Innocence ( Part 1 )

If You Could See Me Now

Y O N G H W A & S E O H Y U N


 

“ Uwah, is this really your drawing, HaeRa?” Seohyun asked to the 5 year old girl who is showing her drawing to her, she nodded shyly.

“ This is really beautiful, HaeRa, just like you.”Seohyun smiled and pinched her cheeks playfully, HaeRa just giggled.

“Class, are you finished with your drawing?” Seohyun asked the whole class, and she got a “YEEES!” from all of the kids, Seohyun giggled to herself.

“Okay, if you’re finished, then please give it to me, after that you should clean up your things.” Seohyun said, one by one the children came to Seohyun and hand the drawings to her, after that they’re cleaning the mess and their things up.

“If you’re already finished with cleaning, I’ll go around the class to check it.”Seohyun said, she then start to walk around the class, she smiled proudly when she found out her students had been cleaning up very well.

“You know, because you all are good and bright kids, I’ll give you a reward, and that is…..a free time!” Seohyun announced earning a chant of “YAAAY!” from the children and then off they go to play.

Except, HaeRa. She is just slumping down on her chair, pouting.Seeing this Seohyun quickly walked over to her.

“HaeRa, whats wrong? Why do you look so sad?” Seohyun asked.

“No, im fine Ms.Seohyun.”HaeRa replied. Shooking her head in a cute way.

Even if she tells her so, Kids cant lie, and Seohyun knows about it.

“HaeRa, you can tell me everything, whats bothering you?Is it one of your friends?”Seohyun asked.

“Ms. Seohyun always know when im sad, even I said that Im okay to you.” HaeRa suddenly blurted out.

“Of course, its because I love you, HaeRa.” Seohyun give her the sweetest smile while patting her head.

“Jeongmalyo? Do you really love me, Miss?” HaeRa asked, her eyes is twinkling.

Seohyun nodded and giggled, she found that HaeRa is just too cute.

“Then you can be my mother.” HaeRa continued, Seohyun was taken aback for a second, and then she knew that HaeRa misses her mom so much.

“ Im your mother when you’re in school, HaeRa “Seohyun smiled to her, knowing an angel like HaeRa being abandoned by her mother is something that made Seohyun’s heart sink. She heard from Sunny, the other class teacher who happened to be her bestfriend too, that HaeRa’s mom left her and her appa to marry a rich guy out there. Seohyun think its nonsense and…really stupid. She never calls anyone by names, but she cant really take that kind of story, marriage is not something you do for fun. That’s what she thought.

“Cant you be my real mother too?” HaeRa asked innocently.

“Aniya, HaeRa. Your appa will find a perfect mother for you.She will love you and your appa. You all will be a happy family.” Seohyun said to HaeRa, just in time the bell rings. Everyone then gathered their things and sat on their table after doing their routines before going home, they grabbed their bags and walked cheerfully to meet with their families outside.

*

Seohyun is shocked when she find out a 5 year old girl is sitting on the concrete stairs, with her hands on her jaw, looking bored and annoyed at the same time.

“HaeRa?”Seohyun called her, HaeRa quickly turned around, her expression changed when she saw Seohyun.

“Ms. Seohyun! You are really an angel! You came here just when I thought about you!” HaeRa quickly got up and run to Seohyun.

Seohyun picked her up, she is surprised that HaeRa is thinking of her, while she to be honest…is too.

“Why don’t you go back inside the school? Its dangerous to wait outside alone, HaeRa. Where’s your appa?” Seohyun nagged her for a second.

“Appa is nowhere to be seen, maybe he’s still working.” HaeRa replied.

Just in time, a man who is wearing a black suit and a tie came out from his car, he looked panic and guilty. He then scanned all over the school area, he is relieved when he found his daughter, in the arms of her teacher.

“Appa!” HaeRa called. The man quickly ran over to them.

“HaeRa! Mianhae, appa is being really late today.” The man said, Seohyun gave HaeRa over to him, giving him a smile but still remained silent.

“Its okay, Appa. Luckily, Ms. Seohyun came, I feel so calm when she’s around.She’s like an angel! I love her appa, and she said that she loved me too. Appa, Ms. Seohyun fits well to by my umma right?” The innocent HaeRa asked. Which made Seohyun and the man blushed.

“ HaeRa, of course she loves you, you are a beautiful and bright kid, right Ms. Seohyun?” The man asked, looking to Seohyun. His eyes somehow fixed on her beautiful feature, yet it looked so pure and delicate. HaeRa’s words are true, she’s like an angel.

“Of course, everyone loves you, HaeRa.”Seohyun said, patting her head.

“ Umma didn’t love me.” HaeRa blurted out. The man stoned, he don’t know how to respond when HaeRa is saying these things. He looked at Seohyun. She looked at him back, but her eyes remained calm, she smiled, and focused on HaeRa again, she caressed her cheek.

“She does, HaeRa. But she didn’t show it like appa. Don’t talk like that about your mother, arraso? She is really happy to have a kid like you.” Seohyun said calmly.

Surprisingly HaeRa just nodded, usually she would have blurted out some difficult arguments .

The man looked at Seohyun with a surprised look.

He then give her a smile, and offered his hand.

“Im Jung Yong Hwa, thanks for taking care of my HaeRa.”