A Spark Of Love

Happily Ever After?

 

When Kris woke up he was no longer on the stretcher. He was in a hospital bed in a single room hospital room. Everything was white except for the few things that were either a baby blue or silver and greyish. He heard the sound of his heartbeat on the monitor. He looked up to find himself attached to multiple machines. They were all standard machines. Nothing that had happened to him had been too serious to the point that he had, had to of been hooked up to those air masks or an IV continuously dripping something into his veins. He was okay. He was just a little bruised up and sore. He felt something in his hand and looked down to see another hand in his. I was big and pale. It was soft yet rough. He couldn’t see the owners face but he knew it was it belonged to Tao. He remembered the feeling of his hand clasped together with Taos the day Tao made him Chinese food. He inspected to the rest of the room and found a bag sitting on another chair. His parents weren’t anywhere to be seen. He wondered if Tao notified them or not. Then he looked to his right and found a clock placed on the side table with a little note beneath it. He twisted his body in hopes of sitting up without waking up Tao; in which he failed.

            Tao felt Kris stir on the bed and woke up instantly. He rubbed his eyes with his free hand and looked up to find an alarmed Kris. Tao thought it was because he had woken up in a hospital room so he thought nothing of it. He smiled at Kris in hoped of ridding his face of the alarming look. He succeeded and was glad that Kris smiled back.

“Morning.”

“Morning.”

“ How are you feeling?”

“okay, I guess. My body still hurts but I guess I’m okay since I can move.”

“That’s good.”

            They stayed in silence for a bit until Kris remembered the note underneath the clock. He turned to get it but his ribs hurt when he had stretched to a point and so he retracted his body back, without getting the note. Tao noticed this and smiled. He leaned over the bed and got the note for Kris. When Tao was passing the note to Kris their hands brushed slightly and they turned away from each other; completely forgetting that their other hands were laced together. Kris opened up the card and read it. He found out that his parents had come to visit him. His parents just had to leave because of work. His father had an important meeting while his mother had to meet with a company about her new designs. The last thing he read was that his parents would come and get him when they were done for the day and stay with him. He smiled to himself knowing that his parents at least cared. He looked over at Tao for a second but he averted his gaze when his eyes met Taos.

            The silence was broken when Taos’ phone went off because of a call. Tao answered the call only to be surprised to find out that it was his friends. They had all called to ask what hospital Kris was in. Tao reluctantly gave them the name of the hospital and number that Kris was in. Tao was scared that his friends were part of Luhans plan and went to finish it. He felt a little safer since he was in a hospital and they had cameras everywhere. Not long after the other three walked into the room arms filled with flowers, food, chocolate, get well cards, and stuffed animals. Tao was surprised to see all these things in their arms since he really wasn’t expecting them to come with anything. Kris was even more surprised. Kris hadn’t overheard the conversation over the phone so he didn’t know that Xiumin, Lay, and Chen were going to show up. Kris had been flipping through the channels on the TV that was placed against the opposite wall from his bed.

“Hey!” came a unison of three voices.

“Hi.” Came Kris’ response.

“We don’t know what kind of food you like so we just kinda brought everything we could find.”

“I didn’t know what kind of sweets you liked so I just bought a bunch of different kinds too.”

“And I didn’t know what animal you liked so I just got you some different one.”

            Kris was stunned when he saw all the different things within the arms of the other three. He saw them moving around the room trying to put all the food and sweets on the little table that were in the room while Xiumin went over to Kris and handed him the plushies. He specifically handed him a Llama plushie with a card attached to it. Kris opened the card and read it. He was touched that Xiumin would apologize for his words.  He didn’t really mind what Xiumin had said to him, he was just looking out for Tao. Kris looked up from the card to see Xiumin biting his lip in nervousness.

“Thanks you. I love it.”

            Xiumin smiled with all his teeth bearing. His smile was not only radiant but the smile reached his eyed which illuminated with glee. Everyone else saw what was happening and stayed quiet till they heard a womens voice coming from the door. “Are you cheating on my baby Tao with one of his friends? What kind of son are you?”   They all looked around to find a woman that resembled Kris a lot. Kris and Tao smiled at what his mother had said. They smiled at her and laughed. They then looked at each other and smiled.

“Hi mom.”

“Why was I not invited to this festivity of healing my son with food?”

“Because neither one of us knew.”

“Alright then, I’ll let you off only this one time.”

“okay.”

            The other three just stared at the women in the entry way. She was beautiful. They all looked between Kris and what appeared to be his mother throughout the conversation. They all then greeted the women with a bow and an apology for not inviting her. She laughed a hearty laugh and put her purse down on the chair and began looking at all the food that the others had brought. She got some food on one of the plates that they had brought and took it over to Kris and said, “sick people first.” Everyone looked at her and smiled at how she was acting. Taos smile was the biggest, he knew the past behind the family so he was happy to see his mother interacting so lovingly towards Kris. Tao knew that it wasn’t so easy for her to be that way. She still blamed Kris for Chanyeol but then she blamed herself for making Kris into what he was.

            Not long after Kris’ mother had arrived did Kris’ father arrived. He walked in with some flowers and food and a smile on his face but the smile slipped from his lips when he saw that there were multiple people in the room and already eating. All the attention in the room went to him when they heard the door open. The room became quiet. Kris’ father had an intimidating look on his face no matter what.  So when everyone saw that he had walked in and saw the smile fall off of his face they all stopped what they were doing and looked at him waiting to see what he would do or say. What came out of his mouth surprised everyone.

“Who beat me to buying everything? I even ended the meeting early so I would beat everyone.”

            The pout on his lips and the whine in voice made everyone laugh. Then the little stomp he did with his foot made everyone laugh even harder. Kris’ father might have an intimidating look to his face and height but he was really just a child at heart. Sure whenever business needed to be done he was completely and utterly focused but when it came to home life and light hearted things he was still a child. They all then invited him to sit down and eat.

            The rest of the day was spent eating and laughing with occasional breaks because the nurses had to check how Kris was doing. He wasn’t completely in terrible shape but he did need to stay in the hospital for about a week in order for his internal bruises to heal properly. At one point one of the nurses came in and stayed for a little bit longer than she should have. She stayed and had some food and talked with everyone. She then told everyone that they were lucky because it was supposed to be her lunch break but she had to go back to work soon. She then left but not before she told another lame joke that made everyone laugh hysterically. She then left and went back to work and everyone in the room just continued on with their conversations.  Then the night fell upon them and they all had to leave.

            Kris was left alone for the night with all his new stuffed animals and the smell of flowers. Everyone bid him goodnight and promised to come the next day. Tao didn’t say much to him that day but it was okay since he smiled in the most precious way when he said goodbye to Kris. He said he’d be the first one there in the morning. He made it a promise and kissed Kris on the forehead so he’d have a good night’s rest. When he left, Kris was still extremely happy and the last nurse for the day came in. she did the same checkup that everyone did. The only exception was that she talked to Kris about how his day was. She asked him questions about who everyone was and how they came to know each other. She asked that about everyone except his parents. He answered all the questions honestly. Then her last question before she was about to leave got them into a full on conversation.

“Is the tallest boy your boyfriend?”

“No, I mean I don’t know what we are.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well I’m not sure how I feel about him. I really do like him but I don’t know if its love. He’s more than just a friend to me now, but I’m not completely in love with him. I know I need him in my life. He’s so important to me. If anything were to happen to him I don’t know what I’d do.”

“Well it sounds to me like you have some thinking to do. Don’t think too much though. If you realize your feelings to late you might lose him. Besides you two look good together.”

“Thanks.”

“Well I have to go check on the other patients. Be sure to think about it. And also get some rest since they all did promise to come back tomorrow. Bye.”

“Goodnight.”

            While the Kris and the nurse were lost in there little conversation someone was behind the door listening. Tao had forgotten something in Kris’ room and went back to get it but he heard Kris talking to the nurse about how he had met everyone and he stayed for the whole conversation. He didn’t end up not getting what he went back for. He left when the nurse was saying goodbye to Kris and telling him to think about his feelings. Tao was happy to know that Kris didn’t just think of him as a friend. He knew he had a chance. He’d make Kris fall in love with him no matter what. He loved Kris. He had discovered his feelings for Kris and planned to act on them.



 

Yay Kris is okay!!!!!!!!!

anyways i hope you enjoyed this chapter and i might be updating again on monday since i don't have school but i'm not sure since my friend is leaving for Texas and i don't know if i'll be able to write a happy chapter with my friend leaving that same day. Tomorrow she's having a sleep over and then on Sunday we're going to Denny's as a last goodbye kind of thing, i really will miss her. T.T all my friends move away so soon. seriously all my new friends that i made last year are moving. its honestley so sad. AM I NOT DESTINED TO HAVE FRIENDS????????? it's okay i'll just be a lone turtle for the rest of my life.

anyways. enough of the personal stuff. comment and tell me what you liked or didn't like and i hope to see you soon. BAI BAI