The Mask

If You Could See Me Now

Y O N G H W A & S E O H Y U N


Seohyun is busy carrying her bags in the backstage hallway, they’re now getting ready for the KPop super concert. Her unnies are still in the coffeeshop grabbing something to eat before the show starts.

Just when she is struggling with her bags, she bumped into someone that she hasn’t seen for a long time.

Jung Yong Hwa.

Well, everyone knews him as the ex-husband of Seohyun, and to be honest it has been months ago since Seohyun meet him face-to face like this.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I guess you need help.” Yonghwa said, bending to pick one of her bags.

“Ah, aniya, its okay, Yonghwa-oppa. I can do it by myself.” Seohyun replied, somehow she still feel nervous when he’s around.

“Aish, you are still that same Seohyun.”He said, grabbing two of Seohyun’s bag and starts to walk her to SNSD’s room.Hearing this, Seohyun blushed and she decided to look away.

“How are you, Hyun?” He asked while walking,looking at Seohyun who is now different, she now has cute bangs, even so she looks more grown up.

“Im good, oppa, how about you?”Seohyun try to act calm and relax, but her heart cant stop from beating faster.

“Me too, your hair is now cute.”Yonghwa says boldly, but then Seohyun can notice a tint of red in his cheek.

“Ah…aniya.” Seohyun, however blushed too.

“We haven’t talked for a long time, there’s so many things that I want to tell you, Hyun.” Yonghwa said suddenly.

Seohyun just nodded, nervous and curious about the things that he want to tell her.

Seohyun then decided to be bold, and make her first move, she cant lie to herself that she missed him, and ofcourse…little did she know her heart is still attracted to him.

“Well…Oppa, maybe we can have a time to catch up sometimes, you know, the café is always open and private for idols.”Seohyun chuckled nervously, she never knew that she can say a thing like that.

“Uhm…”Yonghwa  suddenly looked like he’s confused, Seohyun tilted her head.

“Oppa, waeyo?” Seohyun asked in confusion too.

“Im afraid we cant do it, Hyun.”Yonghwa hesitately said, adding a dry laugh at the end of his words.

Seohyun felt like she is been pushed down a cliff. Disappointed, and embarrassed.

Instead of saying its okay, Seohyun asked “Why?”

And she regretted for blurting such stupid things.

“I…I have…I have a girlfriend right now.” Yonghwa stated nervously, Seohyun’s eyes widened, her heart felt like it just fell off to the ground.But she tried to keep her mask on.

“Uwah! Jinjja? Who is she?” Seohyun just hoped her voice sounded real and natural.

“Hmm…she is…Choa…you know, AOA…”Yonghwa nervously said, rubbing the back of his head.

“Uwaaah, she’s pretty,and her voice is good too right?”Seohyun said again, trying to keep up with her acting.

Yonghwa just nodded, he felt awkward around Seohyun suddenly, he didn’t expect her to be this happy.

“Oppa, SNSD’s room is here.” Seohyun said, feeling relieved, after all she doesn’t have to put her mask for a long time.

She quickly opened the door, and walked in which Yonghwa followed,both of them put Seohyun’s bag down.

“Gumawo, Yonghwa-Oppa.”Seohyun said, giving him a smile, and still looking like she’s happy with him dating Choa.

“You’re welcome,Hyun.”He said.

Yonghwa was planning to walk out of the door, but instead he turned around to find a smiling Seohyun, without any hesitation, he suddenly swooped her into a hug.

“Thankyou, Seohyun-ah.” He said suddenly, pulling her tighter, and even he kissed her hair.

Yonghwa, to be honest, he cant forget Seohyun too. He cant lie that his heart is still with her.

“Oppa…”Seohyun is speechless, she tried her best not to let her tears fall down, and she decided to break the hug.

“Oppa, congratulations with Choa, be happy, and you should treat her right.”Seohyun said, giving him a weak smile.

Yonghwa really wanted to say that he still likes her, but he cant, he still have Choa.And he don’t want to start any rumors for Seohyun too.

He just nodded, saying “I will” and then he walked out.

Seohyun quickly closed the door when he walked out of SNSD’s room, and she leaned to it. Just then, all of the act that she’s been playing for these 10 minutes, ended. Her mask just fell off.

Tears escaped her eyes.Her heart is breaking. But she cant do nothing.

Glancing at the clock, she wiped off her tears, and starts to busy herself, she don’t want her unnies to know that she cried, well…atleast she hoped they wouldn’t find out.