Epilogue

Happily Ever After?

            After a few years everything was amazing for the family. Kris would go to work while Tao stayed at home and took care of Junhong. Sometimes Tao would go and visit Kris at work with Junghong. Everyone at the office already knew who Tao and Junhong were. On days that Junhong would get out of school early Tao would take him to spend some time with Changmin and Kris at the office. When Junhong turned 8 Tao thought it was a good time to become even more responsible. He left to China to settle things about his parent’s. He took ahold of his parents business. In the past years it had been run by his father’s secretary.  He became completely responsible for the company. He released his father’s secretary, but still paying him as a reward for him for being able to handle the company while Tao was to young and immature to take hold of the company. He expanded the company to Korea.

            When he got back to Korea, Junhong was mad at Tao for leaving him behind. But after a short while Junhong forgave him after a lot of ice cream and late night tickle fights when Junhong couldn’t sleep. Since Junhong was already in school his days were filled with school and spending time with his parent’s when he got home.

            Not long after Tao’s return did he and Kris actually begin to think about the wedding. It had been four years since Kris had proposed. Tao was always just happy being with him. They couldn’t get married in Korea, so Changmin and Yunho suggested that they go to America or Canada to get married. They thought about it and thought it was a good idea.  With Junhong being old enough to understand that his father’s couldn’t marry in the country  they were in he went to sleep in there room that night. The next morning when they woke up late into the morning, since it was Saturday, they got up and had breakfast.

“Daddies, why can’t you get married in Korea? All my friends’ parents got married in Korea.”

“Well sweetie your friends’ parents are all boys and girls right?”

“Mhm.”

“Well we aren’t and the country doesn’t like people like us to get married.”

“But, why? Don’t you just have to love the other person? Isn’t that all you need?”

“I wish it was honey. But it’s not that simple.”

“Then don’t get married. Just love each other, and me, and Totomato.”

“Okay.  But what made you ask that?”

“I heard you talking with Uncle Yunho and Uncle Changmin and I wanted to know.”

“Okay.  Well if you ever want to know about anything else you can just ask us.”

            Junhong nodded and then went back to eating his breakfast. Tao and Kris looked at each other and smiled when they realized that their son was right. They didn’t need to get married to be together. They would love to, but they didn’t have to. All they had to do was be in love and that would be enough for them. They already built a family so they didn’t need the title to top it off.  That day they called their friends and family and told them that they weren’t going to get married. At first everyone was worried that something bad had happened to them and that they were breaking up, but they explained to them that they didn’t need to be married to be happy.  Everyone was relieved to hear that nothing had happened between them and were just happy for them. 

            Everything was fine. They went on with their lives and were happy. They had little fights here and there but nothing really changed between them. Kris would surprise Tao at times out of nowhere and take him and Junhong out to eat or to an amusement park for no reason. And, other times it’d be something simple like just bringing home ice cream for dessert after diner.

            As Junhong grew up he was teased about having two dads instead of a mom and a dad, but he didn’t care he knew that his dads loved him the same. To him it didn’t matter if he had two dads, two moms, or a mom and a dad, or even just one parent, all he cared about was that they loved him and that’s all he needed. At one point the teasing got to be physical and Kris and Tao both headed to the school and pulled Junhong out of school. They asked for him to be switched classes and lunches so there was no way that the boys that picked on him would be able to see him. Junhong didn’t mind having his dads going into his class and having everyone stare at the three of them.

            When Junhong was in middle school one of the teachers tried flirting with Kris at a parent meeting when Tao was running late. When Tao arrived he saw the teacher about to touch Kris and just let out a small laugh. Kris turned to him and got up to greet him. The teacher was new so she didn’t know about Junhong having two fathers. So, she was astonished when Kris kissed Tao.  There were only two guest chairs to sit at so Tao sat on Kris’ lap and that just brought another wave of astonishment to the teacher. Junhongs giggles could be heard from the chair next to Kris and Tao.

“Who are you, sir?”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t introduce myself. I’m Hwuang ZiTao, Junhong’s father.”

“But, Mr. Wu is his father.”

“And I’m his other father.”

“But… how?”

“Are we going to sit here and talk about how we’re a gay couple or our son’s grades and performance in school?”

“Right, sorry. It’s just… I’m sorry.”

“About what? Flirting with my partner or getting off track?”

            The teacher blushed hearing Tao and then proceeded to start with the actual meeting. Kris pocked Tao’s side as a punishment for embarrassing the teacher. Tao didn’t mean any harm, they both knew that, but it was funny to them to see someone so flustered over them being gay.  The meeting went fine after that. She discussed how Junhong had recently been acting up a little in class but it wasn’t much of a disturbance so it was fine. Then explained Junhong’s grades and everything else that goes on with Junhong while in school. One thing that did catch Kris’ and Tao’s attention was when the teacher mentioned that Junhong had recently been hanging out with the students of higher grades.

            On the ride back home Junhong didn’t really speak since his parents were talking about something that didn’t really interest him. He sat in the back seat playing on his phone. When they got home Junhong stepped into the house first and was about to go to his room but Kris stopped him and asked them to talk. He sat down on the couch and expected his parents to sit across from him and have a serious talk like in the movies; but instead they sat on either side of him and any sort of tension that he had was gone.

“Junhonggie, why don’t you bring your friends over some day?”

“Would you be okay with it?”

“As long as they don’t do drugs then we’re okay with it. Right?”

“But they also can’t be in any sort of gang or anything.”

“You do realize that there is like literally close to zero gangs here.”

“Well, you never know. You could be the lucky one to find that gang.”

“Is that supposed to be a good thing?”

“No, but honey, just make sure you don’t get into too much trouble. We understand that you’re getting older and want to do things that you see others doing and that’s completely fine, just ask us first. We want to make sure you’re safe.”

“Tao’s right. We love you and you know that. We’ve loved you since the first time we laid eyes on you.”

“Dad, can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Why did you pick me? Out of every other child there, why’d you pick me?”

“I felt that I had to pick you. You seemed so special that I just needed to have you in my life just like Panda Mama over there.”

“I can here you, you know. I’m like a foot away from you.”

“Yea, well he’s the one that came up with that name for you remember?”

“I came up with that? I thought you just called him that since before I came into you lives.”

“No. But I did tell him he looked like a Panda the first night we met and then he got really mad at me.”

“You’ve both told me about everything that happened in your lived but you’ve never told me of how you met. Can you tell me?”

“Oh, baby, there’s a lot that we haven’t told you. We just thought you weren’t mature enough to know.”

“Well, I’m fifteen now. I think I can handle it. You can tell me.”

“Kris?”

“I think he has a right to know about everything.”

“Even, Chanyeol?”

“He is family. He deserves to know.”

“Are you going to be okay?”

“I have you two here, I’ll be fine.”

            That’s when Junhong found out everything. From how they met to Kris’ past relationship with Onew and how it broke him. About Chanyeol and what happened. He also found out about the first night that he and Tao met. And they told him about the time that Xiumin, Chen, Lay, and Luhan all came to Korea to visit Tao and how everything turned out. And then how they became each other’s valentine. Nothing was left out. From the breaking of hearts to the reunion of family and friends. Junhong hugged Kris the whole time he was telling him about Chanyeol and about how he had felt about his parents. At the end of it Junhong understood why his parents were the way they were. They had been through so much together that nothing could faze them. They conquered everything that was thrown at them. At the end of it all Junhong wished to be like his parent’s when he got older. He wanted to experience love to its fullest potential and then be able to live happily but with some turmoil so his life won’t be boring.


Some sappy and all my feels about this being the end

So... i know this is a little late (what am i talking about it's almost a whole week late), but this is the end. i know this chapter's short and this is supposed to be like the best chapter in the whole story because everyone is happy and everything. but, personally, i felt like this was enough. i felt like just a simple overview would be good enough and that you guys could add in your own little interpretations of what happened between the time gaps. 

i want to thank everyone that had read this story. weather you read it from the very begining or joined in at any other point in the story i just want to thank you. all of you. especially those that subscribed and commented and made me feel like what i was doing was actually something that even just a little bit of people looked forward to. and i want to thank those that stuck with me through my time's of being inconsitant a couple of weeks ago. i just had a lot going on in my life and you guys understood and still waited. i know it's hard to wait for others but i truely am grateful for those that waited and stuck with me.

also to those that have followed this story not only as this story but the oneshot that started all of this i'm so greatfull because you encouraged me and told me that my writting was sufficient enough even when i felt like it wasn't . 

 

So, it's done. this story's over. and i just really wanted to thank you all. i hope you have enjoyed the last chapter of this story and enjoyed the story the whole time.  i don't know if you guys know this but i've been writing this story since January 4 of this year.  it's literally been 6 months and 2 days since the first time i began to write this story.  it honestly feels like i haven't been writing this story for that long but i am truely grateful that i was given the oportunity to share my work with all you wonderful people. 

 

and if you do want me to write you something personally or even just feel like talking i'll always be here. don't be afraid to talk to me. i'm here for you even if i don't know any of  you personally. also, you have all become a big part of my life in the past six months even if you haven't done anything aside from click the 'subscribe to story' button or left a small comment on this story or any of my stories.