The Beginning of Our Family

Happily Ever After?

 

            Everything was fine between them. Onew tried to get Kris back a couple of times but Tao was always there to scare him off. Kris was so grateful to have Tao with him.  He decided that he wanted their lives to be made a little more exciting so he took a vacation from work and took Tao out every day. He didn’t tell Tao anything about it. The first day of his two week vacation Tao got up in a hurry because they hadn’t set the alarm the day before. He panicked thinking that Kris was going to be late for work; when he finally got Kris to wake up he was told to go back to sleep and not worry about it. At first Tao didn’t follow what Kris told him to do and got up anyways. He finally went back to bed when Kris actually got up and dragged him back to bed. He complained none the less, saying that Kris was going to get in trouble and that it wasn’t his fault if he lost his job for being lazy, but he still stayed in bed with Kris. The second morning went about the same except the part of Kris dragging Tao back to bed.

            On the third day Kris got up early so Tao would think he went to work but he left to go prepare for his surprise for Tao. When Tao woke up he didn’t see Kris and got up. When he looked around the apartment for him he couldn’t find him but when he reached the kitchen he saw a piece of paper on the table and picked it up. The paper told him to sit down and enjoy the breakfast that was put on the table for him beforehand. He followed the note and then when he put the dished in the sink he found another note at the bottom of the sink, it said, “Leave the dishes, shower and get ready for a day out. Wear comfortable shoes. When you’re done getting ready there’s a note under the lamp on the bedside table.” He went to take a shower and pick out an outfit. When he was done getting ready he went to look under the lamp and underneath he found a small sticky note stuck to the bottom. He took it off of the lamp and read what it told him to do. He was told to go to the dog park. He grabbed a light jacket, his phone, and keys then walked out of the apartment to head over to the dog park. After almost an hour of walking he finally reached the dog park but couldn’t spot Kris anywhere. He searches the whole park and was getting frustrated until a small dog approached him a dropped a rolled up piece of paper at his feet and barked. When he unrolled the piece of paper it read, “what do you want first, a puppy or a baby?” Tao was confused by the note. He looked up to see if he could find Kris anywhere. When he couldn’t spot him he thought the dog might have given him a paper meant for someone else but the dog just stayed at his feet. When a small child came running to him he extended his arms out as if he wanted Tao to give him a hug. Tao at first didn’t know what to do but when he saw the child there just standing he looked so cute and he enveloped him in his arms as if he were his own child. The little boy couldn’t have been more than three or four years old. When Tao pulled away from the hug he asked the boy where his parents where but all the boy did was point at him.

            Tao heard a small chuckle behind him and turned around. He saw Kris standing behind him smiling down at him.

“So what’ll it be? If you want we can have both.”

            That’s when Tao remembered the note from the puppy that was still at his feet. He looked at the puppy and the boy standing in front of him and then at Kris. That’s when it hit him, the little boy was pointing at him when he asked him where his parents where because Tao had the chance to become his parent. The puppy wouldn’t leave his side because he thought he was his owner. Tao smiled and engulfed the little boy in his arms as he started to cry silently. Kris went over to Tao and hugged him and the little boy together. The puppy went over to them and started to whine. The little boy pulled away from the hug and picked up the puppy.

“What’s his name?”

“Junhong.”

“That’s cute. And the puppy?”

“Undecided.”

“Jonhonggie?”

“Yes, dad?”

“What do you want to name him?”

“I can choose?”

“Mhmm.”

“Totomato”

“Okay, his name’s Totomato.”

            Kris took Tao’s hand as he told Junhong to go and play with Totomato. He sat Toa at the bench and made him look directly at him.

“Tao, I know I should have run this through with you first but I remembered what you said and I want the same thing. I want to be able to have something stable and be sure of my future. I talked to my parents about it and they said it was a good idea. I talked to Yunho and Changmin as well and they said that this was a good idea as well. I picked Junhong because he’s adorable and I know you wanted a baby. And the puppy I couldn’t help it, Junhong and I were passing by the pet store and I was thinking of just getting him a fish or something small that doesn’t need a lot of maintenance but we saw the puppy and we both fell in love with it.”

“Thank you, for thinking of me. And for doing this. Junhong seems so sweet and so does Totomato. His name sounds like tomato but it’s cute. But really should you be skipping this many days of work without advising Changmin, I mean I know he’s your friend but he’s also your boss.”

“I asked him for a two week break. I told you I’d stay at work a little later the last couple of weeks but I was really filing out the papers for Junhong. I was afraid it might be too soon for us to make such a big commitment such as becoming parents but I know that I’m never letting you go and that maybe sometime in the future you might want to become Mr. Wu.”

            As Kris asked Tao, Junhong came running to them, when he was in front of Tao he reached into his pocket and pulled out ring. Instead of handing it over to Kris or Tao he slid the ring onto Tao’s figure. Tao felt like he was about to faint. He was so happy. And just kept smiling down at the ring and then when a little bit of the shock faded he pulled Kris into a kiss. They could hear Junhong whining about cooties.

“Is that a yes?”

“Definitely.”

 

“Daddy?”

“Yes, sweetie?”

“Can I have ice cream?”

“Of course you can.”

            They all left the bench that they were sitting on and got up to go get ice cream. Totomato followed alongside Junhong and kept playing with him. When they were finally at actual street that wasn’t the park Tao pulled Junhong up from the ground and into his arms.  Kris picked up Totomato as well. When they were crossing the street Junhong kept laughing at people that had funny colored hair or they had on a funny print on their shirts. When they reached the ice-cream parlor Tao went up to the counter so Junhong could see all the different flavors that they had.

            Once they got their ice creams they sat outside and ate. When they were done Kris told Tao that they had to go to the orphanage in order for Tao to sign as Junhong’s other parent. Junhong didn’t understand, and all he heard was that they would go back to the orphanage. He began to cry and say that he didn’t want to go back in broken words. Tao brought him into his arms and told him that they were only going to go back so that he’d be able to go home with them. Junhong’s cries died down when Tao said that and wrapped his tiny arms around Tao’s neck. They walked to Kris’ car and settled the now sleeping Junhong in a car seat and the puppy on the floor of the car.

            When they arrived at the orphanage Tao took Junhong out of the seat and carried him in. The women at the front desk seemed to recognize Kris and greeted him immediately.

“Hello, Mr. Wu. What can I do for you?”

“I’m here to finish signing for Junhong, with my partner.”

“Oh my, you two are so handsome. When Mr. Wu said you were the one of the best looking people alive he wasn’t lying.”

“Thank you ma’am. I’m Hwang ZiTao. But everyone just calls me Tao.”

“Well it’s an honor to meet you. And I’m guessing you’ve fallen in love with little Junhonggie too.”

“Yes, I have.”

“Well he’ll be all yours when you finish your part of the forms.”

            They walked into an office and the women pulled out a file and pulled out the forms that Tao needed to finish. He saw that most of his information was already put in by Kris. All he really had to do was put in his birth identification number and a few other legal things that Kris didn’t know. The women told them that they had to fill out another form since Tao wasn’t born in Korea so he’d have to file a letter of understanding that he understood that if he ever chose to leave the country for more than a certain period of time he’d have to file a request with the government in order for Junhong to be able to go.  They were in the office for almost three hours before all the paper work was done and complete. Junhong had woken up and began to play with Totomato who had jumped out of the car when they were taking Junhong out of the car and followed them into the building. The women that assisted them didn’t mind since it was a small dog and seemed to be mannered.

            When they were finally done Junhong was placed once again in the backseat along with Totomato.  This time Totomato was placed on Junhongs lap so that he’d entertain Junhong on the way home. When they arrived at their apartment the landlord had greeted them while they passed the office.

“Hey.”

“Hey, Tablo.”

“Kris, I see Tao here has accepted your proposal.”

“Yes. I hope you don’t mind Totomato. I told you about Junhong but Totomato was kind of sudden.”

“It’s fine. He looks like he’ll be responsible. Can I hold little Junhong.”

“Sure.”

            Tao handed Junhong over to Tablo. He trusted him with Junhong since Tablo also had a small child, so he knew how to carry them and take care of them. Tablo talked with Kris and Tao for a little while he played with Junhong. When they saw Junhong yawn Tablo handed Junhong back to Tao so they’d take him up o bed. Then Tao panicked a little asking Kris where Junhong would sleep and everything else.

“Don’t worry. I knew you’d say yes so I told Changmin, Yunho, and a couple of other friends to come over while we were out and turn the second bedroom into Junhong’s new room.”

“Is there something that you didn’t think of?”

“What I want for dinner.”

“I’ll make something real quick when we get inside.”


So a lot happened in this chapter and i already started the next chapter. lets just say this story is gonna make you cringe from how fluffy it's going to be for the next chapter. honestly you'll be puking rainbows by the end of it. 

i know adopting a child is a lot more work but i didn't want to actually list everything that's needed to adopt a child. i know it's so hard. my family was going to adopt a little girl and it took almost a year but we ended up not being able to adopt her because there's already 3 kids in my family and they thought my parents wouldn't be able to handle it financially. 

 

well i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and baby Zelo as TaoRis' baby. i swear i couldn't chose between Zelo and JongUp. i mean Zelo's the baby but JongUp as a baby is just adorable just imagine a mini clueless JongUp that smiles at everything,