Innocence ( Part 2 )

If You Could See Me Now

Y O N G H W A & S E O H Y U N


It was a peaceful Saturday afternoon, and Seohyun is having a solitude in her favorite coffee shop, reading a classic American literature book, accompanied by a cup of cappuccino, and a slice of her favorite goguma cake.

“Ms. Seohyun?” Seohyun looked up when she heard someone is calling her, and when she looked up, she found out its Jung HaeRa’s father, Jung Yong Hwa.

Seohyun smiled, “ Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Jung.” She bowed her head a little.

“Ah, anyeong, im sorry I’ve been rude to not greet you before.”He chuckled.

“May I sit here?” He continued, Seohyun quickly nodded, saying of course, and so Yonghwa is now sitting across Seohyun.

“Am I disturbing your day? I mean, are you waiting for someone or…”Yonghwa awkwardly asked, meeting his daughter teacher in a coffee shop it’s a rare moment.

“Oh, aniya, I’m fine, I just went here all by myself.” Seohyun replied.

“Is there anything you want to talk about, Mr.Jung?”Seohyun continued to ask.

Yonghwa just nodded, sipping his Americano before replying Seohyun’s question.

“HaeRa, she just can stop talking about you.Well you know, she keeps calling you her mom.”Yonghwa said, hearing this Seohyun is surprised and she blushed a little, little did she knew, she can see pink tints on Yonghwa’s cheeks too.

“Ah, mianhae, Mr.Jung. I did tell her that im her mom at school though, mianhae, jeongmal mianhae.”Seohyun replied, bowing her head for 3 times.

“Ya…yah! Don’t apologize like that. I should thank you though, because of you, she stops whining about her…mom.” He said hesitately.

“You know, she used to ask about her mom whereabouts, then she will say that  her mom didn’t love her, and the list goes on. Im surprised when last time you said that her mom loves her, she didn’t complain.” Yonghwa continued.

Seohyun can only look at Yonghwa, she really wants to know about HaeRa’s mom, but it’ll be inappropriate to ask.As if Yonghwa knows what Seohyun is thinking, he let out a deep sigh.

“She left us, to marry another man. Of course, he is richer than me.Thats why.” Yonghwa said, Seohyun just gasped, so what Sunny tells her is true.

“I was shocked, you know, I thought she loved me for better or worse, for rich or poor, but I guess I was wrong.” Yonghwa let out a dry chuckle.

“At first, it was hard for me, then I think, its okay, I’ll go on with my live. But, I tell her that she still have to look for HaeRa.” Yonghwa continued again.

“But she said ‘Im sorry, Yonghwa. I will live a new life, and im sorry I cant take care of her.’ And unfortunately, HaeRa heard that.” Yonghwa sighed. Seohyun eyes widened, she’s surprised, how come a mom said a thing like that?

“Mr.Jung, im really sorry to hear that.” Seohyun gave him a comforting smile.

Yonghwa then looked at her, and he replied her smile.

“Enough with the tragedy, lets talk about other things.”Yonghwa straighten himself up.

“How’s your career? I mean, do you find any difficulties in handling those 5 years old kids?” Yonghwa asked, and Seohyun chuckled.

That afternoon, Yonghwa and Seohyun talk about a lot of things, and somehow they become more comfortable to each other.

Well, it’s a good to develop a teacher- and parent relationship for the kid.

But, little did, Yonghwa starts to think like HaeRa, she’s an angel, and…he likes to know more about her.

Oeteokke?