Our Weekend

Happily Ever After?

 

            The week went by fast and it was now the day that they would go pick up Yunho and Changmin’s dogs they had talked to the landlord and they agreed with much convincing that the dogs wouldn't cause much if any trouble. They bid a farewell to both of their friends as they parted and Kris put the dogs in the car. Tao followed and got into the passenger seat. Instead of heading straight home they went to visit their parents. They arrived at noon and were let in. Kris’ mother was ecstatic to see them but paid no attention when she saw the dogs waiting patiently behind Kris and Tao. She let them in as she picked up Chagmin’s dog since it was so small.

“Come in.”

“Mom, why do you always act like Changmins’ dog is the cutest thing in the world?”

“Because she is. I mean look at her, she’s adorable.”

“What about Yunhos’ dog? Do you not think he’s adorable?”

“He is it’s just that I can’t pick him up.”

            They walked in while arguing over what dog was cuter while Typhoon, Yunhos’ dog, went over to Kris’ father that was sitting on the couch and lay down next to him. Kris’ dad looked down and he felt the dog rest his face on his knee and began to pet him. He heard his wife argue with his son and Tao as to which dog was cuter. He personally liked Typhoon better, he was quieter and slept most of the time unless he was hungry then he’d follow you around and whine quietly until you fed him. Mang Dong, Changmins’ dog, would constantly follow you around and want to play all the time.

            Mrs. Wu set the table for lunch so that they could all eat outside in the backyard.  Tao had helped her while Kris was in the living room with his father.

“How are you and Tao?”

“We’re good.”

“He’s nothing like your last boyfriend, is he?”

“No, he’s nothing like Onew?”

“Good.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“When Onew broke up with me, how did you know? I tried to act the same around everyone.”

“I’ll give you that. You acted like you were fine, but you’re still my son. I could tell that you were hurting. Your battle was silent, but I heard it too. The sound of something to you disappearing. I didn't say anything, because I wanted you to come to me first. But you never did.”

“I didn't know I could. Not then. Not with what had happened.”

“I’m sorry; I made you feel that way. That we as your parents made you feel that way.”

“I’m okay with it. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be who I am now.”

“Exactly, you’d be even happier than you are now. We haven’t made you happy, Tao has and I don’t want him to hurt you. This time if anything goes wrong just tell me. I’ll be here for you. If I’m not home then call me at the office, I’ll be there for you.”

            Kris felt tears leave his eyes. He hastily wiped them away not wanting his father to see him cry but his father got up and sat next to him and patted him on the back, reassuring him that it was okay to cry. Kris hugged his father for the first time since he was a child. He buried his face in his father’s shoulder and inhaled his father’s scent.

            Tao walked in to the living room to tell the other two that the food was ready but stepped back and his behind the door-frame and saw Kris hug his father. Mrs. Wu came to see what was taking Tao so long and saw him standing in the door frame and was about to ask him what he was doing when she herself saw Kris embracing his father. She knew that that was the first time in years that they had even come in contact with each other. She pulled Tao away from the door-frame and walked in to the living room with Tao beside her.  Kris heard them walking in and pulled away from his father. He looked up at his mother and smiled at her. She smiled back as she slightly pushed Tao towards Kris.

            They went to the backyard to eat. The dogs followed them and they began playing on the grass. Typhoon was chasing Mang Dong but soon it was the other way around. The four of them looked at them playing and laughed occasionally when one of the dogs would do something funny. One the dogs were done running around they went to where they were eating and sat at their feet. Kris’ father would occasionally sneak food to Typhoon when his wife wasn't looking. The rest of the afternoon was spent together and Kris’ parents suggested they spend the night. They agreed to do so. They went to get some of the dogs’ stuff from the car so they would sleep in their beds.

            The night passed by them without a word and it was soon morning. They woke up to the smell of food being prepared and the sound of the dogs slightly whining wanting to get out of the room. Kris got up to open the door for the dogs so they could go roam the house. He climbed back into bed with Tao as he was slowly waking up.

            They stayed in bed till Kris’ mother called them to breakfast. They got up sluggishly, in no way in a hurry to get to the table. Once they were ready and went down they were met with a flash from a camera that was held in Mrs. Wu’s hands. She smiled and let out a small giggle as she looked over the photo she had just taken. Tao went over to her and embraced her and looked at the picture as well. She told them it was for her keeping.  Once Kris’ father came down the stairs he as well was met with the bright flash from the camera. He whines saying that he wasn't ready for the picture and to take another one. Mrs. Wu just left while her husband complained. She went to set the table and called everyone in.

            They all ate in a peaceful silence. Once they were done eating Kris and Tao were assigned to do the dishes to which they both complained about but their parents said that they had to get ready for work, but really they just didn't want to do the dishes. Kris and Tao didn't realize that neither of their parents went to work on Sunday and they were stuck doing the dishes no matter what. Tao washed the dishes as Kris dried and put them away. They finished in less than an hour and went up to Tao’s room to get their things so they could leave. They got ready and headed to the living room where they heard the TV. They walked in and greeted their parents and were greeted back. They announced that they were leaving and the dogs started to run around them as they saw the leashes in their hands.

“Where are you guys going?”

“We were planning to take Mang Dong and Typhoon to the dag park and then home so they could rest.”

“Okay.”

“We’ll visit again sometime soon.”

“Okay. Be sure to be safe.”

“Okay, bye.”

            They left the house and got into the car. The dog park wasn't far from the house so got their and both of the dogs started to bark in excitement. Once they parked the car Tao opened the back door of the car to let the dogs out but was surprised to see them just waiting there with their leashed in their mouths waiting for Tao to take hold of them. Kris looked at Tao and asked him what was wrong and Tao pointed at the dogs that were still sitting in the car.

“I taught them how to do that. I used to take care of them a lot and I taught them that so  I wouldn’t have to run around trying to catch them.”

“Oh, so do I just take the leash?”

“Yea, come on their getting impatient.”

“Okay.”

            Tao grabbed the leashes from their mouths and they began to bark in excitement once again. He pulled at the leashes slightly to signal the dogs to get out of the car and they both jumped out in a hurry. Kris took hold of Typhoon’s leash since he saw Tao struggling with both of the dogs. Even if Mang Dong was excited to be at the park she got Tao to pick her up and carry her till they reached the center of the park. There were a lot of people at the park since the weather was beginning to become warmer and heavy jackets could be discarded and traded in for loose fitting clothes. Also all the snow had melted which made it a lot easier to run around with children and to be out and about.  Tao put Mang Dongon the ground and took off her leash while Kris kneeled down and began to take off Typhoons leash before he’d start to jump around. Once the leashes were off both dogs took off and began playing with other dogs in the park.

            Kris and Tao decided to walk slowly through the park always keeping an eye on the dogs. At one point Typhoon had began playing with another dog who’s owner had a frees be and began chasing it along with the other dog. They strolled around till the dogs came to them and were panting. Kris decided it was time to go home since both dogs seemed to have played enough and were tired. They climbed back into the car and headed home, but since it was getting late already Kris stopped to get some food while Tao was in the car with the dogs. Kris got back into the car and headed home. When they got home the dogs had fallen asleep in the back seat. Kris said he’d take the dog and their food up while Tao got the dogs beds out and took them up. They met up and at the front door and pushed the door open. The dogs instantly went into their beds when Tao set them down near the couch.            

            Kris and Tao ate and them showered and met in bed where they cuddled till they fell asleep. Tao though woke up in the middle of the night because Kris’ phone had began to ring. He woke up Kris so he’d answer his phone and as hard as he tried Kris wouldn’t budge so he answered the phone himself. When he looked at the name and number he didn’t recognize either but he thought it was just one of Kris’ friends so he just answered it.

“Hello.”een 

“Hello, is Kris there?”

“I’m sorry Kris is asleep right now. Do you want me to give him a message?”

“No, it’s fine. I’ll call him another time. By the way who are you?”

“Oh, I’m Tao, Kris’ boyfriend. And you are”

“Onew, an old friend of his.”

“Okay, well I’ll tell him you called.”

“Thanks.”

            The phone call ended and finally Kris woke up.

“Who was it?”

“He said he was an old friend of yours. His name was Onew.”

            Tao saw Kris’ eyes widen in surprise. He didn't know what was happening but Kris just told him to go back to sleep and not worry about it. Tao complied with it but he couldn't fall asleep again. He just lay in bed looking at Kris sleep.


hey i know this is kind of like a filler chapter but i really have been running out of inspiration but i think its mainly because i don't do anything all day and when i get to writing i'm bored and i don't know what to write. i hope when school starts again next week y inspiratio will come back.

but at least you guys know who Kris' last byoyfriend was. 

*shameless promoting*

                      i began another story. some of you have already subrcribed to it and i'm grateful. it's another TaoRis fic. the story was requested by PandLover97.   to see the story, if you haven't already here it is  >>>>>>>>>>  School Affairs  <<<<<<<<<<<<