyone to the door. Xiumin was the last one to leave but when he was about to walk out of the door he turned around to look at Kris and hugged him.

“I’m sorry about what I told you that day when we went camping. I just didn’t want Tao to get hurt. When we were younger he got hurt by a lot of different people. I didn’t want the same thing to happen to him.”

“It’s alright. I understand, you’re just trying to protect him. But you don’t have to worry about him anymore, I’ll be there for him no matter what.”

“That’s good to know. If you ever need something, don’t be afraid to ask me. Also don’t be afraid to call any of us up. We consider you part of our group now. And besides it’s like the time difference is anything to worry about, the three of us never sleep.”

“How you survive without sleep, I have no idea.”

“Coffee’s my bestfriend.”

            They had a small laugh before Xiumin turned to leave.

“I see you’ve become quite close to Xiumin.”

“He is a friend. All of them are.”

“Good, I don’t want my boyfriend and my friends fighting.”

“Correction, its fiancé not boyfriend.”

“Okay, well either way you’re stuck with me. Now come on get Junhongs pajamas I’m going to give him a short bath before he goes to sleep.”

“Okay.”

            Tao walked back into the bedroom and then appeared with Junhong in his arms. He walked into the bathroom where the bath was slightly filled with warm water for Junhong to bathe in. When Junhong saw the bath and was put on the ground he instantly began to take off his clothes eager to get into the bath. Tao helped him since he saw he was having trouble with his shirt. When he was finally undress he set Junhong in the bathe and held him up so he wouldn’t fall back.  And then began to wet Junhongs body with the warm water to clean him. All the while, Kris was standing in the doorway looking at them. He sighed in contentment as he watched his family. When Tao was done cleaning Junhong he asked Kris for one of the smaller towels so he could dry off Junhong, but instead was handed a towel that was green and had a hat connected to it that had a frogs face on it. Junhong was excited to see it and began to clap his hands and let out loud shrieking laughs to show his excitement for the towel. When he was all dry and changed into his pajamas Tao took him to his and Kris’ room.

“Junhonggie, do you want to sleep with us tonight?”

“Yea.”

            Tao set him down in the middle of the bed and told Kris to watch him while he changed. When he was done changing he saw that Kris and Junghong had both fallen asleep. He searched for his phone took a picture of them. He then climbed into bed and turned off the lights so he too could go to sleep. He felt Junhong stir and move closer to Tao and he just pulled him in more so he’d sleep against him. 


so i'm finally getting my old laptop fixed and i'll have it back by next week, yay!!! well anyways i'm finally going to interact with the outside world aside from going to school, i'm going to be going to the beach tomorrow and well you know do stuff like whine to my family as to why there's no internet at the beach. but i am pretty excited since it is Venice Beach and you know that beach is known for all the wierdness that goes on there. i've been there once before since my family always goes to a different one but we thought Venice Beach was cool.

oh, i ditched 4 out of my 6 classes today. i was helping the yearbook staff all day even if i'm not in yearbook, but since i'm going to be on yearbook next year the teacher asked me to stay all day and help out so i could get a feel of what it was like. lets just say there was a lot of glitter in my hair and down  my shirt from all the posters that were made. 

 

okay enough about my life. i'm pretty happpy with how happy this story is and it'll have a nice not so fairytale ending. i hope you enjoyed this chapter and look foreward towards the last couple chapters of the story.