Innocence ( Part 3 )

If You Could See Me Now

Y O N G H W A & S E O H Y U N


 

“Appa! The weather is getting scarier!” HaeRa said when they’re stuck in the traffic.

“HaeRa, just calm down, okay? Don’t freak out, everything will be okay.” Seohyun said, looking to HaeRa and grabbed her hand. HaeRa smiled. Yonghwa too, he is surprised that Seohyun is really a caring woman, that’s why HaeRa likes her a lot.

Just then, the radio announcer said that the typhoon is getting worse, and everyone should stay in their house, because it’ll be dangerous if they drive or they are outside their home.

“Oeteokke!? Appa! Its scary!” HaeRa said, still holding on Seohyun’s hand, now she is squeezing it more tightly.

“Mianhae, Mr.Jung, im such a burden.” Seohyun said, she suddenly felt like she was being a burden to both him and HaeRa.

“Yah! Ms. Seohyun, what are you saying? You are definitely not. Don’t think that way.” Yonghwa protested, and earning a nodding HaeRa.

“My apartment is near here, you should get in first and wait until the typhoon is done, please, I beg for your safety.” Seohyun suddenly said.

And just then, the rain is getting heavier, and so does the wind, lightning starts to strike everywhere, and Yonghwa couldn’t say anything but no.

*

“Here, drink this.” Seohyun placed two of hot chocolates mug on the table in front of Yonghwa and HaeRa.

“Kamsahamnida, Ms. Seohyun.” HaeRa said, quickly sipping her hot chocolate.

“Do you need a straw, HaeRa?” Seohyun then walks out from the kitchen again, and put a straw into HaeRa’s mug.

Yonghwa just look at this scene, Seohyun is really caring, and kind.

“Mr. Jung, please drink it up, are you cold?Do you need some blankets?” Seohyun asked again, now she is walking to the other side of her apartment room, grabbing some blankets for him and HaeRa.

“Ms.Seohyun, really thankyou, you are too kind.” Yonghwa said, couldn’t believe that this woman is treating both of them like a number one guest.

“You helped me a to go here too, Mr.Jung, and I don’t like the idea of you and HaeRa driving home in this typhoon, safety is the first thing, right?” She replied, sitting on the arm couch.

“Do you want me to make you some soup?”Seohyun continued, which Yonghwa quickly refuse, she’s just treating them too well.

“Aniya, really don’t do that, just sit here and lets just talk about things first.” Yonghwa suggested.

So they did it, the three of them, laughing and sharing some stories, they even ended up playing some uno cards, under the blankets with hot chocolate milk.

That moment, Yonghwa suddenly felt that this is the family that he’s been asking for, the family that he wanted. HaeRa looked happy too, how she is leaning to Seohyun, and pouting to her, how she can act so natural around her, its different, its like they have more than just teacher and student relationship.

They all then ended up watching Hachiko, which in the middle of the movie HaeRa falls asleep, its now 4PM, and the Typhoon is still going on.

“Let HaeRa sleep in my bed, Mr.Jung, I’ll go carry her.” Seohyun said, carrying HaeRa and bringing her into her room, she tucked HaeRa in, and somehow Seohyun kissed her forehead. Yonghwa who is leaning beside the door jamb of  Seohyun’s door smiled at this scene.

“You are a natural.” He blurted out, and this made Seohyun jump a little.

“Oh, mianhae…I didn’t mean to be like that…its just, she’s lovely, Mr.Jung.” Seohyun said.Yonghwa just chuckled.

“Its fine with me, Ms. Seohyun, she likes you a lot too.” Yonghwa said.

“By the way, just call me Yonghwa, I think Mr.Jung sounds more like my dad.”Yonghwa continued. Seohyun then looked at him, surprised.

“Is it okay with you?” She asked back,Yonghwa nodded.

Seohyun then lead him back to the living room, leaving HaeRa to get some sleep.

“Okay, if its okay with you, and just call me Seohyun.”Seohyun replied, drinking her hot chocolate. Yonghwa chuckled, nodded his head.

“Do you want to drink or eat something, Yonghwa-yah?” Seohyun asked.

“Hmm…tea will be fine.”Yonghwa replied.

“Okay, wait a minute, your tea is on the way.” Seohyun chuckled and walked to the kitchen to make tea for Yonghwa.

“Seohyun-ah.” Yonghwa called from the living room.

“Do you want to watch a movie?” He continued.

“Ndee, its okay, just pick what movie you want to watch.Im okay with everything.”Seohyun replied from the kitchen.

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun’s DVD collection, she has everything from A-Z, just like her books. At first Yonghwa wants to pick an action movie, like 007 or Stolen, then he decided to pick P.S I Love You or The Vow, but then a dvd catch his eye, it’s ONCE, his favorite movie, he then decided to pick ONCE and start to put the dvd in the player, when Seohyun walked back to the living room with Yonghwa’s tea and some snacks, she’s surprised. She never thought Yonghwa is the type who will pick ONCE to watch.

“Is it okay with you?” Yonghwa asked, his voice sounded hopeful.

“Of course, ONCE is my favorite movie, is it fine with you?”Seohyun replied, her tone is really surprised.

“We have the same favorite movie then, Seohyun-ah.”Yonghwa chuckled and start to sit back on the couch, Seohyun awkwardly sat beside him.As the movie started both of them are quiet, having comfortable silence washing over them.

*

HaeRa woke up and smiled to herself, “Ms.Seohyun is really an angel, she even brought me here to her room. If only I could have a mom like her.” She spoke to herself, she heard noises from the living room, its probably Ms.Seohyun and Appa watching a movie, so without any doubt, HaeRa walked out from Seohyun’s bedroom and once she came into the living room, she’s surprised when she saw the scene, her Appa and Ms. Seohyun is snuggling together, watching a movie, HaeRa walks closer, and find both of them are asleep. Seohyun is leaning on Yonghwa’s shoulder, and Yonghwa’s head is leaning on hers, Yonghwa’s arm is circeled around Seohyun. HaeRa smiled happily, if only she got a camera with her, she’ll capture this moment. They look so good together.

Instead of waking them up, HaeRa quickly ran to Seohyun’s bedroom again, and tucked herself in Seohyun’s warm bed, urging herself to sleep because she don’t want to disturb her appa and future umma who is having a moment in the living room.