First Fight

Happily Ever After?

 

When Kris looked across to look at Tao he would see happiness. He saw a spark in Taos eyes that he’d never seen before. He felt strange. He felt almost left out. He felt alone. He was surrounded by Taos friends. They weren’t his friends, they were Taos. He wasn’t invited because he was part of their group. He was invited because Tao decided it was a good idea. He felt a sort of anger rise up inside him. He didn’t let it show but he was sad, sad because he was intruding in on their friendship.

            After Kris’ mini conflict with himself he stayed quiet. Obviously he couldn’t say much since he wasn’t included in the memories but he didn’t really do anything either, he just sat there for the rest of the night.

            The next morning Kris was the first to wake up. He went to go get more wood for the fire. Soon after he left Luhan woke up and went to the other tent to wake up the others but saw that Kris wasn’t there. He decided to go look for him into the woods. Since Kris hadn’t left long before Luhan found him in no time. He at first just watched Kris, then after a short while he decided to go and help him with gathering the wood.

“Hey.”

“Oh, hey.”

“Why’d you wake up so early?”

“I guess I just can’t sleep in since I wake up early every day because of work.”

“Oh. I noticed you looked kind of out of it last night. Did Xiumin say something to you? I know his words may seem harsh but it’s all in good intentions.”

“Well he did say something to me but that’s not it.”

“Then what is it?”

“I just feel like I’m not supposed to be here. I feel like I’m intruding on your time with Tao.”

            Luhans expression changed after Kris said that. His expression became dark. Almost frightening. For someone with his face being as beautiful as it was, surely was frightening especially the way his eyes seemed to flicker with flames.

“You are. We all came here to spend time with him, not you. I don’t even know what he sees in you. You seem pretty pathetic to me. I don’t know what Xiumin said to you but I do know that it’s probably the truth. You’re invading our space and it’d be better if you weren’t here. So why don’t you leave early and we’ll take Tao home when we feel like it. It’s not like he actually wanted you here. He probably just felt bad for you since you’re always alone. Last night when you were out with Xiumin he told me about how your family treated you. I actually don’t even feel bad. You act as if the whole world should revolve around you. The thing is no one cares about you. Not your family, not Tao, no one. Do you understand?”

            Kris just stood there taking everything in that Luhan had said. His heart started to beat at an incredibly fast pace and his mind out but his body was still awake. He punched Luhan in the jaw. He saw a trail of blood start to come out of Luhans lip where he had bitten down on it with the impact. Kris left. He didn’t collect his things. He just left. He got his keys, phone, and sped off onto the road. He didn’t think about what the others would think when they found out that he was gone.  He didn’t really care either.

            He didn’t go home. He went to visit Chanyeol. It had been a while since he’d last visited. He stayed there for a while. He didn’t talk to Chanyeol he just sat on the patch of grass next to his grave. Those that passed by him gave him sympathetic glances when they saw him just looking at the grave. A small girl went over to him and handed him a flower. She told him “I don’t know if he likes these kinds of flowers but at least give it to him.” Then she walked away with her what Kris assumed to be her mother.  He looked at the flower and smiled.

            Even after Chanyeol had died he still got more attention than he did. It saddened him to no end. He wasn’t upset at Chanyeol anymore, he was upset with himself. He wanted to know what he was doing wrong. Why Luhans words were so true and yet he’d only known him for a day. He wanted to know why he was so insignificant to the world.

            When the night had fallen Kris went home to his apartment. He expected to find it empty and cold like how it used to be before Tao came into his life. It wasn’t. The lights were on, and  when he stepped in he saw five other pairs of shoes in the entrance. He didn’t recognize any of the shoes aside from Taos. He didn’t care whos’ they were either. He didn’t care about anything anymore. He smelled food and felt his stomach growl but he didn’t go into the kitchen he just kept on his way to his bedroom. He heard some rustling coming from another part of his apartment but he didn’t care. The thought of a burglar being in his house didn’t scare him. He didn’t care enough to be scared. He went to his room got some clothes and went to the take a bath. He didn’t remember the last time he took a bath. He’d always take showers because they were more convenient.  

            When Kris got out of his bath an hour later, the smell of food was still there. He felt hungry but he didn’t want to eat. He changed into his sleeping clothes and climbed into bed. He drifted off into a deep sleep not realizing that five other people were in his house waiting for him in the kitchen.

            After what seemed to be forever Tao finally told everyone to get out of the kitchen since it seemed like Kris wasn’t going to be going into the kitchen. He grabbed a plate and filled it with food and took it to Kris’ room with four others behind him. He opened the door slowly as to not make himself known to Kris. When he opened the door he was surprised to find Kris already asleep. Kris never fell asleep that fast. Tao noticed the fast change in Kris’ behavior. He told everyone to leave the room and asked to keep quiet while they were in the house. They all did as Tao instructed. Most of them went back into the kitchen to eat some of the food that they had prepared for him while he was gone.

            When they woke up at the campsite they all noticed that Kris and Luhan were gone. They all started to get ready to go look for them when Luhan walked out of the woods and into sight. They all expected Kris to come up behind Luhan but they were disappointed to find out that their  assumption was wrong.

“Where’s Kris?” asked Chen.

“He left when I had gotten up he said that they had called him into work.”

“But all his stuff is still here.” Retorted Tao.

“He asked me to tell you to take them home when we left to take you home.”

“Alright.”

            The rest of the group didn’t question Luhans word but Tao stood there thinking about why Kris didn’t wake him up to tell him that he was leaving. The rest of the day went on fine till the sun started to set and everyone decided it was a good time to leave. Chen had asked Tao if he could go along with Tao to Kris’ apartment to say goodbye just in case he didn’t get the chance to meet him again. Everyone chimed in along with Chen asking to go. So they eventually all packed everything up and left towards the city.  Once they reached Kris’ apartment they saw that he hadn’t arrived home yet so they decided to make dinner for him. The food was done no long before Kris had arrived and they all hid in the kitchen when they heard his food steps near the door.

            When Kris entered his apartment they all held their breathe in hopes that Kris hadn’t found it strange that the lights were on and that the smell of food was strong. They saw as Kris paused for a bit and looked at their shoes and they all face palmed realizing how stupid that was.  Then they saw Kris just overlook their shoes and walked in, they once again saw how Kris had paused for a bit and take a breath realizing that he had smelled the food but they saw him continuing on into the hallway and into his room. They got up off of their knees to now a standing position. They scurried around in the kitchen to try and clean up everything quickly before Kris was done with his bath. When Tao told them to keep quiet when they were maneuvering towards Kris’ room to give him food they found it odd at how quiet Kris’ seemed to be. They went in and saw that Kris had fallen asleep.

            After the others had left the room Tao closed the door behind the others and went to lay down the plate of food at the desk. He walked over to Kris’ side and shook him a little bit in an attempt to wake him up. He didn’t get anything back. He tried again but this time he got a small grunt. The third time he shook Kris, Kris took Taos’ hand in his to stop him from shaking him any further.

“What do you want.”

“Well the guys wanted to say bye to you before they left.”

“Tell them to go away. It’s not like I’m their friend or anything. I was just a burden to them yesterday.”

“No you weren’t. They liked you. They had fun telling you all of our stories.”

“Exactly they’re your stories. I wasn’t included in any of it. They just told me because they were sharing with eachother, not me. I was just there. I wasn’t wanted nor need there. I left because I wanted to. It’s not like it was any different when I left.”

“Wait. You just said that you just left. Luhan told us that you got a call from work and had to leave.”

“I guess he really did want me to be gone.”

“What are you talking about? Luhan would never want to get rid of you.”

“Go ask him if he likes me. If he says he does then he’s living to you.”

“So now you’re calling Luhan a lier.”

“Yes.”

“You don’t know anything about him. You can’t just go calling him names when you know absolutely nothing about him!”

“But he can do that to me?’

“When has he ever called you a liar or any sort of names?”

“Never.”

“Exactly. He’s been nothing but nice to you and you go and call him a lier behind his back! And to think that I could share my friends with you. I guess I was wrong. “

“Wait Tao. It’s not like that!”

“I now know why you don’t have any friends. You’re a terrible person to be around.”

            Tao left Kris’ room and went to his friends that had heard the argument all the way from the living room. They all left without saying goodbye to Kris. Luhan took Tao to his house while the rest of them went to the hotel they were staying at for the week. When Tao was about to get off of the car Luhan pulled him in and hugged him.

“I’m sorry for how Kris acted.”

“Don’t be. It’s alright.”

            They stayed like that for a while until Luhan pulled back a little bit and took Taos’ hand and with the other caressed Taos’ cheek and he slowly leaned in to kiss Tao. Tao didn’t pull back right away. Tao stayed there with his eyes wide open looking at Luhan.

“Why’d you do that?”

“This weekend was just supposed to be the two of us but the other guys tagged along and then you brought along Kris. I just wanted to be alone with you for a little while.”

“But why’d you kiss me?”

“I missed you. I missed having you around me. I knew you liked me. I just never said anything. I never realized my feelings till you left. I missed you so much.”

            Luhan once again pulled Tao into another kiss. This time Tao melted into it. He no longer had feelings for Luhan but he felt a nice warmth travel around his body when Luhan kissed him. He was happy that someone actually liked him.  They stopped kissing soon after. Tao got out of the car and walked to his doorstep with the promise of Luhan picking him up the day after for lunch.

            As Luhan drove away from Taos’ house a smile crept up onto his lips. It was a demonic smile. He was proud of himself. He had already taken away one of Tao’s friends in just a day. Breaking him down even further wouldn’t be much harder than that.


Hey. i know that my update is late. but at least its a full length chapter instead of just a filler. i hope you enjoy'd this chapter. i feel like this is barely the beginning of the story though. the rest of the drama has to unfold and then it had to be solved.  i'm sorry for those of you that are Luhan bias. i know i made him kind of  a jerk but really i just wanted him to be the evil person since he's so cute on the outside.

also thank you to my new subscribers for subscibing to the story. i hope you enjoy the story. 

please comment. comment make me feel better about my writing. i honestly wouldn'tve continued this story if it wasn't for the few people that comment and for my IRL friend that keeps telling me to update. 

 

if you guys haven't noticed i had a poster made for this story. thank you to Fangirlrampage for making the poster for me. i love it aned i hope you guys do to. 

also i started writing a new oneshot yesterday and thats another reason as to why i didn't update. idk when i'll have that up. it's OnTae so any Shinee fans feel free  to check it out when its posted. i will tell you in the next update if i have posted it or not. 

thank you again for reading and stay awesome.