What Lies Beneath

If You Could See Me Now

Y O N G H W A & S E O H Y U N


Seohyun can feel the fresh air and the smell of the sea surrounding her, she smiled widely. She never knew that she’ll be back to this place again, and also with the same person that she first went with, Jung Yong Hwa.

But this time, its different. When the first time Seohyun is coming to Busan, there are cameras and PD who is going with them, to film their reality show, We Got Married.For now its only the two of them, Seohyun and Yonghwa no one else.

Seohyun and Yonghwa began secretly dating 2 months after WGM, and then they become official 6 months after that, of course for the Goguma Shipper this is the best news ever, well some of them are kind of disappointed, but after some months they accept the fact that YongSeo looks good together.

“Its so good to be back here.” Seohyun said to Yonghwa, who is busy with their luggage, even its only 3 days, but they are bringing a lot of gift for Yonghwa’s family and realtives,

“Hey, let me help.” Seohyun said, looking at her boyfriend who looked struggling.

“Yah yah, just let me handle it by myself, after all im a strong man, right?”Yonghwa, being the choding one, chuckled.

Seohyun just shook her head, but then she chuckled, she will never get enough with his choding attitude.

“So, is your brother picking us up?”Seohyun asked, looking for the sign of Yonghwa’s brother.

“Well…he actually should be here already…”Yonghwa said, looking for his brother too.

“Yah! Yonghwa-yah! Seohyun-sshi!” Suddenly a voice came from behind, and when they turned around its Yonghwa’s brother, luckily he’s on time.

“Kajja, umma and appa are waiting for you two.”He said, and so Yonghwa and Seohyun followed him behind.

*

“Uwaaah! Seohyun-ah! You really don’t have to do this!” Yonghwa’s mom said when receiving a lot of gifts from Seohyun.Seohyun just chuckled, and give her a sweet smile.

“Its alright,ommuni , I insisted, because you know, the last time I went here you give me a great time, and im really thankful.” Seohyun said, sipping her tea.

“Aish, Seohyun-ah, this is too much, I don’t want to be a burden to you and Yonghwa for bringing all these things.” Yonghwa’s mom replied.

“Mwoya?Ommuni, don’t be like that, its nothing for me and Yonghwa to brought it here, we are really happy that we can give this to you.” Seohyun said with her twinkling eyes.

“Aigooo~ I must be really lucky to have a daughter in law like you, Seohyun-ah.”Yonghwa’s mom said, and of course this made Seohyun blush.

Meanwhile, while Seohyun and his mom are opening up their gifts that they brought from Seoul, Yonghwa is having a time with his father in the terrace.

“Seohyun is really a nice girl, Yonghwa-yah.” His father said, while drinking his tea.”Just seeing your mother acts around her, I know she’s definitely the one for you.” He continued.

“So you like Seohyun too?I mean, you accept Seohyun like umma do?” Yonghwa asked, he is kind of afraid to have a talk like this with his father.

‘Of course,she’s a deary Yonghwa-yah, she fits you perfectly.” His father said while tapping his shoulder.

“Then, I think our relationship is now blessed.”Yonghwa said, looking at his father with a bright smile.

“Well…sorry to say, Yonghwa-yah. But not yet.” His father said, and this made Yonghwa shocked, what does he mean?

His father chuckled.”Easy, young man. You still need to ask the blessings from Seohyun’s parents.” His father continued, and this made Yonghwa breath a sigh of relief.

‘I’ll do it when we’re back in Seoul, appa.” He said, giving him a convincing smile.

“Do it tonight.” His father then said.

‘Huh?But we’re in Busan right now.”Yonghwa said with a confused look on his face.

*

DING DONG.

“Seohyun-ah, can you please open the door?” Yonghwa’s mother who is busy in the kitchen said to Seohyun.

“Of course, ommuni.” She said, while walking to the front door and opened it, she gasped in surprise, both of her parents are standing in front of Yonghwa’s doorstep.

“Umma! Appa!” Seohyun cheerfully said, hugging both of them, hearing this Yonghwa’s mom giggled and walked out of the kitchen bringing a tray with cups of tea and cookies.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. & Mrs. Seo, finally we meet for the 2nd time.”Yonghwa’s mom said, placing the tray on the table.

“Wait, 2nd time?” Yonghwa who is now in the living room asked in confusion.

“Yes, my son in law, we’ve met your family before, and it seems my daughter had found her perfect match.” Mr.Seo said, and this made Seohyun and Yonghwa blushed.

Everyone then gathered in the living room, having small talks and jokes, Seohyun and Yonghwa can feel the happiness and warmness from both of their family in this one room, and this made both of them happy.

Then, Mr. Jung announced that they’ll have a dinner in the Busan greatest Japanese restaurant, with the whole big family.

And little did Seohyun feel her heart is skipping a beat, Yonghwa’s too.

*

The dinner went really well, the bonding between Seohyun’s family, and Yonghwa’s family its like they’re really close friends from high school. Also, how Mr.&Mrs. Seo already treat Yonghwa like he is their own child, made Yonghwa feel warm and welcome, just like what Seohyun feels towards Yonghwa’s family.The Waiters then came in to give the desserts, which is Matcha Ice Cream and Goguma Ice Cream, Seohyun felt really happy that this restaurant would serve an Ice Cream that only a few of people likes.

When Seohyun is busy spooning her ice cream, she suddenly find a hint of Silver in her ice cream, she’s confused and curious at the same time, so she begin to “dig” her ice cream and she found out that the hint of silver is…a ring.

“Omo!”She gasped, with the ring in her spoon. Yonghwa tried to hide his smile and knew nothing about it.

“J…jung…Yong…hwa.” She stuttered, too happy to find a ring in her ice cream, she suddenly remembered back in the WGM days, when Yonghwa had buried a birthday gift for her in the goguma field.

All of the parents look at both of them surprised, they never knew that Yonghwa would do such a sweet thing.

“Wow?You got a ring from the ice cream?Then maybe I should dig my ice cream too!” Yonghwa pretended to not know about the ring.

“Y…yah!” Seohyun is getting confused because Yonghwa’s words.

“Jung Yong Hwa, is it from you?” Seohyun asked again.

“Aniya…why are you hoping that is from me?” Yonghwa replied, played along with Seohyun, and this earned a chuckle from their parents.

“Aisssh, be serious!” Seohyun said, giving Yonghwa a cute pout that he cant resist.

Yonghwa hesitated for a moment, he then looked to their parents, the fathers are giving Yonghwa a nod.

Yonghwa then quickly stood up and walked to Seohyun’s side, he picked the ring from her spoon,cleaned it with a napkin, and suddenly he kneeled down beside her.

Seohyun gasped, and so does the mothers.

“Seo Joo Hyun, I know you think this is kind of weird, kneeling in a restaurant, I know this is less romantic, not like a fairytale that you often read when you’re 5.But, you should be calm, because im not asking you to marry me, no, not at this time.I’ll find a more romantic moment, and of course you’ll probably think its too early for us, we’re still young and we still have a bright career. So, what im asking you know is…to promise me, that you’ll always be on my side, always keep me warm with your smile, always make me happy with your twinkling eyes, and always love me, because I will, Seo Joo Hyun, I will do all the things to make you happy, and I’ll love you always, this is what I promise to you, will you promise to me too?” Yonghwa said, looking at Seohyun with full love in his eyes, while Seohyun is speechless, she never knew that Yonghwa truly understand her, her eyes become teary.

so, why waste time when the answer is already clear and obvious?

With her twinkling eyes, her warm smile, and her heart full of love, Seohyun can only reply with a sentence that sounds.

“I will Jung Yong Hwa, I will keep my promise to you.”