Before The Meeting

Happily Ever After?

 

            After that day the rest of the week was pretty normal. They would wake up and get ready if they were planning to go out anywhere, but if they weren’t they’d just stay in their pajamas. Tao would always cook and win over Kris’ taste buds. They would lounge around and do nothing. Sometimes Kris would be reading in the living room and Tao would sit at the opposite end of the couch and just stare at Kris or play with his phone. They didn’t do a lot of talking. If they did it was very little and it was mainly about what the other wanted to do. They occasionally went out to eat or just to walk around.

            Most of the time that they went out it was just to walk or just to get some fresh air. Sometimes they’d go out to shops to buy things or they’d be walking and find something that they liked and bought it.  It was nearing Friday and Kris and Tao only had three more days left. Tao realized that the week had gone by fast and he still hadn’t won over Kris’ heart. Tao decided to put a plan together that’ll surely get Kris’ to fall in love with him.

            Kris got a call from Changmin Friday morning while he was eating breakfast with Tao. He excused himself and went to answer the call. When he went back to the table to finish eating he had a grumpy look on his face. Tao asked him what was wrong, and Kris answered with telling Tao that Changmin wanted to meet up for dinner that night. Tao felt a bit sad realizing that he was going to be alone that night. Kris didn’t notice Tao’s face become sad since he was trying to finish his food.

“So do you want to go out and buy something for tonight or are you going to wear something you brought.”

“What?”

“Well we’re going to meet Changmin for dinner so I was wondering if you wanted to buy something nice since Changmin usually picks fancy restaurants.”

“Wait? I’m going?”

“Well this dinner is so he can meet you.”

“Oh. I guess we can go look at the shops.”

“Okay lets finish eating and then we’ll get ready.”

            Tao didn’t expect for the dinner to be centered around him. He was happy though, that he wouldn’t have to be alone that night. When they got done eating they left the dishes in the sink and left to get ready. They showered and were heading out the door in the next hour. When they went to the car, Kris went into the driver’s side with Tao in the passenger seat.  They headed down the all too familiar road to the shopping center. They parked in the parking lot under the mall and got on the elevator to get to the main floor. They went up to the level that had all the designer brands and looked around but couldn’t find anything that either of them liked. They went down a level and began to look at all the different clothes that all the smaller shops had. Tao was attracted to a shop because of all the bright colors that the display had. He walked over to the shop and entered and began to wonder around the store. He found a t-shirt that he liked and decided to try it on. What he saw when he came out was Kris sitting on one of the couches, that the store had in front of the dressing room, sipping on bubble tea and had an extra cup in his other hand. He walked up to Tao when he saw him come out of the dressing room.

“I like it. I don’t think it’s appropriate for tonight but I like it.”

“Thanks. How’d you know I was in the dressing room.”

“I didn’t. After you left me, I saw you come into this store and then I couldn’t see you so I figured you’d be trying something on. Oh here. I got you one too. “

“Thanks. I’ll just change back into my other shirt.”

            Tao went back into the dressing room and changed back to his normal shirt. When he came out he looked around and saw that Kris was looking at some stuffed animals that the store had in the children’s section of the store. He walked over to Kris and hugged him from behind. He felt Kris tense up but relax soon after he looked down at the arms around him. Instead of taking Tao’s arms away from his body he leaned back a little into Tao’s chest. He picked up a small panda plushie that was on the very top shelf and smiled at it. He turned around and motioned Tao to head over to the register. Tao pulled away and instead held Kris’ hand. When they got up to the register the sales person looked at them and just smiled. She put their things into a bag and bid them a fare well.

            When they walked into another store they saw clothes that were a bit higher end and began to look around. For things that’d be appropriate for their dinner date. Tao found some pants that didn’t seem too casual but still weren’t dress pants. He liked them and ventured into the shirt section to find something that would match with the pants. All the while Kris found a shirt that he thought would look good on Tao and went to look for him so he could show Tao. He found him in the shirt department as he stared intently at two different shirt, probably having some sort of debate as to which one to get. Kris went up behind him and swung the shirt he had in his hands in front of Tao’s vision. He heard a small gasp leave Tao’s lips as he laid his eyes upon the shirt.

“It’s perfect.”

“I know.”

“How’d you know I was looking for something like this?”

“I didn’t. I just thought it’d look nice on you.”

“Thanks. I’ll go try these on and see if they fit.”

“I’ll wait out here.”

            Tao grabbed the shirt from Kris’ hands and headed towards the dressing rooms. He changed into the clothes and was surprised to find that they were a perfect fit. All the while Kris lazily walked around the store seeing if anything interested him. He didn’t need to buy anything since he had plenty of fancy clothes to wear since he and Changmin would always go to restaurants together. He heard one of the doors from the dressing rooms open and saw Tao coming out of it. He looked at himself in the mirror and inspected to outfit to see if anything was off. Kris walked over to him and stood behind Tao and inspected him.

“You look great.”

“Thanks. The shirt completes it. The pants are fine on their own but with the shirt it looks so nice together.”

“I guess I actually have to try tonight and look good. I don’t want you to shine on your own.”

“Really? You can’t let me have my moment?”

“Not when you’re meeting my boss. I forgot to tell you. By the end of the night we’ll have a         wedding venue and decorations covered for whoever gets married first.”

Kris’ words pricked at Tao’s heart like a thorn on a rose. It hurt but he could live through it. It still hurt knowing that Kris didn’t even joke about it being their wedding. He was slightly hurt mainly because he knew of how Kris viewed their relationship. He knew that he was more than just a friend to Kris and he also wasn’t going to be just a brother. Kris had feelings for Tao but he was just denying them since he didn’t know of Tao’s own feelings.

They bought Tao’s outfit and left the mall. They headed home to just relax before they had to get ready for that night. Kris knew that Changmin would reveal some things about him that not even his parents knew about. He was getting mentally prepared for that. Tao on the other hand was mentally preparing himself for what the night would bring. He had never met Kris’ boss and he hadn’t said anything about him. He knew absolutely nothing about the man other than that he was Kris’ boss and that they’d been friends since high school. Also his name was Changmin. He also knew that he was older than Kris so he’d have to be respectful of him.


so the next chapter will be up in a few days since i didn't get to put the actual dinner in this chapter. i'll probably crank it out tomorrow morning,

i've reached 56 subscribers, thank you guys so much for subcribing and even if i don't say it individually to each one of you  it really does mean a lot when someone subscribes to my stories. i feel like i can actually achieve something. i feel as though my work is good enough.  also thank you to the people that comment on this story. honestly it makes me feel so happy when i see that i have a comment on a story, 

personal life rant for the week : well monday was my birthday and my friends got me a ton of food for my birthday and i was so happy but really i don't want to eat or see a cake for months. i had that much. also i didn't really expect anything from my family but my oldest brother took me shopping and my other brother gave me $50(thats a lot considering how cheap he is) and my mom got me clothes. but then also on wednesday we went to the mall and i mentioned that i wanted to get my ears pierced again and well my dad let me get them pierced, only thing is that i don't know how to sleep on my back and both of my ears are pieced so i can't sleep on either side. T.T but it's okay, i'm happy with my piecings.

also on my birthday (monday) i uploaded a one shot in case you guys didn't read it. it says is rated [M] but really it's not that bad. there's like so ual things in it. so if you haven't read it it's here Goodbye Best Friend  it's a B.A.P fangif just so you know ahead of time,