You're Not Going To Break Us Apart

Happily Ever After?

 

            Over the next couple of weeks Kris and Tao would just sit down together and talk. It didn’t matter about what but as long as they got to learn something about each other. Kris’ phone had also become quit noisy. Onew kept calling him and texting him. At first Tao didn’t mind but he’d constantly hear it go off when Kris was home and it had begun to annoy him. He talked to Kris about it but Kris told him not to worry. He was just trying to settle things with Onew.  On a Saturday Kris told Tao that he’d be meeting Onew that day.  Tao just smiled and nodded at him. He was kind of scared of Kris meeting Onew since he thought that Onew would try and get Kris back.  Kris told him not to worry but how could he not Onew was Kris’ ex-boyfriend.

            When Kris arrived to meet Onew he saw that Onew hadn’t really changed.  He looked the same only a little bit more mature. His school clothes had been switched to skinny jeans with a t-shirt and a leather jacket. No doubt Onew looked hot but he still didn’t have anything on Tao. That man looked good in anything and everything. When he sat down in front of Onew he greeted him. Onew smiled at him and with a small sparkle in his eyes.

“Finally, I get to see you in person after so long. How have you been?”

“Fine, you?”

“I’ve been good. I haven’t been able to find anyone that meets up to par with you. You really were the best out of everybody. I guess that’s why I asked to see you. So you know, I usually don’t wait so long for things like this. But you’re special. So what do you say? Wanna go for a round 2 in this thing we call love?”

“What we had was not love. I loved you but I was just your toy.  I already have a boyfriend anyways. You talked to him on the phone the first night you called.”

“So he wasn’t just some one night stand?”

“No, he’s not.”

“How long have you two been together?”

“A couple of months.”

“Well sorry to break it to you but you two won’t last much longer.”

“And why’s that?”

“Because I always get what I want. And right now, I want you.”

“I’m not going to cheat on Tao, with you.”

“Who said anything about cheating? I was thinking more of breaking you apart and you know having you come back to me.”

“That’s not going to happen.”

            A third voice entered the conversation. Kris looked up because he recognized it as Tao’s voice. He looked up and was right.  Onew looked up and smiled. At first he didn’t think that Tao was Kris’ boyfriend, he was far too hot to be dating someone like Kris.

“And who are you?”

“Tao, Kris’ boyfriend.”

“Oh, now why is that? You seem like you can do so much better. Maybe someone like me?”

“I’ve been with someone like you. Now he’s in prison. And that’s what’s going to happen to you at one point.”

“Oh, really what makes you think that?”

“I’ll put you there.”

            Tao sat down next to Kris. Kris looked at him with an astonished look on his face. Tao seemed so scary. He had a certain look in his eyes that said he was ready to kill. He didn’t care why Tao was there, and he didn’t even care if he followed him but he was happy that Tao was there.  Tao was there for him, supporting him. He didn’t even look at Onew anymore.

“Wow, Kris you really got a good one hear, but I  bet he’s not as good as me. I can offer you way more than he can.”

“What can you give him that I can’t?”

“Money. It’s not like you have any of that.”

“I can give him as much money as wants.”

“How?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know?”

“I mean it’s not like your family is a big shot family. I’ve been with all of them.”

“Who said I was Korean.”

“Oh, foreigner. Even better for me.”

“What. You honestly think you’re going to win either of us over with your looks. You’re pathetic. It might have worked for you in high school, but this is the real world. Nothing happens the way you want it. And you will forever be a sad story that no one wants to remember.  So just stay away from us. Go bother someone who actually cares.”

            Tao pulled Kris up from their seats and walked out from the café. He was tugging him along till they got to a park that was nearby and was pretty empty. Tao looked over at Kris and saw him looking down at the ground. Tao instantly felt like he had done something wrong and tried to get a look at Kris’ face but he just moved out of sight.

“Kris? I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to barge in like that it’s just that I saw you two while I was going to the store and I thought I’d introduce myself, but then I heard what he said and I just I couldn’t help it. I’m sorry.”

            Kris didn’t look up but he did bring Tao into a hug. Kris brought his lips to Tao’s temples and kisses them.

“It’s okay. Thank you. For standing up for me. I thought I would give in. I don’t care why you were in there I’m just glad that you were.”

            They hugged each other for a moment before pulling away. Kris looked at Tao and smiled. Tao smiled back. The scary look no longer in his eyes. His eyes were loving this time. Instead of like all the other times, Tao kissed Kris.  Kris was surprised at first since he was the one that usually initiated the kisses, but soon after he closed his eyes and followed Tao’s lead. They pulled away and smiled at each other while their hands were linked together in between them.

            They left the park and decided to go on a date. They didn’t really go out much since their lives had become a routine. Kris thought it’d be a good idea to just be out with Tao and enjoy the day. It wasn’t the most beautiful day out since it was slightly chilly but they managed with it. It didn’t seem like such a big price to pay if they got to spend their time together. When the sun started to set they decided on going home. Instead of buying ingredients for dinner, Kris bought food for the both of them and they ate while watching some variety show that was playing on the TV.  That night they ended up just falling asleep on the couch to the sounds, of people laughing at some corny joke that someone had said, on the TV.

            When they woke up in the morning it was raining and the sky was a dark gray.  Kris woke up before Tao and he just sat there with Tao leaning against him. His neck hurt from falling asleep on the couch but he had Tao with him so it was fine. When Tao woke up he felt someone looking at him and turned to find Kris just staring at him. He smiled at him and moved up to kiss him. It wasn’t anything big, just a small peck. They smiled at each other and just held onto one another enjoying the sound of the rain hitting the windows in the apartment.  They didn’t do much that day. They hardly even ate anything. They mainly drank tea and sat on the couch snuggling up to one another underneath a blanket.


hey! i wasn't really planning on updating this soon but this chapter kind of just came out like it was the simpliest thing in the world. i think my personal problems aren't that big of a deal to me anymore since i just kind of threw it away. i don't even care anymore.  i'll let my problems be solved if the other person wants them to be solved, but i'm not going to try anymore. oh and i'm finally getting better. i don't wake up with wanting to throw up anymore. so i'm guessing this story will go back to being updated once a week (maybe twice if i have time). 

i hope you enjoyed the protective Tao in this chapter. to me he seems like he'd protect the person he loves no matter what happens. 

also, again i'm pretty sure this story will end pretty soon. i'm probably going to end it at 25 chapters. i feel like TaoRis can live happily. the next couple of chapters might just be some serious fluff.